• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A bad recovery isn't going to make him complete trash if he has a good neutral, just look at Cloud.
tbh wolf would be a be a better example of "godlike neutral but meh recovery" character

cloud is good but he gets consistently beat out the moment a character invades his space
i read "can't think straight" and subconsciously typed a response
dost though ****post tendencies taken over thy mind

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bruh these stats aren't final remember when Plant had the worst run speed in the game?

Besides Joker is definitely a jumper, he can leap up and off buildings easy. In fact, one of his signature attacks is leaping on a dude Diddy style and ripping off their mask.

D

Deleted member

not to be controversial or anything but
1555023322836.png

D

Deleted member

Bruh these stats aren't final remember when Plant had the worst run speed in the game?

Besides Joker is definitely a jumper, he can leap up and off buildings easy. In fact, one of his signature attacks is leaping on a dude Diddy style and ripping off their mask.
I am really excited to play Joker.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

That move will be one of his specials.

If you use it on Meta Knight, you instantly win.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I think cloud is overrated so that's a yikes

and yeah I know that but as the meta progresses, characters with bad recovery get worse over time. Once people edgegaurd more it's over for chrom
I don't see Cloud dropping out of tier lists unless he gets nerfed for no reason. He still has a great neutral with a good approach kit. Regardless of whether you think he's overrated or not, he still carries some punch with his disjoints and limit breaks.

While this is true, his **** recovery is still holding him back a lot.
It does, but it's not a complete deal breaker as some might picture it to be. It's manageable if you know how to recover low, which shouldn't be that hard now as more people have gotten accustomed to the engine.

D

Deleted member

Joker is merely a sacrifice for the one true god tier

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't see Cloud dropping out of tier lists unless he gets nerfed for no reason. He still has a great neutral with a good approach kit. Regardless of whether you think he's overrated or not, he still carries some punch with his disjoints and limit breaks.

It does, but it's not a complete deal breaker as some might picture it to be. It's manageable if you know how to recover low, which shouldn't be that hard now as more people have gotten accustomed to the engine.
Also true. Besides, we was considered 2nd best in Smash 4 despite the Mac-tier recovery, so y'know, recovery isn't everything.

And honestly, compared to other Smash 4 top tiers, Cloud got it really easy. Only him and ZSS were relatively spared from the nerf hammer.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of FighterZ, how about that last DLC spot.

Pan? Roshi? Janemba? Bojack? Raditz? Zarbon? Dr. Gero? Android 19? Tapion? Pikkon? Who y'all want.
Give me Roshi please as that's the only way I would pick the game up again, I've been waiting for the boy since the day the game released. My boy Roshi would fit perfectly for a Dragon Ball Rep as that's when he was the most important and we don't have an OG DB Rep yet so he'd be the best pick for it.

Unless we get another Goku which wouldn't be very cool as we just got GT Goku so put my boy in there he deserves it and even now in Super he held his own in the ToP which they could pull some of his moves from like his "Final Kamehameha" as a Level 3 for that matter he could be a unique Trapper/Bait and Switch Character with him using the Mafuba and all.

Put my boy in there, He deserves it.
Roshi.jpg

D

Deleted member

I got cast to voice act for this pretty popular YouTuber and it’s taking 5,000 years for him to get back to me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Actually Goku Black is more like Ginyu, Baby is outright possession.

It's more like a fusion, so he'd still be a half since I counted Vegito and Gogeta as halves.

They really took Vegeta saying Goku is better to mean that Vegeta just kind of... gave up training.

Which is totally out of character.
I don't think that's the case. He's still shown to have his training equipment, and he has that conversation with Trunks and Goten about how they've skimped on their training in these times of peace, implying that he, himself, hasn't.

I think they ran with the idea that Vegeta, while still motivated to train, had truly recognized that Goku had something he didn't. We have to remember too that in the context of GT, set fifteen years after the end of Z, Vegeta hasn't seen Goku in five years, nor has he had literally anyone at his level to fight against or threats to thwart. He's become a family man, apparently making his own money as he says Bra is spending all his money, which means he's no longer a freeloader training all day every day. They took that moment where he sacrificed himself against Buu, and then the following moment of internal recognition of Goku's superiority, and made it a turning point for the character into his true maturity. People change as they get older, and unlike Super's Vegeta, GT's Vegeta had fifteen years of peace in which to think about these things and change his ways.

Where Super alters this is by introducing a new way to level the playing field for Vegeta-- the SSG transformation that's given just by having five saiyan friends-- and reverting him back to how he was prior to those revelations at the end of the Buu saga. He and Goku are even again, they have divine ki now, and he gets to skip SS3 and challenge Goku anew, reigniting that spark. Since this all happens within, what, a year or two of Buu's defeat and before Bulla is even born, it's believable. But I'd argue that so is GT's characterization. People change. They realize things about themselves. And in both Super and GT, Vegeta turned from a manchild obsessed with being the prince of an extinct species to a father and husband responsible for his family-- they just went about it two different ways across two believable paths.

EDIT: A further note that I need to praise GT for: The implication that Vegeta can't reach greater heights by training alone.

Aside from his powerup to SS1 offscreen, born of obsession with Goku achieving it, powerups happen either through training with others or story-explained reasons or needs produced by a more powerful threat. In the context of GT, Vegeta had none of those for at minimum five years. If we were playing by Super's rules, he could just "train" offscreen and become a god or whatever. But by stricter DBZ rules, Vegeta had no catalyst to cause a change, no "need instead of a desire". Like the humans who reached their peak, Vegeta had reached his. And nothing was around to propel him past it after Buu was vanquished. We have to remember that Goku willingly said bye to his seemingly only equal to go train alone with the reincarnation of Buu. Ten years after Buu had died. It's possible that both Goku and Vegeta were simply running idle, unable to get any stronger with each other until Baby came and forced both of them to. One through desperation and one through artificial powerups.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Give me Roshi please as that's the only way I would pick the game up again, I've been waiting for the boy since the day the game released. My boy Roshi would fit perfectly for a Dragon Ball Rep as that's when he was the most important and we don't have an OG DB Rep yet so he'd be the best pick for it.

Unless we get another Goku which wouldn't be very cool as we just got GT Goku so put my boy in there he deserves it and even now in Super he held his own in the ToP which they could pull some of his moves from like his "Final Kamehameha" as a Level 3 for that matter he could be a unique Trapper/Bait and Switch Character with him using the Mafuba and all.

Put my boy in there, He deserves it.
Roshi is probably my next pick down now that kid Goku is in (not in the way that anyone wanted but it's better than nothing). Just any sort of acknowledgement of anything before DBZ would be nice.

D

Deleted member

final average of 2.0.2 pro tier lists btw, taken from reddit

pichu sits atop his throne of skulls with peach and daisy either side of him
Hold the **** up. Am I seein' my boy K. Rool in F tier or is my red eye messing with me?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Listen okay I started drawing Jane and Jimmy Neutron put together and ended up drawing someone entirely different in a Jimmy cosplay and I’m confused as to how I got here but **** it

I’m sorry in advance

Cursed image:
image.jpg

Jokes aside though I ended up losing to my internal dialogue about how bad I am at everything so I’ll be taking a break for a bit.

D

Deleted member

I try to join an arena for once and my lofe and it’s full. RIP

When a spot is open, can someone ping me?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hold the **** up. Am I seein' my boy K. Rool in F tier or is my red eye messing with me?

Well, yeah.
K. Rool is trash, he gets completely blown away by any character that can outrun him and pressure him. He's slow and complete combo food to any character that is faster than him.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Listen okay I started drawing Jane and Jimmy Neutron put together and ended up drawing someone entirely different in a Jimmy cosplay and I’m confused as to how I got here but **** it

I’m sorry in advance

Cursed image:
View attachment 207293
Jokes aside though I ended up losing to my internal dialogue about how bad I am at everything so I’ll be taking a break for a bit.
is this the face of god itself?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Why the **** is checking the rules of the goddamn arena an action that takes you out of the waiting queue?

That's so ****ing stupid!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m sorry in advance

Cursed image:
View attachment 207293
I love this thread.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I’m sorry in advance

Cursed image:
View attachment 207293

Im mentally and spiritually traumatized by this.

Please continue; it is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom