• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What Chapter is when I start to really have fun with the game?
early chapter 3 is when combat gets more complex with chain attacks and **** goes down

really at this point just focus on blade combos rather then just mindlessly spamming specials

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Which Nopon has a wife and kids? It sure as hell ain't Tora.

It's the chad

H E R O P O N
virgin tora and tatsu:
  • exist for the sake of making jokes about them
  • have little to no personality aside from a single trait that enables said jokes
  • tatsu isn't even actually playable
  • have no scenes that show any sign of hidden depths within their personality
  • live alone because nobody can stand to be around them
chad heropon
  • has a wife and eleven kids
  • has more personality than just being a dumb nopon
  • shows several times that he is aware that the rest of the party sees him as comic relief and embraces the role when its needed
  • is perceptive to the emotions of his friends
  • is an actual good party member that doesn't need a robot to do the work for him
  • made it into smash bros

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
early chapter 3 is when combat gets more complex with chain attacks and **** goes down

really at this point just focus on blade combos rather then just mindlessly spamming specials
my spirit animal is the old-sounding dude who goes BLADE COMBO, FIRST STAGE

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
shulk gonna have one of the best lookin renders in the game but also looks like a barbie doll in gameplay

this is false advertising

D

Deleted member

my spirit animal is the old-sounding dude who goes BLADE COMBO, FIRST STAGE
playing bringer of chaos mode like

volcanic storm break
volcanic storm topple
volcanic storm launch

repeat ad infinitum because **** smashing when you can get that sweet sweet 999999 dot damage

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ladies, ladies...

All nopon are equally deserving of swift and painful obliteration.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes. SHE does. We got Kingdom Hearts 3. Anything is possible.

All joking aside, they've said that all there effort is going to the remake now that KH3 is done.
Which makes me wonder, how people out of squares workforce were doing any project but the remake

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My mistake. But I honestly use he to refer to both genders. Also I’m not digging through profiles for genders
That's really not the way to go about it.

If you're unsure about a person's gender, just use they

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Okay, you know what. **** it. I didn't beat FF7, it beat me. I am not dealing with this games bull and I'm gonna wait for the remake to come out with actual fun gameplay.

The lesson of the day, turn based RPGs suck ***. Should have stuck too my gut before dumping $17 on this *** of a genre.
If you’re really gonna wait for the remake, you’re gonna have a very very long wait.

Because I doubt they’re anywhere near close to finishing that game.

Also on the Nopon discussion

Riki > Tora > Tatsu

These are the facts people.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's... really dumb.
I seen it used plenty of times without complaint. They and he work the same way one could still refer to someone who looks masculine with feminine pronouns. I’ve seen this with multiple people irl.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like Tora.

No really, even I agree he isn't the greatest at time, there are moments where, when he isn't playing the "funny" Weeb card, I can really relate with the little guy and his goal to become a real driver despite the fact he never was meant to be one due to being unable to use core crystal. The fact that he and all of his family put all of their best effort to create what is ultimaly one of the most likeable character in the game speak to me that, behind the socially awkward front they have, there is truly good in all of them and especially Tora. Who end up creating one of the most powerful blade there is toward the end of the game, atleast, when it come to gameplay. (Plus, Tora love making cool **** that look just cool and unique to him, which I can relate alot)

But hey, that's just my silly opinion on a unpopular character.
D2S7oh1X4AI0plG.jpg

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know that game got remade.

Please tell me Steve got better in the remake.
It just got remastered, if you mean the "HD rerelease". All they did was add color and convert it to a 16:9 ratio for modern TVs. Nothing was altered.

Though if the recent rumors about RE getting annualized for the next few years are true, it's possible Code Veronica will get a remake proper. Capcom has told investors that remakes of their previous media will be a significant part of their strategy moving forward. So who knows. I both think the game should be remade and think it should be left alone and never mentioned again.

How can you say that when Resident Evil Survivor exists?
Okay, worst main line Resident Evil.

Controversial opinion.

Modern Wesker is the start of all things that were wrong/still are wrong with Resident Evil and should have remained dead and buried. I almost wish they'd just consider the two remakes a new remake canon and spring from there.

Because once you hit Code Veronica even the good games like 4 are just utterly goofy and stupid in story.
Honestly, that's not a controversial opinion at all. The seeming majority of Capcom-Unity agrees with you. And I don't necessarily disagree.

But (and I'm referring to a lot of your posts at once without quoting them; I read through them but I don't want to make this post WAY too long with quotes) Resident Evil evolved and survived by further embracing that camp that made the classics so charming and becoming something different. As you said, the problem with a grounded horror setting is you can only have the world end so many times, or a specific character involved so many times, before it gets too absurd to be "believable". While games like Silent Hill had trouble moving past their beginnings into the modern age, Resident Evil didn't-- they just stopped being horror. We can debate whether that's a good or bad thing, as you can either argue that evolution is good or that it's a sign that they should have ended the series awhile ago. Both are technically correct.

But, I don't believe the story is what ruined the horror experience. This is a point I've argued to death many times before, so sorry if I go overboard:

Starting with Code Veronica, the game design shifted from survival horror to "action horror", eventually just becoming action shooter with horror aesthetics. In RE1-3, the emphasis wasn't on killing enemies; it was on resource conservation, avoiding and learning the more you play to find the best route in a map that slowly opens up in branching paths and requires you to think about where you're going or pay the price. Code Veronica by its most basic design gravitates away from that in gameplay; it's much more straight forward in its path than previous REs, and at many points it's not so much a labyrinth for you to navigate and master as an area with mandatory backtracking to elongate the game. You'll get to a door without a key that you need to get past to continue the story, then run way back to the other side of the map for that single-use key, then run all the way back to use that single use key. There aren't often options so much as... stuff to do. And that's in large part due to the decision of having you switch characters multiple times mid-game and splitting up the action between two remote areas you can't go back to or from. Twice.

But in Code Veronica, they give you more health and more ammo than previous games... in order to counteract the fact that the level design got worse and they plugged more zombies into them to compensate. There's not a sense of "there's one zombie somewhere over there and I hope I don't have to fight it". There's just a line of four or five zombies in a hallway and you've got 150 bullets. There aren't any consequences for killing them really. Just kill them. This isn't even touching on the aesthetics of the game. RE1-3 (and retroactively, RE0) had a clear inspiration from gothic architecture and classic horror cinema. Areas were interesting to look at and all the spookier by embracing those horror roots. Code Veronica, for the most part, was two military bases with straight line walls and unimaginative contemporary architecture. Having a guillotine near the sleeping quarters was just... out of place. All the Ashfords' creepy art being hung on super modern clean white walls made it seem like they were just trying too hard to be "scary". None of it worked for a survival horror game; this wanted to be an action game but was confined by the now existent survival horror tropes that they felt they needed to cater to because it's a "Resident Evil" game.

There's a reason the original RE4 became Devil May Cry.

But all that aside, I wholeheartedly love the modern Resident Evils as they are. I love the unique take on third-person shooters that restricts movement to make you think before you commit, and use I-frames as an offensive approach. I love the absolute cheese oozing from cutscenes. I love the convoluted B-movie plots and how genuine and endearing the voice acting is over fan-fiction-level writing. All of this is charm combined with a familiarity; they're good games, they're simply not horror games while still pretending to be.

RE2make is something I never thought I'd see happen: a mashup of modern and classic Resident Evil that works, giving you the Metroidvania style approach to progress, the resource limitation, and the approachable third person shooter mechanic while being able to move and shoot. It's still B-movie camp, but it's a less absurd B-movie camp. Less Michael Bay. I hope they continue with what RE2make set up.

Also, Ada was already hinted at being alive in RE2. She's the one who drops a rocket launcher out of nowhere for Leon.

D

Deleted member

I seen it used plenty of times without complaint. They and he work the same way one could still refer to someone who looks masculine with feminine pronouns. I’ve seen this with multiple people irl.
That doesn't mean it's gonna work with everybody though. Just use they, it's inclusive.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
broke: referring to everyone as 'he'
woke: referring to everyone as 'they'
bespoke: referring to everyone as 'y'all'

1555266409605.png

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
They and he work the same way
They really don't, dude. One can refer to someone of any gender, the other is specifically for males.

I seen it used plenty of times without complaint. I’ve seen this with multiple people irl.
Also, there's a first time for everything, and just because you've seen other people do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

D

Deleted member

My mistake. But I honestly use he to refer to both genders. Also I’m not digging through profiles for genders
Use they, please.
Also there are more than two genders.
Also, there are people that do not have a gender.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I like Tora.

No really, even I agree he isn't the greatest at time, there are moments where, when he isn't playing the "funny" Weeb card, I can really relate with the little guy and his goal to become a real driver despite the fact he never was meant to be one due to being unable to use core crystal. The fact that he and all of his family put all of their best effort to create what is ultimaly one of the most likeable character in the game speak to me that, behind the socially awkward front they have, there is truly good in all of them and especially Tora. Who end up creating one of the most powerful blade there is toward the end of the game, atleast, when it come to gameplay. (Plus, Tora love making cool **** that look just cool and unique to him, which I can relate alot)

But hey, that's just my silly opinion on a unpopular character.
View attachment 208268
honestly tora can be an incredibly popular character if they pushed that aspect of him to the forefront and just drop the "generic anime pervert" thing entirely

because it's ****ing stupid

like it's not even a funny gag besides that one h2h where brighid punked on him

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That was totally unintentional, btw

Kinda funny how stuff like that turn out in the end.

I would've normally asked you to help out with this, but I didn't want to bother you and your mod duties.
Ha, mod duties. Don't worry about those. You can bug me anytime about anything.

I'm the lowest level mod; I basically just respond to reports for the Ultimate General Discussion forum and that's it. I stay active here in case anything happens, quickly handle reports/spam if they come and otherwise do exactly what I did before. Admins, super mods, etc., they have **** to do. I'm just here to make sure they get to do more important things.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, you probably shouldn't do that. Particularly here where we have quite a few trans users who could take issue with that. If you're not sure of someone's gender or preferred pronouns, ask or just use "they".
Or yall who can be used for whatever the **** or my personal fav, fam but you have to be fam to be called fam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom