• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just now noticed the Ultimate Pre Release sub forum was nuked. Maybe for the best as that was a breeding ground for Keto spam bots after release

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If we want something Smash to talk about, who is your most-wanted obscure first party newcomer and why?

Yes this is my excuse to talk about how much I want a Style Savvy Stylist in Smash because she'd be funny
There's a load of random Pokemon I'd like to see playable although Pokemon in itself is hardly obscure

D

Deleted member

:ultpiranha: stole the slots of 69 different characters, killed my crops, poisoned my water, personally came to my house and slept with my husband.

why aren't images working yet

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If we want something Smash to talk about, who is your most-wanted obscure first party newcomer and why?

Yes this is my excuse to talk about how much I want a Style Savvy Stylist in Smash because she'd be funny
Kumatora from Mother 3.

She was one of the best characters in that game and has a rad design.

D

Deleted member

jesus christ i'm too thirsty over fictional characters from video games i have never played

with that said if anyone ever hurts marth i will find you and i will
We are talking about the character that wasn't my most wanted, I wouldn't put anything past it.
bro you didn't finish the spongebob reference

i am so ashamed of the smash community rn. we really don't care about the wellbeing of others. we need to

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
alternatively, the smash community if sakurai does put steve in
The Smash community is extra hilarious because they've literally created a cosmic horror in the rough silhouette of Steve to pass around just to be more terrified of him getting in.

Like HELL I'm a Sonic fan and even Sonic Dreams Collection in all it's unholy glory only verges on hitting the sheer deliberate hideousness of that thing's existence

osby

Smash Obsessed
bro you didn't finish the spongebob reference

i am so ashamed of the smash community rn. we really don't care about the wellbeing of others. we need to
You'll find out that most cartoon references goes over my head, I watched most of them dubbed, #secondworldproblems

D

Deleted member

The Smash community is extra hilarious because they've literally created a cosmic horror in the rough silhouette of Steve to pass around just to be more terrified of him getting in.

Like HELL I'm a Sonic fan and even Sonic Dreams Collection in all it's unholy glory only verges on hitting the sheer deliberate hideousness of that thing's existence
how dare you call god hideous

you're lucky images are broken

D

Deleted member

:ultpiranha: stole the slots of 69 different characters, killed my crops, poisoned my water, personally came to my house and slept with my husband.
You forgot the worst crime made by :ultpiranha:...

They were the ones who actually killed Optimus Prime.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

For me, I'm not sure if it's Mike Jones from Star Tropics, Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, or Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness.

I think Mike Jones would be the most obscure since he hasn't appeared in Smash in any form, even as a spirit. I understand that there's a reason for that (the Star Tropics games never came out in Japan, so as far as the development team is concerned, they don't exist), but Sukapon had an assist trophy, and even Alex Roivas has a spirit.

D

Deleted member

Oh man you have no idea how happy me and my roommate were when she was revealed to be in Lucas's final smash. He actually cried.
Seeing Kumatora and Boney in HD made me so, so happy. It's nice to see even something as niche as Mother 3 get some love every now and again.

I'm so glad Kumatora is in Lucas' Final Smash. Would've loved to also see Duster show up as an AT like Jeff...
I was really surprised Duster didn't show up as an AT. Seemed to make a lot of sense, given he isn't involved with Lucas' FS.

Duster for DLC

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of tier lists

How accurate does this look?
Wario's bath is filled with gold and treasures.
Ridley bathes in the blood of his enemies
Ryu doesn't know what a shower or a bath is, he just stands under a waterfall.

KMDP

Smash Legend
- KMDP KMDP , did the Hunger Games you proposed finished while I was taking the break? Or are you starting them later? I still want to participate.
I still don't know if I'm going to go through with the Hunger Games I proposed. That's why I didn't make any promises.

Long story short, you haven't missed it.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Seeing Kumatora and Boney in HD made me so, so happy. It's nice to see even something as niche as Mother 3 get some love every now and again.
Completely agree with this sentiment. Ever since Lucas got all those nice alt costumes in Smash 4, I've been so happy that Mother 3 has been getting more representation. I mean Lucas has a shirt with a Baby Drago on it in Smash, a character who isn't really iconic or vital to the story, so it's nice to see so much representation!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Sakurai really shafted the duck hunt franchise by making the duck and the dog two different characters

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wario's bath is filled with gold and treasures.
Ridley bathes in the blood of his enemies
Ryu doesn't know what a shower or a bath is, he just stands under a waterfall.
I can see Ryu standing under a waterfall because martial arts drifter, but anyone under the cross-section of "modern day setting" and "not either daft or a literal child" knows what a shower is.

Admittedly I didn't bother reading up as much on characters by the time Ryu was added as DLC so I've got a backlog of research to do, but he's not DUMB, right?

Like you're probably being metaphorical here but my brain just 404's because anything that doesn't make immediate logic sense sends me into lore mode

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everybody talks about how Kirby went on a rampage because somebody stole his cake, but nobody mentions how it turns out to just be a random waddle dee and not any of the people Kirby suspects
This is why Bandana Dee isn't playable in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom