• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's something a bit trickier.

You get your most wanted, no matter how much of a "never ever" they seem like, but in turn, you also get a character you absolutely hate, and you have to download them both. How'd you feel?
There's characters I'd rather not have, but there isn't a character I'd really vehemently not want in Smash, meanwhile I get to mess around with Takamaru so it's cool.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here's something a bit trickier.

You get your most wanted, no matter how much of a "never ever" they seem like, but in turn, you also get a character you absolutely hate, and you have to download them both. How'd you feel?
Nothing, I'll just don't play the character I dislike.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't go for it.

I only have one character I hate and never want, and while I'd roll my eyes and deal with their inclusion, I know that them being in would hurt one of my best friends dearly and I don't want that to happen to her. I'm low key dreading the possibility already.

Removing that factor I'd deal with it and beat up the character in training with my impossible never ever Marina Liteyears so that's fine.
I appreciate the answer. Though I gotta ask who that'd be, if you don't mind?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
phoenix-sweating(a).gif

Okay, so through this exercise, I learned y'all are some greedy mother ****ers.

...But I can't say I wouldn't take the offer myself for the sake of having Joker and Phoenix Wright in Smash.

also for those of you saying you'd yeet joker to the abyss, he would still be part of the dlc in my hypothetical, it's just that we wouldn't get the third-fifth challenger packs

osby

Smash Obsessed
also for those of you saying you'd yeet joker to the abyss, he would still be part of the dlc in my hypothetical, it's just that we wouldn't get the third-fifth challenger packs
Well, this gives me even less motivation to write off the rest of DLC lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 208720

...But I can't say I wouldn't take the offer myself for the sake of having Joker and Phoenix Wright in Smash.

Ever heard of the "**** you, got mine" mentality?

It's like that except on a far larger scale.

Hell given the option would you rather spend 5 bucks on something you'd like or spend 5 bucks on 3 random boxes you only might like?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i think it was luminary/anlucia colour schemes for male and female respectively
Specifically, here's what the yet-to-be-debunked 5ch leak said

Joker

The stage is Mementos

Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill

Marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)

P5R is 2019

P5U is delayed because Arc is busy with the development of a Granblue fighting game

Erdrick

Stage is Alefgard

Erdrick (Male) and Erdrick (Female), 2 colors each of Anlucia and the Dragon Quest XI Hero

Slime appears on screen with a skill

Achieved through active collaboration on Square’s side

To the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series

Makes it sound like 2 Merdricks, 2 Ferdricks, 2 Anlucias, and 2 Luminarys all in one slot.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I appreciate the answer. Though I gotta ask who that'd be, if you don't mind?
Okay, but only on the condition this doesn't start **** because I am so tired of it always happening.

Raiden from specifically Metal Gear Rising. I love Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4, and Raiden from 4 would be amazing in Smash, but I find the Rising design to be super ugly. I like Rising's music but Platinum tried so hard to make him dark and edgy for no reason in that game and more than anything it annoys me that to the fandom and Konami (and even in Smash's Spirits mode) it became the "default" Raiden design despite Rising being called noncanon by Kojima himself. It's just not a fun design to look at and in general I don't like the game that much outside of the music and the Excelsus cutscenes and fight.

Even bigger than that, however, is that my friend was going through a lot of bad life trauma when she played Metal Gear and Raiden as a whole really helped her understand a lot of the grief she was going through and his hopeful ending in 4 made her hopeful. Rising's edgy turn that made it seem like you can never escape your trauma or live healthily after it really hurt her, and being one of her only support pillars at the time I took the brunt of those feelings and can't help but get incredibly upset myself when I think about what Konami and the directors of that game did. And again, it's inescapable because it came out during a time where Konami needed a game to sell so they pushed it hard which is why it stuck in the cultural consciousness to the point that people who know nothing about Metal Gear think it embodies Metal Gear when it really doesn't. It directly goes against Kojima's ethos of nonviolence and the tragedy of war by glorifying it and unfortunately a great soundtrack isn't going to change that for me.

Like, it's not even a Kojima game to the point that he makes fun of it in Ground Zeroes but no one really listens to that part.

I'm not asking people to agree with me, just to understand why personally I don't want that specific Raiden iteration in, because I don't want my friend to be reminded constantly of one of the worst times of her life while trying to play something meant to evoke joy

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Specifically, here's what the yet-to-be-debunked 5ch leak said

Joker

The stage is Mementos

Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill

Marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)

P5R is 2019

P5U is delayed because Arc is busy with the development of a Granblue fighting game

Erdrick

Stage is Alefgard

Erdrick (Male) and Erdrick (Female), 2 colors each of Anlucia and the Dragon Quest XI Hero

Slime appears on screen with a skill

Achieved through active collaboration on Square’s side

To the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series

Makes it sound like 2 Merdricks, 2 Ferdricks, 2 Anlucias, and 2 Luminarys all in one slot.
i think anlucia/luminary stuff is muddled between various leaks - the only reliable thing in my mind so far is tansut's male/female erdricks, but there could be more heroes included (anlucia would be particularly weird because she's from a japan-only MMO)

Man, Isabelle is going to be only female newcomer in this game that isn't an alt, isn't she?
depends if we classify newcomers based on their primary skin's gender or not - jane being in costumes 4-7 suggests she's a new 'character' (probably to the extent of having a new codename [that isn't 'Joker'] and being different like P3P's female protagonist), so it's a question of who we're considering as the 'actual' newcomer here

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 208720

Honestly I would gamble myself the chance of having my character in smash, so I would go for the 5 reps. After all, Joker represents the fool arcana which is infinite possibilities. So it would be actually fun to see who gets in.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Today is really not my day, huh?

Think I'm going to take a shower to relax a bit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
depends if we classify newcomers based on their primary skin's gender or not - jane being in costumes 4-7 suggests she's a new 'character' (probably to the extent of having a new codename and being different like P3P's female protagonist), so it's a question of who we're considering as the 'actual' newcomer here
I was considering whether they share their slot with another character or not.

Not that it ultimately affects anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i think anlucia/luminary stuff is muddled between various leaks - the only reliable thing in my mind so far is tansut's male/female erdricks, but there could be more heroes included (anlucia would be particularly weird because she's from a japan-only MMO)

depends if we classify newcomers based on their primary skin's gender or not - jane being in costumes 4-7 suggests she's a new 'character' (probably to the extent of having a new codename and being different like P3P's female protagonist), so it's a question of who we're considering as the 'actual' newcomer here
Do we still have an explanation for why she and Ren are using the same Persona? Sakurai likes the game, he wouldn't just do it if it didn't make sense.

D

Deleted member

Anlucia could actually make sense. If you factor in Luminary, they're the two Hero class characters from ongoing DQ products. 11 is obviously the latest main entry but 10 is a constantly updating MMO, so it could be sensible to add in two heroes from the still relevant DQ games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, Isabelle is going to be only female newcomer in this game that isn't an alt, isn't she?
Part of me wants to say that Lara Croft is a sleeper pick, but that's my own bias for thinking she'd make sense as an icon. But she also lacks the fan support other characters got.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Do we still have an explanation for why she and Ren are using the same Persona? Sakurai likes the game, he wouldn't just do it if it didn't make sense.
no, which adds more fuel to the 'she's a female joker' theory

it's possible for her to have a persona with a different appearance (koopalings have an additional model change in the form of their wands instead of jr's hammer), but she's still using joker's weapons, persona skills, and animations

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I saved the Metroid poll by voting Echoes, y'all are welcome :shades:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom