• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I suppose the hottest take at the moment would be thinking TLJ is the best Star Wars film and having excellent themes and characterisation throughout, the only issue being with pace in regards to Canto Bight.
Huh, I wonder who that's for.
I respect your opinion Shishoe. I definitely don't agree w/ it, but I can respect it.

They should've though of an approach prior to making TFA. It only took them 3 years and billions of dollars to realize this.
Thank you for making me stronger

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
They should've though of an approach prior to making TFA. It only took them 3 years and billions of dollars to release this.
they assumed the brand and the goodwill of not being lucas would carry them far

honestly it's kind of amazing how quickly all that shattered after TLJ - solo just got absolutely demolished at the box office, in large part because of TLJ's reception

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Also, I don't have any big red lines about Star Wars and not to sound dramatic but if Rey and Kylo Ren ends up together, I'll walk out of the theater screaming.
Oh... you know they're gonna try something like that.

Or one of them will confess their love right before they die (probably Kylo b/c I doubt they have the guts to kill off Rey).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
, in large part because of TLJ's reception
TLJ's reception outside of the internet wasn't bad at all though.
Solo's problem was a lack of marketing and coming in a super busy time period, a month after Infinity War, a week after Deadpool 2 and a few weeks before Incredibles 2. Not being in the usual slot for a Star Wars film really hurt it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Honestly, I would ignore you purely because you got rid of your defense attorney Maya avatar. Which is a sin.
Maya's great, but I just reeeeaaaallllly love this Ronin/Ninja art so I wanna show them some love for a bit.

Plus they match my text colour better. Gotta get that coordination, yo. :p

D

Deleted member

*Ren and Rey get beaten by Palpatine*
Dio: ZA WARUDO
*Dio becomes Jedi Master after the death of Palpatine*
I can't tell you the amount of times I'd watch this version of the movie.

Full redemption attained if they were to do this.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
like, i know i can only speak anecdotally here, but i honest to god don't know a single person who thought TLJ was any better than 'ok i guess'

you can chalk some of that up to the internet's influence, but i didn't like the movie after coming out from the cinema and i didn't like it any more when i watched it again

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maya's great, but I just reeeeaaaallllly love this Ronin/Ninja art so I wanna show them some love for a bit.

I think I finally found a good merger of red and sky blue.

But the whole "Smashboards is allergic to images" thing means another day of Azura rocking Ray-Bans.

D

Deleted member

Same exact thing with Steve compared to the outside and in websites like these.
Steve may not score that high in ballots and stuff, but Minecraft is quite popular around the world.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Aesthetics are important, I'll give you that.

Still a sin, though. One day I'll steal that Maya avatar from you.

and then i won't use it because using an avatar someone else has used before feels weird to me

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've got vanilla chocolate chip ice-cream in the freezer and it's calling to me but I promised i'd save it for a Direct.

#FirstWorldProblems.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, I don't have any big red lines about Star Wars and not to sound dramatic but if Rey and Kylo Ren ends up together, I'll walk out of the theater screaming.
ok i'm gonna sound mean here but hear me out

reylo is the stupidest ****ing bull****ty bull**** ****bag of a ship ever and if it's canon i'ma cut a ************

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I didn't discover Hellsing or Jojo until teamfourstar and I loved that clip of him going 'And before you ask, YES! This IS a Jojo reference!!' with so much enthusiasm lol.
What can I say more than, Jojo + Hellsing + TeamFourStar = Total win!

Roberk

Smash Champion
Broke: Disney trying to make new plot threads like throwing spaghetti at the wall until it sticks.

Woke: Disney making an actual fan-requested film like a Kenobi film.

Bespoke: Adapting The Old Republic

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Broke: Disney trying to make new plot threads like throwing spaghetti at the wall until it sticks.

iirc the big rumour at the minute is that the benioff/weiss trilogy being written right now is set in the old republic

D

Deleted member

The direct will be the day after the Ice Cream expires
If that's the case, then we all need to encourage Noipoi to eat the ice cream ASAP.

What can I say more than, Jojo + Hellsing + TeamFourStar = Total win!
I'm actually really enjoying Hellsing right now. As for Jojo; it's a bit indescribable in how over the top it is. Over the top in a good way, that is.

EDIT: Crap! Everybody's been posting so fast, I didn't think I'd manage to double post!

Sorry about that

D

Deleted member

Someone hurry and fix the website already, my reaction images are collecting dust.
wait a minute...
Cute that anyone would think otherwise. You guys don’t see how much everyone pisses off everyone else. In a week, there’d be hundreds of reports once people saw anything went. Without any oversight, this place would be intolerable. And images would stop working, which is always annoying.
And images would stop working, which is always annoying.
we have been forsaken

D

Deleted member

Before I call you a man of culture: game Old Republic or comic Old Republic?
iirc the big rumour at the minute is that the benioff/weiss trilogy being written right now is set in the old republic
Hey guys I think I'm gonna nut

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've got vanilla chocolate chip ice-cream in the freezer and it's calling to me but I promised i'd save it for a Direct.

#FirstWorldProblems.
Ice Cream: *sings "Calling to the Night" but replaces "Night" with "Noi"*

D

Deleted member

As of later today, my house will now be the home of not two, but four cats now.

Heck yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom