• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My fiancé and I are at McDonald’s making fun of Tora and going “meh meh meh!” At each other
Speaking of, I just got to Tora. He's... alright so far, but I've heard horror stories. I'm prepared for the worst.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, Splatoon fans don't have to worry about what kind of content gets in their game, the same way Smash fans often feel. I'm sure many Smash fans have a preferred series, which they hope gets love and attention from the devs. Couple that with people hoping for specific characters, and older fans with unfulfilled wishes becoming tired or embittered, and Smash is just boiling over with potential conflict. It's a distinct fanbase born from a very distinct game, to be sure.
Agreed, but keep in mind that what I'm saying goes beyond what's in the games itself.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speaking of, I just got to Tora. He's... alright so far, but I've heard horror stories. I'm prepared for the worst.
It’s a little cringe at first, but everyone in the game kinda ****s on the perversion to downplay it as comedy relief
Also, I have beaten the game and spent a ridiculous amount of time just ****ing around in post game and I can say I love the little dude lol
when masterpon dies poppi will be widow
I feel some combination of sad and disgusted

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I still think this red head is only just for Persona 5 R
a little bit of skepticism is definitely always healthy; i'd be lying if i said there wasn't still a little voice in my head going "yeah but what if they just decide not to". nevertheless, at this point--given the circumstances and what we know--i think it'd have to be an insane convergence of coincidences for her not to be in:
  • we still don't have the week's notice before an update to record your replays, so joker definitely isn't releasing this coming week; instead, he's coming the week of PSL
  • in addition to the above, nintendo is rolling out a bunch of updates to their games for things like Labo VR at 12am JST on the 26th, a day after PSL finishes - everything about the timing lines up perfectly with information about who the girl is
  • it isn't ann or part of a final smash as some speculated
  • if persona 5 isn't actually on switch as schreier suggests, then the potential conflict of interests for nintendo to market a ps4-exclusive character is eliminated (and joker sure as hell isn't there solely for the benefit of PQ2)
  • people were able to call that P5R would both have a new female character and that said female character would have a ponytail from smash datamining speculation alone - two different areas that by all rights shouldn't be even remotely related, let alone have such a clear connection established and seemingly proven
  • in addition to the above, her being a skin in the files in the first place without any explanation whatsoever
i genuinely believe that if she isn't in, it'll be for development difficulties or third-party deals changing over the course of her development, not for the fact that she was never in at all or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My fiancé and I are at McDonald’s making fun of Tora and going “meh meh meh!” At each other
you know he's real serious about a marriage when he installs an accented e onto his keyboard

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, you know what. **** it. I didn't beat FF7, it beat me. I am not dealing with this games bull and I'm gonna wait for the remake to come out with actual fun gameplay.

The lesson of the day, turn based RPGs suck ass. Should have stuck too my gut before dumping $17 on this ass of a genre.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
While I disagree that Tatsu is better than Tora, here's what I do think.

Both of them suck, but Tora sucks less. The only good Nopon is Riki.

Okay, you know what. **** it. I didn't beat FF7, it beat me. I am not dealing with this games bull and I'm gonna wait for the remake to come out with actual fun gameplay.

The lesson of the day, turn based RPGs suck ***. Should have stuck too my gut before dumping $17 on this *** of a genre.
You're weak, and natural selection is coming for you.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Can we take a moment to appreciate how some users' signatures here would make no sense to people who don't frequent this thread?

Now if only Smashboards didn't hate image uploads from my computer

D

Deleted member

On the topic of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, am I doing something wrong with the gameplay? So far, I'm just practically standing in one place, pressing a button to use special commands (maybe shuffle around if I want extra damage), and running like a ***** if things go south. Is this the entire game or is there more to the package? Like I said, I got to the point where I met Tora.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I disagree that Tatsu is better than Tora, here's what I do think.

Both of them suck, but Tora sucks less. The only good Nopon is Riki.

You're weak, and natural selection is coming for you.
I just wanna swing my giant slab-sword and bash their faces in.

And I want to do it on easy mode (something this game doesn't have when it would be SOOO easy just lower the enemies stats and increase the amount you get when you win a battle)

I'm not gonna try to kill the genre, I'm saner than I was a few weeks ago. I'm just dissapointed that one of my favorite stories and worlds in gaming is locked behind such a terrible genre. Thank god for the remake's change of gameplay style.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On the topic of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, am I doing something wrong with the gameplay? So far, I'm just practically standing in one place, pressing a button to use special commands (maybe shuffle around if I want extra damage), and running like a ***** if things go south. Is this the entire game or is there more to the package? Like I said, I got to the point where I met Tora.
Nah fam you're not at the point where you do chain combos that last 4 years and do 9999999 damage.

D

Deleted member

With that said, I am surprised on how... diverse this place is considering that the Smash community has not had the best reputation when it comes to being accepting of others, which is a reason on why I like the Splatoon community more.
Well they accept people with bad BO, so.... :4pacman:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
you know he's real serious about a marriage when he installs an accented e onto his keyboard
It’s more like my phone automatically autocorrects it to that and I’m much too lazy to change it so I don’t get dabbed on so hard like this

Pokémon
Fiancé
Jalapeño

Etc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The lesson of the day, turn based RPGs suck ***. Should have stuck too my gut before dumping $17 on this *** of a genre.
-he thinks the remake will actually release

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom