• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/Chupacaubrey/status/1058221861442473984

despite what she says, the guy at Minecon who asked another community manager about Steve in Smash also heard a dev say that he'd like Steve or a Creeper in Smash, so I don't think all of Mojang feels the same, especially with the ironic fact that Steve is basically the mascot alongside Alex and the Creeper given their use on the website and their official, prominent merchandise, and most people on the subreddit liking the idea of Steve in Smash.

Not just that November tweet, but she also replied with some emoji to a joke post about Steve in Smash very recently.
I can’t believe steve just got roasted like that I mean...wow

Banjos coming bois!

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
That’s how it is sometimes, but the key is to realize that you don’t get good overnight.

I know you’ve heard this a million times, but practice really does make perfect.
"You think I came outta the ***** drawing ****ing Mozart?"
Arin Hanson, 2018

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's not being masculine, that's being a hero.

Masculinity is..... to avoid saying something problematic I'm gonna stop.
Let me guess. Masculinity is being abusive, flaunting your power and strength over others, and generally not caring about anything, showing no emotion other than rage?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thanks for the wishes, prayers and supports, everyone... I seriously appreciate it all, I really and truly do.

It could've been considerably worse than it was but I'm still worried about her for the time being.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I realize this is a social thread, but i’m got some Smash theorizing going on, and i’m wondering if anybody has thought about this.

With the rumors that Persona 5 coming to Switch (and that Best Buy effectively leaked it), this is yet another case of a 3rd party character getting into Smash, and then their game following (or at least already having a heavy presence. Joker has Persona 5, Cloud now has Final Fantasy VII, and presumably Erdrick/Luminary will have Dragon Quest XI.

Is it possible that all DLC will not only be 3rd party, but also tie into a release of their home series on Switch? I think it’s entirely possible.

Certainly, Persona 5 being on Switch is going to be a high interest announcement, likely similar to the but Nintendo had with Dragon Quest XI in the last Direct. Surely, this is by no means a pattern. However, I do think it’s something worth looking into.

To add to this, while I may have Resident Evil on my mind because I played the 2 remake, and am now playing the original remake, I recalled that the Resident Evil games have been released on the Switch eShop, but the announcement wasn’t made into a big deal.

While there’s nothing to back this, consider the potential reveal of Resident Evil 7 and/or 2 Remake on Switch. It’s a perfect opportunity to say, “Oh, by the way...”

This isn’t necessarily just to shoe horn Resident Evil with Leon in Smash or something, but I do think the idea is worth considering.

Thoughts? Could we have something here with “Character as Smash DLC = Promotion with Switch release”?
While I won't deny that there is a bit of a trend of characters being added with a tie in with a game, promotional reps do not get the best rep within the community. Corrin didn't, Bayonetta didn't (even if she wasn't stated to be one, a lot just wrongfully assumed that she had to be one), Roy got a free pass due to him just being a clone, and now people don't like him because FE, and Isabelle didn't get a great reception.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Me: I'm gonna set up a personal Hunger Games sim
5 seconds later: "MvM Meta Worshippers shoots a poisonous blow dart into Dorothy Gale's neck, slowly killing her."

I knew I had a reason to hate the mvm meta.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let me guess. Masculinity is being abusive, flaunting your power and strength over others, and generally not caring about anything, showing no emotion other than rage?
I mean to be fair that's how they described it in Macbeth.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't know. I could make excuses for it but honestly I think I'm just broken.
I brought this up with my therapist but nothing came of it.
The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

Now take the next step, and actually try to work towards solving it. If you go through your entire life thinking this way, it's gonna end badly for you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It’s really a shame because I KNOW you’ve got a good person in there somewhere but you’ve just gotta realize how psychotic of an ideology “eradicating males due to male sterotypes” is, especially since you’re basically making up your own sterotypes about women being angels or something

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thanks for the wishes, prayers and supports, everyone... I seriously appreciate it all, I really and truly do.

It could've been considerably worse than it was but I'm still worried about her for the time being.
Hoping for the best with your Grandmother, KingofPhantoms.
Tonight on Smahsboards.

The reproductive process of a Yoshi, and misandry.
...Seems I came in at that time of the day, then.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why my previous comment was like that.. uh but thank you! Your dark pit is real good!
Thanks, it's been a while since I fought a good Rosa and I got reminded why I should fear her.
Also holy **** if that Wolf Down Smash had actually killed, that would have been insane. Good DI saves lives.

D

Deleted member

I just don't get it. Have you never met a nice guy before? Have you never met a rude woman? Legitimately trying to understand because it's not a matter of being broken. It's a matter of exposure to the world and honesty

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I realize this is a social thread, but i’m got some Smash theorizing going on, and i’m wondering if anybody has thought about this.

With the rumors that Persona 5 coming to Switch (and that Best Buy effectively leaked it), this is yet another case of a 3rd party character getting into Smash, and then their game following (or at least already having a heavy presence. Joker has Persona 5, Cloud now has Final Fantasy VII, and presumably Erdrick/Luminary will have Dragon Quest XI.

Is it possible that all DLC will not only be 3rd party, but also tie into a release of their home series on Switch? I think it’s entirely possible.

Certainly, Persona 5 being on Switch is going to be a high interest announcement, likely similar to the but Nintendo had with Dragon Quest XI in the last Direct. Surely, this is by no means a pattern. However, I do think it’s something worth looking into.

To add to this, while I may have Resident Evil on my mind because I played the 2 remake, and am now playing the original remake, I recalled that the Resident Evil games have been released on the Switch eShop, but the announcement wasn’t made into a big deal.

While there’s nothing to back this, consider the potential reveal of Resident Evil 7 and/or 2 Remake on Switch. It’s a perfect opportunity to say, “Oh, by the way...”

This isn’t necessarily just to shoe horn Resident Evil with Leon in Smash or something, but I do think the idea is worth considering.

Thoughts? Could we have something here with “Character as Smash DLC = Promotion with Switch release”?
Could be although, curiously, RE7 was actually released on Switch in Japan. It is one of the few cloud streamed titles over there. We could possibly be getting a Switch pro version if the rumors of a pro version end up true.

Even without it, I feel that a RE rep in Smash is very possible given its popularity and that a few entries debuted or have been on Nintendo consoles.

(DQXI is a funny story since it was one of the first two titles revealed for the Switch when it was the NX)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
See, I had always thought masculinity was all about being swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, all the strength of a raging fire, and being as mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Listen up, Partner.

I’m very acquainted with people who refuse to see other people beyond stereotypes. Even friends of that type are “better than the other ones”. As a child I knew it was silly. There’s no way an entire group of people could be this way, but they’re too set in their ways.

I know you have had bad experiences with men, I can imagine what you’ve gone through. I’m not saying you’re feelings are invalid, but this isn’t the way partner. It’s simply unhealthy to view an entire large group of humanity as evil. I know you can’t just turn it off, I know you’ve tried therapy. But I also know you’re not broken, and that you can get past this one day. I want you to be happy, and I know for a fact that these mindsets kinda hinder that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn’t it weird that they don’t have yolks
i mean they probably develop super quickly

and thinking about that, wouldn't that make yoshis highly saught after by farms for popping out potential food by the dozen every second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom