• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
What’s your guilty pleasure?

I like ****ty pop songs from like 2000 to 2014. That kinda music is what I grew up hearing, and even though I know it’s bad it kinda takes me back into the mind of a child. It’s very comforting.
Some of the Mega Man Battle Network and Star Force games.

Part of me genuinely loves them and the characters, and part of me acknowledges that the dungeons are tedious, the translations are awful and often plagued with spelling errors, and the stories don't hold up to even basic scrutiny.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I like ****ty pop songs from like 2000 to 2014. That kinda music is what I grew up hearing, and even though I know it’s bad it kinda takes me back into the mind of a child. It’s very comforting.
I kinda like early 90s Pop Music.

Also, I unironically like Award Bait Disney songs, and wish they still did them.

By Award Bait Disney Songs I mean **** like this.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty much Dynasty Warriors and related games, I like them even if they are repetitive.

Music-wise, 80s pop.

For movies, both Hot Shots, The Grinch with Jim Carrey, Dracula Dead and Loving it.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

QuiqueST QuiqueST
You were that Dark Pit, right? Damn, you got me good. And I was so close too but the tables ended up being turning on me with that stage spike.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
In terms of likes my sworn goal is to get more total likes than @osby and I'm so close I can almost feel it.

It's nothing against you osby I just set out to do it one day like a month ago and I'm getting close so that's exciting. :drshrug:

After that I've gotta reach my girl Luigi The President Luigi The President because she got way more likes than I did while I was sleeping.

After that we'll see how high I can go.
Lmao idk how this **** even happened I just posted about Geno some

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Please try and be proud of yourselves

Even if it’s just for getting out of bed

You’re all doing great

KMDP

Smash Legend
In terms of likes my sworn goal is to get more total likes than @osby and I'm so close I can almost feel it.

It's nothing against you osby I just set out to do it one day like a month ago and I'm getting close so that's exciting. :drshrug:

After that I've gotta reach my girl Luigi The President Luigi The President because she got way more likes than I did while I was sleeping.

After that we'll see how high I can go.
Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah wait, wait, wait!

I have more likes than tehponycorn!?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Greatest Guilty Pleasure is unironically enjoying Bravely Second's anime as **** OP, Great Distance.

uggggggh, I want to vomit, but I also want to replay the song one more time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sonic 06
Darkstalkers/Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Double Dragon cartoons
The original Mortal Kombat movies
The two live-action Street Fighter movies(I felt the first one was better than Chun Li's)
The live-action Double Dragon movie
The live-action Super Mario Bros. movie
Shadow the Hedgehog(the game)
I almost forgot Infomercials. Yep. >.>
...I'd say Quest 64, but it actually has a semi-decent enough group of followers that it doesn't really count. Plus, it was average as a game and had highly mixed reviews(instead of mostly bad ones). Albeit, the fact it was advertised as an answer to FFVII was dumb. That made the expectations wayyyyyyyy too high. I love the game, but that doesn't mean it compares to that game at all(you know, bar being the same genre and having other similar tropes).

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dumbo not making it pass its budget in the box office puts a smile on my face. Hopefully this will convince Disney to give up on these soulless cash grabs.

And even more hope that Aladdin will bomb given how terrible it looks. Seriously Will Smith not only looks terrible in CGI as the Genie but he's so miscasted.

D

Deleted member

Some of the Mega Man Battle Network and Star Force games.

Part of me genuinely loves them and the characters, and part of me acknowledges that the dungeons are tedious, the translations are awful and often plagued with spelling errors, and the stories don't hold up to even basic scrutiny.
The combat is quite good for both (although for SF it took until 3 to be great), and the BN series has interesting takes on the og robot masters and other MM characters. Although I kinda liked SF og characters more in comparison to BN as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dumbo not making it pass its budget in the box office puts a smile on my face. Hopefully this will convince Disney to give up on these soulless cash grabs.

And even more hope that Aladdin will bomb given how terrible it looks. Seriously Will Smith not only looks terrible in CGI as the Genie but he's so miscasted.
Damn. Disney's gonna stop hurting themselves. Now I have to once again resume my war on the company.

Congratulations Men, you're off the hook. The Mouse takes priority.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
*Sees all sorts of message*

S..should i be leaving now?

Nah was gonna call it a night. lol

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Damn. Disney's gonna stop hurting themselves. Now I have to once again resume my war on the company.

Listen, I don't think anyone in this lifetime or the next is going to even dent the biggest mutlimedia company that has ever been or ever will be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

You'd think so, but also keep in mind they barely put in the time to advertise it compared to other live-action re-makes. It'll be a bit of a hit for sure, though.

Another thing to consider is that Dumbo is no Aladdin or Lion King as far as the Pop Culture influence goes. Even to this day people lift their pets like Rafiki lifting Simba and quote the Genie.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I've managed to indirectly determine via internet browsing that everything I like and have ever liked is terrible.

To hit upon a more specific example, I don't care if movies like Aristocats and The Rescuers are mediocre fluff pieces, at least they aren't kicking me in the face with a slew of purposefully cringeworthy tropes that we all know the narrative outcome of. I like having cute movies where the plot isn't determined by everyone wangsting through misunderstandings OK

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I've got 2 of them.

One is that enjoy Youtube videos ranting about very bad or very controversial movies.

You can probably figure out the other one.

D

Deleted member

disney's probably gonna be a successful company until the end of time, regardless of what one person on smashboards dot com does

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom