• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, I already got the flack for mistaking the character by many other people already anyway.

At least you accepted my apologies, which is fair enough.

Anyway, I also came here to share that I won't be online during the rest of the week, since I have to give more focus to high school these days and I can't be in Smashboards right now in a way that works for me.

I'll come back the next week doh, since I have it free. But then I'll only be here on weekends at most until I finish all the work around the end of june or beginnings of July.
We'll be here, bud.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’all I know this is off topic, but I gotta go off. I gotta tell you about Koalas.

Koalas are stupid. So incredibly stupid that stupidity is in their DNA. You know how Koalas like eucalyptus leaves? Eucalyptus leaves are highly poisonous, hold little to no nutritional value, and are sedatives. Koalas sleep for 20 hours a day because they’re sedated and they have no energy, the eucalyptus leaves do basically nothing. Koalas die from starvation because the eucalyptus leaves are too course for their teeth, it grinds them down until they’re unusable. Koala teeth were made to eat meat, but they won’t eat anything except for eucalyptus leaves. And dirt. They eat dirt to get calcium, because eucalyptus leaves don’t have any. If you put some eucalyptus leaves in front of a Koala they wouldn’t even eat it, it has to be on a stick or they won’t register it as food. Eucalyptus leaves were evolutionarily designed to be inedible, and they are. But Koalas insist on eating them for some damn reason even though it does more harm then good and if they started eating bugs or something they’d prosper as a species.
So yeah this was Noipoi’s Animal corner.

Tune in next week.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of One Piece, I finally got around to doing a general ranking of the arcs. I'm in early Whole Cake Island right now, so it and any arcs after it are excluded.

Water 7/Enies Lobby = Dressrosa > Alabasta > Impel Down > Marineford > Zou > Arlong Park > Punk Hazard > Thriller Bark > Skypeia > Fishman Island
This reminds me I need to re-read the Manga to sort out my rankings all I know in terms of favorites is that Impel Down is amazing and I really enjoyed Thriller Bark more than most people.

D

Deleted member

So yeah this was Noipoi’s Animal corner.

Tune in next week.
What animal is next?
Also, did you know that the female spider will always eat the male spider for her babies to survive? Same with the praying mantis.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fast food workers' daily shift in a nutshell:
What do you mean fast food, I'm not in that but I still have ****ing morons like this. "Hello I'm looking for some yogurt can you help me?" Sure, which one are you looking for? "That yummy one!" What flavour is it? "I don't know" What brand is it? "I don't know" What does the packaging look like? "I don't know" Then I can't help you I'm afraid "What? That's absurd!"

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
On the topic of One Piece, I finally got around to doing a general ranking of the arcs. I'm in early Whole Cake Island right now, so it and any arcs after it are excluded.

Water 7/Enies Lobby = Dressrosa > Alabasta > Impel Down > Marineford > Zou > Arlong Park > Punk Hazard > Thriller Bark > Skypeia > Fishman Island
Skypeia and Enies Lobby are my favorite arcs.

Shroob

Sup?
Koalas are so ****ing stupid eating stuff that literally kills them lmao
*Proceeds to drink coke*

If it's about Sister Krone then yeah, how she's depicted is certainly problematic but one shouldn't dismiss the whole thing simply for that. I've talked about her a bit here and there's a video discussing those exact issues(which I won't link because TPN is one of those manga where knowing little as possible is recommended).
Of course, if someone isn't comfortable watching or reading it because of her then that's also perfectly understandable as well.

Bobo's Crazy Fire Bonanza
I mean, I'm not what you'd consider super-duper crazy PC-inclined and would look at the design and think "Wow that that's pretty bad Japan lol"

But it's straight up a "You read this, we kick you" kinda deal so :drshrug:

My circle of friends are crazy-liberal inclined.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This post scares me.

Fairy Tail over One Piece? I don't agree with that.

Also

ULTRA ASCENDED GOD: JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
View attachment 205920
You have better opinions than this.
Only one of these is actually good smh
View attachment 205918
SAO is neither a shonen nor a manga dude
:073:This post scares me
You guys.

T'was a joke.

Out of those I only really enjoy My Hero Academia. I keep up with Fairy Tail, but really only because I've poured so much time into it, and it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Y’all I know this is off topic, but I gotta go off. I gotta tell you about Koalas.

Koalas are stupid. So incredibly stupid that stupidity is in their DNA. You know how Koalas like eucalyptus leaves? Eucalyptus leaves are highly poisonous, hold little to no nutritional value, and are sedatives. Koalas sleep for 20 hours a day because they’re sedated and they have no energy, the eucalyptus leaves do basically nothing. Koalas die from starvation because the eucalyptus leaves are too course for their teeth, it grinds them down until they’re unusable. Koala teeth were made to eat meat, but they won’t eat anything except for eucalyptus leaves. And dirt. They eat dirt to get calcium, because eucalyptus leaves don’t have any. If you put some eucalyptus leaves in front of a Koala they wouldn’t even eat it, it has to be on a stick or they won’t register it as food. Eucalyptus leaves were evolutionarily designed to be inedible, and they are. But Koalas insist on eating them for some damn reason even though it does more harm then good and if they started eating bugs or something they’d prosper as a species.
Koalas are ****ing horrible animals. They have one of the smallest brain to body ratios of any mammal, additionally - their brains are smooth. A brain is folded to increase the surface area for neurons. If you present a koala with leaves plucked from a branch, laid on a flat surface, the koala will not recognise it as food. They are too thick to adapt their feeding behaviour to cope with change. In a room full of potential food, they can literally starve to death. This is not the token of an animal that is winning at life. Speaking of stupidity and food, one of the likely reasons for their primitive brains is the fact that additionally to being poisonous, eucalyptus leaves (the only thing they eat) have almost no nutritional value. They can't afford the extra energy to think, they sleep more than 80% of their ****ing lives. When they are awake all they do is eat, **** and occasionally scream like ****ing satan. Because eucalyptus leaves hold such little nutritional value, koalas have to ferment the leaves in their guts for days on end. Unlike their brains, they have the largest hind gut to body ratio of any mammal. Many herbivorous mammals have adaptations to cope with harsh plant life taking its toll on their teeth, rodents for instance have teeth that never stop growing, some animals only have teeth on their lower jaw, grinding plant matter on bony plates in the tops of their mouths, others have enlarged molars that distribute the wear and break down plant matter more efficiently... Koalas are no exception, when their teeth erode down to nothing, they resolve the situation by starving to death, because they're ****ing terrible animals. Being mammals, koalas raise their joeys on milk (admittedly, one of the lowest milk yields to body ratio... There's a trend here). When the young joey needs to transition from rich, nourishing substances like milk, to eucalyptus (a plant that seems to be making it abundantly clear that it doesn't want to be eaten), it finds it does not have the necessary gut flora to digest the leaves. To remedy this, the young joey begins nuzzling its mother's anus until she leaks a little diarrhoea (actually fecal pap, slightly less digested), which he then proceeds to slurp on. This partially digested plant matter gives him just what he needs to start developing his digestive system. Of course, he may not even have needed to bother nuzzling his mother. She may have been suffering from incontinence. Why? Because koalas are riddled with chlamydia. In some areas the infection rate is 80% or higher. This statistic isn't helped by the fact that one of the few other activities koalas will spend their precious energy on is ****. Despite being seasonal breeders, males seem to either not know or care, and will simply overpower a female regardless of whether she is ovulating. If she fights back, he may drag them both out of the tree, which brings us full circle back to the brain: Koalas have a higher than average quantity of cerebrospinal fluid in their brains. This is to protect their brains from injury... should they fall from a tree. An animal so thick it has its own little built in special ed helmet. I ****ing hate them.
So wait, how has the species not gone extinct after all this?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Could always get the 3 stars in a circle of the RPD.
View attachment 205922
My thought process has been, "Do I already own this on multiple pieces of clothing?" Because I don't want to be redundant. I have a coat with the BSAA logo I wear all winter and a shirt, jacket and hat with the STARS badge. I feel like putting it permanently on my body when I already wear it where the public can see it serves no purpose.

The only videogame-related thing I've felt super strongly about is putting the the Kirkwall crest and the bastardized Kirkwall crest on opposite sides of my body.

They represent not only my favorite videogame that helped me on my path to beat depression, but the dichotomy of a visage of order and prosperity versus a rebellious symbol of its hidden darker side and the people left behind for the rich to stay rich.

Plus they look ****ing cool.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What do you mean fast food, I'm not in that but I still have ****ing morons like this. "Hello I'm looking for some yogurt can you help me?" Sure, which one are you looking for? "That yummy one!" What flavour is it? "I don't know" What brand is it? "I don't know" What does the packaging look like? "I don't know" Then I can't help you I'm afraid "What? That's absurd!"
I had a customer ask me where the zucchini was and I pointed him to directly where they were. He walked to where they were, stood facing them and looked at me with a “I can’t find them” expression.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I mean, I'm not what you'd consider super-duper crazy PC-inclined and would look at the design and think "Wow that that's pretty bad Japan lol"

Read it in secret my dude. Your friends pretty coocoo, the manga itself is really great and I don't encourage dropping it because of one character design.

D

Deleted member

That must be super annoying.
People should always know what they want before they ask for it.

D

Deleted member

You learned them from Gwen?
I thought I left that pretty clear?

Maybe it's because I'm not black but I don't think I'd ever kick someone out of a friend group because of the media they consume unless it was some outright nasty stuff

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
>Broke: Naruto
>Woke: One Piece
>Acended: My Hero Academia
>Galaxy: Seven Deadly Sins
>HEAVENLY: FAIRY TAIL
>GODLY: SWORD ART ONLINE
All right... y'all might not like this...

But I, unironically, like Sword Art Online.

The only other anime on here that I've really watched is My Hero Academia (and yes, I do enjoy it more than SAO).

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Killing off half a population isn't genocidal if you say "no Thano" before doing it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You guys.

T'was a joke.

Out of those I only really enjoy My Hero Academia. I keep up with Fairy Tail, but really only because I've poured so much time into it, and it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine.
To be fair, given your opinion on Smash Run vs Smash Tour, can you blame people for being cautious? ;)

Shroob

Sup?
I thought I left that pretty clear?

Maybe it's because I'm not black but I don't think I'd ever kick someone out of a friend group because of the media they consume unless it was some outright nasty stuff
I mean, one of 'em straight up called me a pedo once because I said "I don't care" when they were partaking in group shaming a character in Granblue's non-canon gag-manga for being a lolicon.

So like, :drshrug:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All right... y'all might not like this...

But I, unironically, like Sword Art Online.

The only other anime on here that I've really watched is My Hero Academia (and yes, I do enjoy it more than SAO).
SAO used to be another guilty pleasure of mine, but then they used **** as Drama one too many times and I dropped it.
No it wasn't, jokes are meant to be funny
:drflip:

D

Deleted member

I had a customer ask me where the zucchini was and I pointed him to directly where they were. He walked to where they were, stood facing them and looked at me with a “I can’t find them” expression.
How???
Did he think those were cucumbers?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oooooh you reminded me of the time I was ****ing done with a customer's ****.
"Hey, can you help me find the rice pudding?"
Sure, it's over here
*We walk to the rice pudding*
Is this one the one you want sir?
"No, that's the wrong thing"
Oh, perhaps this one? Or do you have a brand preferred?
"No, it's not that!"
Which one do you want then sir?
"I don't know, you don't ****ing have it apparently, disgraceful"
I'm sorr-
*Customer notices what he was looking for and grabs it*
"See? THIS one!" *in a highly aggressive tone*
Oh, my apologies, I was looking at the rice pudding because you said you wanted the RICE PUDDING and not the CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!
*complete silence*
Have a nice day

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
SAO used to be another guilty pleasure of mine, but then they used **** as Drama one too many times and I dropped it.
Yeah... don't remind me. I purposely blocked that part out of my mind.

That sounds exactly like something I would do tbh.

D

Deleted member

Oooooh you reminded me of the time I was ****ing done with a customer's ****.
"Hey, can you help me find the rice pudding?"
Sure, it's over here
*We walk to the rice pudding*
Is this one the one you want sir?
"No, that's the wrong thing"
Oh, perhaps this one? Or do you have a brand preferred?
"No, it's not that!"
Which one do you want then sir?
"I don't know, you don't ****ing have it apparently, disgraceful"
I'm sorr-
*Customer notices what he was looking for and grabs it*
"See? THIS one!" *in a highly aggressive tone*
Oh, my apologies, I was looking at the rice pudding because you said you wanted the RICE PUDDING and not the CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!
*complete silence*
Have a nice day
This is funny and sad at the same time.
I am sorry you had to go through this.
Humans are very strange.

D

Deleted member

Burgh: "So you finally arrive at my gym."
Me: "Dude what the **** why is this whole place full of bug nests!?"
Burgh: "It's my masterpiece!"
Me: "It's ****ing nasty, that's what it is."
Burgh: "It's a metaphor."
Me: "For what!?"
Burgh: "Coming out of your shell."
Me: "I don't get it?"
Burgh: "Coming out."
Me: "And what's up with all the rainbow paint splattered across the floor, this **** is still fresh."
Burgh: "How ****ing dense are you?"
Me: "About 985 kg/m³ why do you ask?"

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom