• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For all intents and purposes, this movie should not have existed, but here it is.
For all intents and purposes, you should not have existed, but here you are.
@Shishœ
I am a true Hoodwinker now.
View attachment 208251
REPOST!
Please don't actually repost it I'm not trying to incentivate spamming the thread
That movie was surprisingly good, from what I remember.

The sequel is pretty much pure trash, though
This guy knows what's up.
Hoodwinked is the perfection of the Rashomon-style stories and proof the ancient art of mixing mystery and comedy into a perfect movie for the whole family has not been lost to the ages.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You don't visit character support threads often, do you?
"And that's the roster!"

"Wait, that's it? Does Sakurai just hate all of us? He just gave us all the middle finger and kill our parents and banged our sisters! That's it, I'm done, I'm gonna buy the game anyway, but if Sakurai doesn't step down right now, I will blow up Sakurai's Twitter Feed telling him how much we hate him! I'm done, this is my last Smash game, I had it, that's the last straw!"

r/Splatoon is legit though. r/SmashBros isn't.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm gonna laugh in sadness if "Jane" isn't really in Smash and the Ponytail was something else entirely...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
They did.
I am hoping that the Jane leak is true.
i mean it's 'true', it's just a question of whether it actually comes to fruition

i'd assume being part of a third party deal sets her inclusion in stone, but if everything included in the files had to be in then we'd have a rhythm heaven character in 4

D

Deleted member

Hoodwinked is the perfection of the Rashomon-style stories and proof the ancient art of mixing mystery and comedy into a perfect movie for the whole family has not been lost to the ages.
I remember barely seeing the movie in CN, and I do not know how I feel about it.
You must love that movie.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i mean it's 'true', it's just a question of whether it actually comes to fruition

i'd assume being part of a third party deal sets her inclusion in stone, but if everything included in the files had to be in then we'd have a rhythm heaven character in 4
It stills hurts, man :(

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
With that said, I am surprised on how... diverse this place is considering that the Smash community has not had the best reputation when it comes to being accepting of others, which is a reason on why I like the Splatoon community more.

D

Deleted member

You don't visit character support threads often, do you?
Oh no, I'm aware of those. I was on the K. Rool one back in the day, and I was around for the Rayman leak.

As far as I'm concerned, that part of the site exists in its own special, toxic, hate filled corner, lol. The social threads are mostly what I'm talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
With that said, I am surprised on how... diverse this place is considering that the Smash community has not had the best reputation when it comes to being accepting of others, which is a reason on why I like the Splatoon community more.
Well this thread isn't exactly the competitive scene to be fair. It's a secluded part of the forum that isn't the main page for Smash anymore (see reddit)

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's likely because of site regulations. I can't imagine investing time in a forum where people can freely be discriminatory with no consequences.

D

Deleted member

How do we have a thread with 37 online users but no messages for 14 minutes?
You guys are lucky. Back in my old forum, we would be lucky to get messages every 30 minutes. If a thread was really active, it typically got shut down at the soonest instance of drama.

D

Deleted member

TBH I kind of wish the Jane datamine and Best Buy Direct never happened: My expectations for P5 on Switch were a lot more in check before those two things, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well this thread isn't exactly the competitive scene to be fair. It's a secluded part of the forum that isn't the main page for Smash anymore (see reddit)
It's likely because of site regulations. I can't imagine investing time in a forum where people can freely be discriminatory with no consequences.
That's true, considering that r/SmashBros is what I was thinking about in particular with being non-accepting of certain people, but that issue does seem to prevail over the community. I guess what I was thinking was that I'm surprised on how it didn't bother some users when signing up for site that has a heavy competitive focus for a game whose competitive community has a lot of creeps and not very accepting people. Idk, maybe I'm awful at wording this.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
That's true, considering that r/SmashBros is what I was thinking about in particular with being non-accepting of certain people, but that issue does seem to prevail over the community. I guess what I was thinking was that I'm surprised on how it didn't bother some users when signing up for site that has a heavy competitive focus for a game whose competitive community has a lot of creeps and not very accepting people. Idk, maybe I'm awful at wording this.
It helps that, in this thread at least, pretty much all the active users who frequent it are pretty open-minded about the stuff in Smash. That lends itself to an atmosphere better suited to friendly discussion. It's certainly made me more accepting of a lot of things that, before, I would not have liked.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It helps that, in this thread at least, pretty much all the active users who frequent it are pretty open-minded about the stuff in Smash. That lends itself to an atmosphere better suited to friendly discussion. It's certainly made me more accepting of a lot of things that, before, I would not have liked.
Yeah, that makes sense. I do admit it's odd seeing the difference in acceptance that the Splatoon community has and the Smash community has, but that's probably because Splatoon is a younger community.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Yusuke here reminds me of Oboro and I don’t know how to feel about this...

I know married couples start looking like each other but I didn’t think Matt and Marisha would start this soon.
Well he's well on his way what with wearing no sleeves

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Yeah, that makes sense. I do admit it's odd seeing the difference in acceptance that the Splatoon community has and the Smash community has, but that's probably because Splatoon is a younger community.
To be fair, Splatoon fans don't have to worry about what kind of content gets in their game, the same way Smash fans often feel. I'm sure many Smash fans have a preferred series, which they hope gets love and attention from the devs. Couple that with people hoping for specific characters, and older fans with unfulfilled wishes becoming tired or embittered, and Smash is just boiling over with potential conflict. It's a distinct fanbase born from a very distinct game, to be sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You also have to remember that the Smash community is also comprised of a lot of Nintendo fanbases, and some of them are quite volatile (i.e. Metroid, poor Federation Force) and some that take representation of their series way too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom