• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It's a lot more fun imagining several dozen people hitting progressively higher panic levels while waiting for the guy that's supposed to fix things ala how we always wait have to wait for the plumber, electrician, exterminator, etc. than screaming about how Nebulous Corporation the inhuman abomination with a vague CEO shape sticking out the top betrayed you and you'll never do anything for them ever again. Just feeling the intense "oh crap" everyone in the chain of command leading to the social media team is having to even put out a response, and the immediate intense regret and agony on the part of whoever pulled the trigger as thousands of people with the maturity level of two year olds immediately swarm them to scream in their faces.

Remind me never to work in service.

Now all of you go to bed so you can sleep off the cranky and I can try Joker.

D

Deleted member

Still can't get him. Big oof, big sad.

I think this is the first major online outage Nintendo's had with the Switch. People are not gonna be nearly as forgiving as when this was free. The only thing I can hope is that this is a wake up call for them, but somehow, I doubt that. Come the next DLC character, we'll do this song and dance again. We'll get mad, but we'll still keep paying anyways because you have to in order to play online and get the most out of games like Smash and Splatoon.

D

Deleted member

ok i swear to god if i hear last surprise one more time
the you'll never see it coming jokes were bad enough

D

Deleted member

Damn. Good thing I had errands to run today or else I'd be pissed. Gonna see if things get better tomorrow. Night y'all.

D

Deleted member

It's a lot more fun imagining several dozen people hitting progressively higher panic levels while waiting for the guy that's supposed to fix things ala how we always wait have to wait for the plumber, electrician, exterminator, etc. than screaming about how Nebulous Corporation the inhuman abomination with a vague CEO shape sticking out the top betrayed you and you'll never do anything for them ever again. Just feeling the intense "oh crap" everyone in the chain of command leading to the social media team is having to even put out a response, and the immediate intense regret and agony on the part of whoever pulled the trigger as thousands of people with the maturity level of two year olds immediately swarm them to scream in their faces.

...This is actually a pretty great post. Helps keep things in perspective that there are real people working on these things.

Yeesh, I feel bad about some of my earlier posts now. Glad I've calmed down about it: At the end of the day, it's a video game. You can be upset that the service is being offered poorly, but do try to remember the people behind the screens you're screaming at.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Damn, still having this server communication error message.

Welp. That's $25.00 for ya'll. Thanks to the Big N. More like, Down N am I right?

th.jpg

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Playing through the Persona spirits, I love how they added the Personae themselves to the battles. Johanna as an invisible Wario made me laugh out loud.

D

Deleted member

All I can say more on the matter is that Nintendo better make this up with the most mindblowing E3 ever that'll make my **** melt.

"Video Game Industry Leader", my ass.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Data download: 0%
Switch Battery: 4%
Desire to draw that Jane: 96%

Noipoi

Howdy!
...This is actually a pretty great post. Helps keep things in perspective that there are real people working on these things.

Yeesh, I feel bad about some of my earlier posts now. Glad I've calmed down about it: At the end of the day, it's a video game. You can be upset that the service is being offered poorly, but do try to remember the people behind the screens you're screaming at.
I'm mad because i'm impatient lol

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do have to say, I find it hilarious how Joker just takes up the entire victory screen for himself in teams, even if he had a teammate.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I just realized something!

Tomorrow is technically the start of Easter Break for a ton of school areas. (at least in the U.S. Maybe?)

We officially not getting Joker until next Tuesday bois!

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Screw this. Screw everything. I've already been going through hard times emotionally, and this was like the last thing that would make me happy. But NOPE. They just HAD to **** it up in the stupidest way possible that almost feels like it was directly targeted at me. I know that sounds extremely selfish, but **** it I don't care anymore. I know it's "just a game" and you could say I'm overreacting, but like I said I've been going through hard times and now I feel even worse. Never in my life have I felt ripped off like this, and this is FREE content.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, honestly, kudos to those workers who probably have to work overtime because the servers decided to hit the fritz. Hopefully they never have to do something like this ever again, and hopefully the higher ups take note.

D

Deleted member

I'm mad because i'm impatient lol
Yeah, I was mildly miffed earlier, as people could see. I used some hyperbole and Splatoon comic references because doing that makes me laugh and helps me deal with disappointment, but I probably shouldn't have posted the "shove off, Nintendo" post. Yelling at them solves nothing, and being bitter won't get me Joker any faster.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Screw this. Screw everything. I've already been going through hard times emotionally, and this was like the last thing that would make me happy. But NOPE. They just HAD to **** it up in the stupidest way possible that almost feels like it was directly targeted at me. I know that sounds extremely selfish, but **** it I don't care anymore. I know it's "just a game" and you could say I'm overreacting, but like I said I've been going through hard times and now I feel even worse. Never in my life have I felt ripped off like this, and this is FREE content.
Ummm, I do feel you, and feel sorry for you that you are going through bad times, but why make it so that a single video game makes it worse for you?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I mean, I'm an incredibly mature adult if I do say so myself.

Is it immature to expect better than mediocrity from a top gaming company that has had ample amounts of time to make sure their servers were prepared? The company in question has never had stellar online in the first place.

Shouting at their social media people isn't going to fix the problem, no. But to tell people to just deal with it? Normally I would be one of those people. But this is flat out unacceptable. As a consumer of their product, I'm incredibly underwhelmed. Sony and Microsoft, two other major gaming companies, rarely have issues like this for a game update.

Nintendo should be held accountable to have better online. That's all anybody who is "raging" wants after this, I would say.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
drake and josh.gif

ten characters

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
**** you Carl! I know it was you! It's all your ****ing fault! Ass hole Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom