• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Alright, the polls are closed. I'm not even gonna hide it or fanfare it this time because thanks to ya'll the best Metroid game is Other M, and I have no idea if that is genuine or if you just **** on the poll.
https://www.strawpoll.me/17821914/r

The next poll, the best Kirby game, is up and open. Please take this one more seriously please.
https://www.strawpoll.me/17822226

Edit: Someone else voted and now Super Metroid is on top. Thanks I guess.
*Looks at Metroid results
*Grabs gun
*Aims at face

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Star Allies gets hate?? I'm legit surprised

I know Epic Yarn got some flak for being "too kiddy" and the gameplay being different but gosh heckin darn it it's CUTE AF
...people really gave a kirby game flak for being "too kiddy"? Being kid friendly is almost what the franchise is built on.

D

Deleted member

Ya that's 'bout right ngl.

I know Epic Yarn got some flak for being "too kiddy" and the gameplay being different but gosh heckin darn it it's CUTE AF
SA gets flak for being too easy, even for Kirby standards, and the more simplistic level design that they used to accommodate the 4-player co-op. It's also accused of being too light on content by some (Arlo especially was a pretty big critic of the game for this reason).

That said, I thought SA was great, even before the updates. It was about as long and as hard as any other Kirby I've played, TBH.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
...people really gave a kirby game flak for being "too kiddy"? Being kid friendly is almost what the franchise is built on.
People saw it as a bit too kiddy even for Kirby, since it had a Nick Jr. esque narrator and all

But hey, it also gave us THIS:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Most of the complaints I see are because the game is too easy. That's kind of the whole point of Kirby, though. It's supposed to be easy. Another complaint I see often is how short the game is. The two flaws (In my opinion) with these two comments are that Kirby is basically supposed to be "My first video game Kirby edition." That's how it was designed, for newer gamers, ever since Kirby's Dream Land. And even then, Kirby Star Allies still has enjoyment for veterans (like myself) and pros. They also say that the CPUs do everything for you, and I mean, that is a valid point, honestly.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
People saw it as a bit too kiddy even for Kirby, since it had a Nick Jr. esque narrator and all

But hey, it also gave us THIS:

I can see that, I guess. I haven't actually played epic yarn so maybe I shouldn't be making judgements

D

Deleted member

I'll say that my biggest problem with Star Allies is the level design. The levels are just simple and boring to get through, none of them are really unique or stand out imo, it's just no fun. Compare that to Robobot which has many memorable levels with interesting design.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Kirby Planet Robobot or Super Star Ultra are the best ones, imo.

Also let's give some credit to Star Allies for the lore it gave us. Like, damn, the **** that game implicates in Kirby's history...
c65.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'll say that my biggest problem with Star Allies is the level design. The levels are just simple and boring to get through, none of them are really unique or stand out imo, it's just no fun. Compare that to Robobot which has many memorable levels with interesting design.
Robobot is the best Kirby game we had in a long while, it also helps that it offers unique takes on bosses and environments of the Kirby series while also adding its own.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I think nobody post this yet.
Reggie confirm his depature and his thanks
Reggie also talks about his first E3 appearance and his beginning as President of NoA.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Reminder the nominations for the Mystery Simulation are still open. 16 slots are left, 2 per person.

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma
-Juno
-Froggy
-Evoker
-Joxer The Mighty
-Old Man Jenkins

D

Deleted member

went into the woods by myself

was boutta do something REAL stupid

decided not to do said stupid thing

cried about it for two hours

then rewatched avengers 1

jesus christ that movie holds up suuuuuper well, it's still a masterpiece. the characters, setting, action sequences, everything is still incredibly good (even if the cg looks just a bit wonky at times)

highly recommend everyone rewatch it before endgame
Puyo Puyo Tetris is unironically one of the best games on the Switch.

Also bad news @faygoshill
View attachment 208689
fSzOFZM.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's a cold place, and they say it gets colder. You're bundled up now, wait till you get older. But the meteor man begs to differ, judging by the hole in the satellite picture. The ice we skate is getting pretty thin. The water's getting warm, so you might as well swim.
My world's on fire, how about yours? That's the way I like it, and I'll never get bored!

D

Deleted member

Reminder the nominations for the Mystery Simulation are still open. 16 slots are left, 2 per person.

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma
-Juno
-Froggy
-Evoker
-Joxer The Mighty
-Old Man Jenkins
Ant man and Thanos please.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma
-Juno
-Froggy
-Evoker
-Joxer The Mighty
-Old Man Jenkins
I suggest Micheal Keaton as Richard Sackler (Last Week Tonight) and a random Flamingo

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No but like seriously who is this man.

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma
-Juno
-Froggy
-Evoker
-Joxer The Mighty
-Old Man Jenkins
No idea what the mystery simulation is, but how about Wheatley and Detective Pikachu?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
went into the woods by myself

was boutta do something REAL stupid

decided not to do said stupid thing

cried about it for two hours

then rewatched avengers 1

jesus christ that movie holds up suuuuuper well, it's still a masterpiece. the characters, setting, action sequences, everything is still incredibly good (even if the cg looks just a bit wonky at times)

highly recommend everyone rewatch it before endgame

View attachment 208756
You alright Faygo?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma
-Juno
-Froggy
-Evoker
-Joxer The Mighty
-Old Man Jenkins
Me (as Rinku) and KMDP KMDP .

Ant man and Thanos please.
Watch them kill each other before the second day.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma
-Juno
-Froggy
-Evoker
-Joxer The Mighty
-Old Man Jenkins
1. What are we playing?
2. Fawful and Midbus, if you will

D

Deleted member

I think nobody post this yet.
Reggie confirm his depature and his thanks
Reggie also talks about his first E3 appearance and his beginning as President of NoA.
**** man I'm gonna miss the Regginator he was such a cool dude and his entire personality was so much fun, He was over all a great dude so I'm gonna miss him.

I know Mr. Bowser will do fine as the President but I was very fond of Reggie and I'm gonna miss the dude, Sayonara Reggie.

D

Deleted member

Already In...
-Decidueye
-Incineroar
-Peridot
-Sans
-2B
-Dante
-Min-Min
-Elma
-@Noipoi
-Scorbunny
-Sigma