• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
QuiqueST QuiqueST
You were that Dark Pit, right? Damn, you got me good. And I was so close too but the tables ended up being turning on me with that stage spike.
Yeah, that last stock was crazy. Also every time I super armor a strong hit which should have definitely killed me, I feel part of my soul die on the inside. That happened with Ridley's F-Smash.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
disney's probably gonna be a successful company until the end of time, regardless of what one person on smashboards dot com does
My crusade will go beyond Smashboards and have far reaching effects on the entertainment industry as a whole. I will unite the opposition powers and produce quality content using beloved characters for people of every age group. I will use fanservace and quality entertainment to topple the mouse's empire and divide the spoils amongst my allies.

D

Deleted member

The biggest issue with this is that it seems like you have to hold the system to your head rather then strap it on.

Holding up your arms for long play sessions seems like it could get old really fast.
Well, sometimes ya gotta do things the ol' fashioned way.

Screenshot (1007).png

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My crusade will go beyond Smashboards and have far reaching effects on the entertainment industry as a whole. I will unite the opposition powers and produce quality content using beloved characters for people of every age group. I will use fanservace and quality entertainment to topple the mouse's empire and divide the spoils amongst my allies.
Fight the power, sister... or uhh...?

D

Deleted member

um

alright then

good luck? see you in 96 years i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Resident Evil 7 is actually already on the Switch. But it's a streamed version of the game and exclusive to Japan.

Capcom developers/reps have said on multiple occasions that they don't believe the Switch can handle running the RE Engine (the proprietary game engine developed in house by Capcom and used for RE7, RE2make and DMC5). This makes an official international release of any of these games on the Switch unlikely without committing major resources to remake and tone down the games for inferior hardware.

That said, Resident Evil is getting three overpriced digital releases on Switch shortly before E3, as you mentioned. It's getting a rebooted film series produced my Netflix. There are credible rumors that not only are RE8 and RE3make in active development, but RE3make is due as early as January 2020 and Capcom's current plan is to annualize RE by using remakes and spinoffs in between major numbered releases for the foreseeable future. Even if Capcom isn't trying to market directly to Switch owners to by RE games on the Switch, they stand to gain plenty from introducing the 12+million Smash owners and enthusiasts to their most lucrative franchise, both for the guaranteed sales of that DLC and for the prospect of new fans for their coming releases in various media.

A Resident Evil rep in Smash is hardly guaranteed and I know I'm biased, but if Nintendo approached Capcom for a DLC character and Capcom had a say in what character would be used, I don't think it's a stretch to say they would push a RE rep. It only stands to benefit them and push their highest selling franchise (by a long mile).
First, here’s an update. I just put the battery in the box to use the elevator in the garden area, and have saved. I lied about how many saves I have. I didn’t have over 20 yesterday, I actually only had 18. Now that i’ve gotten further, i’m at 22 saves, with I believe 4-5 ink ribbons in my inventory.

I have 18 acid shells for the grenade launcher, and like 70 handgun shots. I have to get the Magnum, and i’m hoping to beat this by tomorrow night or Saturday.

While I also don’t see Resident Evil as guaranteed, I think it’s one of the underdog Smash series. The game series itself is iconic (often ridiculous, but iconic) and the characters have star power. They could pick any of Jill, Leon, or Chris, and they would be a great pick imo.

I know we’ve talked about moveset potential before. But if they went with Leon, I am once again struggling to determine how he could made different from Snake. Like not to say that Leon would just blow everything up, but I assume the similarities are there.

Either way, now that I feel a tad OP against these regular zombies, and even the hunters, the fear is waning.

That is, until she inevitably comes back. I swear, there’s no ****ing way I could do the **** these characters do. Oh, what’s that? A giant frog monster? A deformed women in chains and a bag over her head? No biggie, let me just shoot it likes it’s nothing at 23 years old.

Totally normal.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But if they went with Leon, I am once again struggling to determine how he could made different from Snake. Like not to say that Leon would just blow everything up, but I assume the similarities are there.
Simple.

They give him his RE4 nonsense.

"SURVIVAL HORROR," LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Greatest Guilty Pleasure is unironically enjoying Bravely Second's anime as **** OP, Great Distance.

uggggggh, I want to vomit, but I also want to replay the song one more time.
̶N̶o̶ thanks for reminding how catchy this **** is.

D

Deleted member

Simple.

They give him his RE4 nonsense.

"SURVIVAL HORROR," LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
So if I were to get into Resident Evil, what I need to know is...
  • Brock Lesnar mother****ers
  • Chris wants Leon to **** his sister
  • Punch boulders
Sounds about right?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So if I were to get into Resident Evil, what I need to know is...
  • Brock Lesnar mother****ers
  • Chris wants Leon to **** his sister
  • Punch boulders
Sounds about right?
Don't forget about the campy acting.
Never forget about the campy acting.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
See that's the thing. I have a head start! My plan involves uniting WB, Universal, Sony, and Viacom and utelizing their properties in a joint endevor to win the war on the mouse!
Yeah... good luck forking over 289 billion dollars, to gain all those assets

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I have to disagree, Sono Chi no Kioku is great and it's my third favorite JoJo opening but I wouldn't put it above Bloody Stream or Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town.

I prefer the other two cause their beats are funkier and better plus I prefer their Style. That's all subjective though so I can't say your opinion is wrong I just wouldn't put it above those two in my opinion.

All three are great though.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 204748

Yeah hey I'm new to this thread but quick question

Why do you need that many giant bottles of Pepto Bismol
Oh, you're new you say? Don't get to do these everyday, so... Ahem...

HEY NEW GUY, SCOTT HERE!

Glad to see another epic gamer! Also because of the scoliosis.

REAL_GAMER.png

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah I have to disagree, Sono Chi no Kioku is great and it's my third favorite JoJo opening but I wouldn't put it above Bloody Stream or Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town.

I prefer the other two cause their beats are funkier and better plus I prefer their Style. That's all subjective though so I can't say your opinion is wrong I just wouldn't put it above those two in my opinion.

All three are great though.
Hah, Sono Chi no Kioku isn't even my favourite JoJo song.

My favourite JoJo song is Great Days.

D

Deleted member

Hah, Sono Chi no Kioku isn't even my favourite JoJo song.

My favourite JoJo song is Great Days.
Well I didn't know that, your joke seemed to imply that your favorite was Sono Chi No Kioku.

Great Days is pretty great too I would say it's the best Part 4 song right behind Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town though if you're counting the Units Version then I would say that might be my second favorite JoJo song but the Vanilla Great Days isn't as good as Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town in my opinion.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well I didn't know that, your joke seemed to imply that your favorite was Sono Chi No Kioku.

Great Days is pretty great too I would say it's the best Part 4 song right behind Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town though if you're counting the Units Version then I would say that might be my second favorite JoJo song but the Vanilla Great Days isn't as good as Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town in my opinion.
All the JoJo songs are God Tier.

All of them.

Ever.

Even the ones that haven't been made yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom