• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ha, mod duties. Don't worry about those. You can bug me anytime about anything.

I'm the lowest level mod; I basically just respond to reports for the Ultimate General Discussion forum and that's it. I stay active here in case anything happens, quickly handle reports/spam if they come and otherwise do exactly what I did before. Admins, super mods, etc., they have **** to do. I'm just here to make sure they get to do more important things.
MOD HIERARCHY

MOD HIERARCHY

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which makes me wonder, how people out of squares workforce were doing any project but the remake
I mean, KH3 was in development for at least 10 years, with 5 of "active" development. I acknowledge that it's going to be a while, but It's defiantly coming. Plus, I'm not as ansty to play it as I am games like Banjo, Crash, and PSASBR.

If you’re really gonna wait for the remake, you’re gonna have a very very long wait.

Because I doubt they’re anywhere near close to finishing that game.
Eh, as long as they're working on it I'm good.

Plus, they want to do it episodic. So who knows how long it will take them to release a single part.

I imagine that, when they're ready, we'll get the first episode and the option to buy a sort of "season pass" for around $60 bucks. Or more, IDK. With the first episode done and out on that day. That's how I see it at least.

Like I've said though, I'm just glad it's going to have Kingdom Hearts-esque gameplay. Hallelujah!

Let's just hope it has an easy mode.

D

Deleted member

I'm the lowest level mod; I basically just respond to reports for the Ultimate General Discussion forum and that's it. I stay active here in case anything happens, quickly handle reports/spam if they come and otherwise do exactly what I did before. Admins, super mods, etc., they have **** to do. I'm just here to make sure they get to do more important things.

Is this image I made cursed to the point of being ban-worthy?

D

Deleted member

So you're the bottom of the pecking order?
Listen, if you really want to raise your status I have a guillotine to sell you.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If you have to use a pronoun for all genders because you’re too lazy to dig through profiles, just use e/er pronouns
having spent 5 seconds looking it up these pronouns read like you're typing with a yorkshire accent

maybe they is the easiest route

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

So moderation is a basically a Pyramid Scheme, I'm onto you guys.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
honestly tora can be an incredibly popular character if they pushed that aspect of him to the forefront and just drop the "generic anime pervert" thing entirely

because it's ****ing stupid

like it's not even a funny gag besides that one h2h where brighid punked on him
Exactly
Brighids interactions with Tora are pretty funny though
She ****ing wrecks him

Also Poppi destroys him all the time too.

But those are the only two times I appreciate the anime pervert thing. Pushing that line so hard that it became a more prominent thing than it should have been (a one off gag woulda been fine with me)... it’s a bit uncomfortable

But all the other instances when that’s not a factor, Tora imo is a great character

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
honestly tora can be an incredibly popular character if they pushed that aspect of him to the forefront and just drop the "generic anime pervert" thing entirely

because it's ****ing stupid

like it's not even a funny gag besides that one h2h where brighid punked on him
That H2H you're talking is godlike.

But yeah, I admit I prefer to see more of "Hero Tora" than "Weeb Tora". Tho I wouldn't want to remove that part of his character entirely, instead, since Tora is a shut-in for the most part before the beginning of the game, he should act weird around peoples due to not socializing much, but as the game progress and he encounter more peoples and get closer to the other party member & Poppi, Tora become a much better person in general. Like, he isn't suddenly cured from his weebness and weird tendency completely (after all Nopon are weird in general, so Tora shouldn't suddenly become the exception) but he be still alot more mature than at the start of the game, which would do wonder for his character. In the actual game, they did a bit of this, but not enough to counter all the time Tora was annoying, which cause peoples to remember more Tora in a bad light than a good one, which is a shame imo.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
probably a habit you should break
It's... hard, for some of us. I had grammar drilled into my head for years both in writing and grading, and using "they" to describe one person is incorrect.

I know language adapts and as people feel more comfortable in being gender fluid the use of "they" is becoming the norm, but it's so jarring to me to say it, let alone write it. I have been working for the past couple years to not say "he" or "she" around my nonbinary friends. It's just... how I talk.

If someone wants to be called they and tells me outright, I will absolutely honor that request and call them "they". But until I'm told that, I default to he or she. Or I just refer to him or her by name if I'm unsure.

D

Deleted member

Damn, I have been playing World Of Light during the whole evening.

I unlocked every third party fighter in that mode while also completing the Castlevania, Street Fighter and Zelda maps as a whole.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's... hard, for some of us. I had grammar drilled into my head for years both in writing and grading, and using "they" to describe one person is incorrect.

I know language adapts and as people feel more comfortable in being gender fluid the use of "they" is becoming the norm, but it's so jarring to me to say it, let alone write it. I have been working for the past couple years to not say "he" or "she" around my nonbinary friends. It's just... how I talk.

If someone wants to be called they and tells me outright, I will absolutely honor that request and call them "they". But until I'm told that, I default to he or she. Or I just refer to him or her by name if I'm unsure.
See, but what you're saying is different. You're saying that you'd use people's names if you're unsure, which is fine. The other guy's sayin' "i default to 'he' for everyone, no matter what", which is bad.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My mistake. But I honestly use he to refer to both genders. Also I’m not digging through profiles for genders
I can see why it’d be easy to fall back on that online but it doesn’t take too much effort and o correct yourself when people point this kinda thing up
It’s okay to mess up as long as you try to correct
Even I do it sometimes

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
See, but what you're saying is different. You're saying that you'd use people's names if you're unsure, which is fine. The other guy's sayin' "i default to 'he' for everyone, no matter what", which is bad.
There's a distinction, yes. I'm not necessarily defending anyone; I just understand when using "they" isn't someone's default. It certainly isn't mine.

There's a difference between not being aware and not caring, though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
do y'all think it's at least possible we'll get a direct this week tho? not guaranteed, but possible?

D

Deleted member

Oh, I forgot to mention that Nintendo gave me Joker earlier than expected. I even took a screenshot of him in-game:

2C919AA9-FCE9-4B94-BFEC-2BD407770F9C.jpeg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
do y'all think it's at least possible we'll get a direct this week tho? not guaranteed, but possible?
Anything's possible. I'll never outright deny the possibility of a Direct.

However, personally, I doubt it.

D

Deleted member

Something is coming for sure this month, since Joker is confirmed to release before it ends.

Now, I don’t want to put my bet on this... But this week is considered as huge holidays in some places like the country I live in (Spain). Maybe the Direct could happen this week because of the holidays? Honestly, I don’t know if I should count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom