• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And I never said they weren't wrong about other things, their direct predictions have seemingly been accurate.

D

Deleted member

So I know I've posted this image a lot but I thought it was unfair how Shiny ended up being relegated as the Joestar birthmark.

So instead, I made the Joestar birthmark the Erdrick symbol and made Shiny into Hol Horse

I can't believe I'm ****ing in

D

Deleted member

I do a ****ty Thanos impression to make my sister laugh
one time i said "if thanos could do any hand motion to kill half the universe why would he be boring and snap instead of clapping thor's cheeks" and she wouldn't stop laughing for like 20 min

KMDP

Smash Legend
H U M O N G O U S   C H U N G U S
Look at you, using spaces to separate the letters like a casual.

You need to get on my level.
Having Japanese language support installed on your computer gives you access to "Full-Width Alphanumeric" text, which causes the letters to take up the full character space regardless of it's size. It's as opposed to "Half-width"text, which uses the minimum space needed.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Imagine if in Reggie’s last direct, the last announcement would not only be Mother 3 coming to the west, as well as some new Mother 3 stuff, BUT Porky would be revealed in Smash as part of the Fighters Pass. This will blow Erdrick supporters out of the water.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For the most part that tiwtter thread isn't perfect.

But the points it raises on five different parties needed to be negotiated with it, and probably no music, really makes me think they wouldn't go for Elderick. Luminary or slime maybe, but I don't buy Elderick. Especially when verge was flat out wrong after base game and he pretty much started this all.

And I'd like a source on the later. Because I don't think it was publicly stated that Joker was revealed earlier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was January not the month where everything was uploaded to Nintendo's twitter or Youtube?

IF so its pretty damn likely the February direct was made because they delayed the other( if I have my directs remembered right)

And they still have been right about quite a few directs off the top of my head. Odds are stacked more in their favor imo.
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ate-jokers-reveal-getting-some-rest-and-more/

Sakurai outright says Nintendo told him they wanted Joker revealed earlier than Sakurai intended. Which means one can assume Joker wasn't intended to be the first reveal

D

Deleted member

So I know I've posted this image a lot but I thought it was unfair how Shiny ended up being relegated as the Joestar birthmark.

So instead, I made the Joestar birthmark the Erdrick symbol and made Shiny into Hol Horse

Why is Mista like just chillin there?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I'm the one who speak French here, so I guess I would be Polnareff, which mean I be definitly upset if anyone were to kick GothFluttershy.:ultrob:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

See I WOULD feel left out because I'm not on this but at the same time I outright dislike Part 3 so I'm good

D

Deleted member

sweet, the thread's kind of talking about Jojo
I decided to make that cursed image idea myself
and it's just as cursed as I thought it would be
C u r s e d.png

i am so sorry

osby

Smash Obsessed
But the points it raises on five different parties needed to be negotiated with it, and probably no music, really makes me think they wouldn't go for Elderick. Luminary or slime maybe, but I don't buy Elderick. Especially when verge was flat out wrong after base game and he pretty much started this all.
You might want to check Erdrick thread for clarification, but his ownership issues really isn't complicated. SE just outsources different parties to make games, they still fully own the characters.

Music isn't an issue either, unlike FF which has royalty problems. Note that we still did get Cloud and two music tracks. DQ likely would have a easier time getting music.

I have no idea why you think Luminary and Slime has a chance but not Erdrick because you didn't bother to explain it, so I can't comment on that.

Vergeben wasn't flat out wrong, he correctly predicted more than one character. DLC is a different ballgame but it doesn't support your claim.

And I'd like a source on the later. Because I don't think it was publicly stated that Joker was revealed earlier.
Sakurai publicly stated that he didn't even started on Joker, that's why he has an animated trailer with no model.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was January not the month where everything was uploaded to Nintendo's twitter or Youtube?

IF so its pretty damn likely the February direct was made because they delayed the other( if I have my directs remembered right)

And they still have been right about quite a few directs off the top of my head. Odds are stacked more in their favor imo.
If they were wrong because of a delay once, what says they won't be wrong again?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
For the most part that tiwtter thread isn't perfect.

At this point I'm pretty worn out regarding Erdrick, so I kind of just assume he's in. But I still keep some doubt. Regardless, I respect your confidence. It's always nice to see someone propose an opposing idea to the majority (beyond just repetitive denial).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ate-jokers-reveal-getting-some-rest-and-more/

Sakurai outright says Nintendo told him they wanted Joker revealed earlier than Sakurai intended. Which means one can assume Joker wasn't intended to be the first reveal
I don't think this is being taken right.

Joker had more code then Brave did and is releasing first. That's proof alone he was always intended to be first released. This article likely means that Sakurai didn't want to announce him before they had gameplay polished, hence why they improvised with his announcement. Hell another few months went by and we still have to wait for gameplay. Consider how in depth he's got to be playstyle wise, he likely was not ready so they didn't want him announced.

Sakurai doesn't like to show things without the work being there to show gameplay.

So I don't think this changes Joker's order on the pass. He was always meant to be the first character and thus first reveal. So again I doubt the Ederick or DQ rep claims heavily.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Earlier doesn’t mean that Joker wasn’t meant to be first.

For example, if Sakurai wanted to reveal him in the February direct, that would still make him the 1st DLC character since we still haven’t gotten another and it’s April.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You might want to check Erdrick thread for clarification, but his ownership issues really isn't complicated. SE just outsources different parties to make games, they still fully own the characters.

Music isn't an issue either, unlike FF which has royalty problems. Note that we still did get Cloud and two music tracks. DQ likely would have a easier time getting music.

I have no idea why you think Luminary and Slime has a chance but not Erdrick because you didn't bother to explain it, so I can't comment on that.

Vergeben wasn't flat out wrong, he correctly predicted more than one character. DLC is a different ballgame but it doesn't support your claim.

Sakurai publicly stated that he didn't even started on Joker, that's why he has an animated trailer with no model.

If they were wrong because of a delay once, what says they won't be wrong again?
Lumineary: Fresh and new, ala joker

Slime: The most requested DQ rep according to polls.

That's why I listed them.

And yeah verge was right base game, but he backed minecraft steve and said the square rep was first reveal.

Both of which are wrong when it comes to DLC. Steve has been deconfirmed, and I still don't see a square rep or evidence that they had more work done then Joker and were meant to be first instead of him.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Joker had more code then Brave did and is releasing first. That's proof alone he was always intended to be first released. This article likely means that Sakurai didn't want to announce him before they had gameplay polished, hence why they improvised with his announcement. Hell another few months went by and we still have to wait for gameplay. Consider how in depth he's got to be playstyle wise, he likely was not ready so they didn't want him announced.

Sakurai doesn't like to show things without the work being there to show gameplay.

So I don't think this changes Joker's order on the pass. He was always meant to be the first character and thus first reveal. So again I doubt the Ederick or DQ rep claims heavily.
van zieks objection.PNG

The code for Joker and "Brave" was found a month or so after Joker's announcement. So of course Joker would have more advanced code than Brave would, because Nintendo basically forced Sakurai's hand to make him work on Joker first, so Joker had about a month's work put into him before we found his code.

Who's to say Sakurai didn't plan on working on Brave first, but once Nintendo told him "hey, we want to reveal Joker at The Game Awards", he had to change plans?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
For now, I'd just take everything Verge says with a grain of salt. His January Direct predictions were way off, and there's probably a good reason why he's stayed quiet for so long. I think it's becoming abundantly clear that he along with every other "leaker" have no real concept of what the rest of the DLC will be, if Joker and PP didn't make that obvious enough.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I wasn't here basically all weekend.

What'd I miss.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
View attachment 205872

The code for Joker and "Brave" was found a month or so after Joker's announcement. So of course Joker would have more advanced code than Brave would, because Nintendo basically forced Sakurai's hand to make him work on Joker first, so Joker had about a month's work put into him before we found his code.

Who's to say Sakurai didn't plan on working on Brave first, but once Nintendo told him "hey, we want to reveal Joker at The Game Awards", he had to change plans?
That objection looks like it's from 17th century Germany. I like it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Ok but when your boss says "Hey change the order, we want you to announce this one first" you're gonna listen. Chances are that because of this change, Joker's gotten more priority with development to accommodate for the new release order.
Lumineary: Fresh and new, ala joker

Slime: The most requested DQ rep according to polls.

That's why I listed them.

And yeah verge was right base game, but he backed minecraft steve and said the square rep was first reveal.

Both of which are wrong when it comes to DLC. Steve has been deconfirmed, and I still don't see a square rep or evidence that they had more work done then Joker and were meant to be first instead of him.
Friendly reminder that fanpolls are garbage. Remember how CastleVania seemingly didn't exist according to the polls yet Sakurai outright stated CastleVania got in because of the ballot to the point he had to choose between 2 characters?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 205872

Ok let's entertain this idea.

In this scenario Brave Is Elderick.

Now tell me, your square enix, you line up your announcements to advertise DQ with Smash, and then Nintendo says **** you, we want to promote joker first.

Do you think any company will be ok with this? No it would damage relationships.

There is no way Nintendo changed the order. And in a month's time they still would need to work on brave so he showed have shown more signs of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom