• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Doubter. I'm gonna change the world for the better!
news flash, a world of all chicks will not make the world a better place and Not eveyone likes women that hate men with a burning passions. One can say we find yall annoying and Karma bites people like that in the ass one way or another

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yoshi’s are a species, there are female Yoshis.

Mario’s Yoshi is a dude.
Convenient how every Yoshi Mario hatches turns out to be a boy. Coincidence? I think not!

#Yoshigate

D

Deleted member

Okay, so, my Hunger Games Simulation is definitely going to be delayed.

My grandmother took a header today... Bad enough that she had to be taken to the hospital for it. She's more or less okay as of now, but sustained some injuries for certain. This is a very personal and sensitive matter so I'm leaving it at that. I absolutely won't be giving any other details beyond that here, since this is a thread on an public internet forum. But I did want to clarify why I won't be doing what I intended to tonight, or in case circumstances made it so that I suddenly wouldn't be active on the site at all.

I won't be doing the round I planned on tonight partly because I don't know exactly what the next course of action is, but the biggest reason is because after this sudden incident happened, I'm really not in the mood for Hunger Games tonight. I hope you all understand, and apologies that it'll be delayed to a point later than I originally would've liked.
I'm sorry to hear about that Phantom! I hope everything goes well with you and your grandmother that sounds terrible and I hope she'll be okay.

Good luck, We'll be rooting for you!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are you still doing the war on men schtick
news flash, a world of all chick will not make the world a better place and. Not eveyone likes women that hate men with a burnung passions. One can say we find yall annoying and Karma bite people like that in the *** one way or another
Something tells me it probably wasn't a good idea to try to resurrect this as m own personal meme. I'm sending the wrong message.

Noipoi

Howdy!

My grandmother took a header today... Bad enough that she had to be taken to the hospital for it. She's more or less okay as of now, but sustained some injuries for certain. This is a very personal and sensitive matter so I'm leaving it at that. I absolutely won't be giving any other details beyond that here, since this is a thread on an public internet forum. But I did want to clarify why I won't be doing what I intended to tonight, or in case circumstances made it so that I suddenly wouldn't be active on the site at all.

I won't be doing the round I planned on tonight partly because I don't know exactly what the next course of action is, but the biggest reason is because after this sudden incident happened, I'm really not in the mood for Hunger Games tonight. I hope you all understand, and apologies that it'll be delayed to a point later than I originally would've liked.
I send my well wishes! Good luck!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Something tells me it probably wasn't a good idea to try to resurrect this as m own personal meme. I'm sending the wrong message.
What? Trying to turn the idea of ridding the world of all men into a meme isn't a good plan?

Color me shocked. I could've never seen this coming.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You very well could!

I don’t think waging a war on masculinity is the way, though.
Maybe, maybe not. You just look at the pure ideals of masculinity vs. femininity and one is just kind of inherently more hostile and aggressive....

Whatever, I need to stop before I do or say something I regret.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I'll keep her in my thoughts King, I hope nothing long term comes of it.

D

Deleted member

Sexism isn't exactly good meme material, especially when the person trying to push it has shown to have held these views seriously in the past.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Huh, I’m kinda curious now. Have we ever seen an explicitly female Yoshi? I guess they all have the same voice and design (outside of color), so it doesn’t seem like there’s any way to tell.

Zinith Zinith any chance you know of any obscure examples?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I will never stop thinking that Yoshis are just like Namekians- Males who reproduce through eggs
Wait if all the Gorons are male then how the **** do they make kids

Noipoi

Howdy!
Maybe, maybe not. You just look at the pure ideals of masculinity vs. femininity and one is just kind of inherently more hostile and aggressive....

Personally I always saw masculinity as standing up for what’s right and protecting your loved ones, but that’s just me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You just look at the pure ideals of masculinity vs. femininity and one is just kind of inherently more hostile and aggressive....
mmm geee

a being born that produces more of a "aggressive chemical" than another that is genetically designed to focus on its counterpart is likely to be more aggressive my having more of the aggressive chemical

1529996675157.jpg

very shocking indeed

nut what do i know? we all clearly produce it at our own free will and not because we're biologically built to have our brains do it subconsciously, so we're the problem here.

>Yoshi
>males
>lay eggs

This is beyond science.
google male seahorse

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait if all the Gorons are male then how the **** do they make kids
uh... they uh...
when the goron’s rocking don’t come a knocking

Probably for the best. You have been made aware by now that such a radical, sexist stance makes virtually everyone else here uncomfortable.

Being that I’m genderfluid, where would that put me in that theoretical future?

Either way I would probably just write myself off that script to begin with.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I realize this is a social thread, but i’m got some Smash theorizing going on, and i’m wondering if anybody has thought about this.

With the rumors that Persona 5 coming to Switch (and that Best Buy effectively leaked it), this is yet another case of a 3rd party character getting into Smash, and then their game following (or at least already having a heavy presence. Joker has Persona 5, Cloud now has Final Fantasy VII, and presumably Erdrick/Luminary will have Dragon Quest XI.

Is it possible that all DLC will not only be 3rd party, but also tie into a release of their home series on Switch? I think it’s entirely possible.

Certainly, Persona 5 being on Switch is going to be a high interest announcement, likely similar to the but Nintendo had with Dragon Quest XI in the last Direct. Surely, this is by no means a pattern. However, I do think it’s something worth looking into.

To add to this, while I may have Resident Evil on my mind because I played the 2 remake, and am now playing the original remake, I recalled that the Resident Evil games have been released on the Switch eShop, but the announcement wasn’t made into a big deal.

While there’s nothing to back this, consider the potential reveal of Resident Evil 7 and/or 2 Remake on Switch. It’s a perfect opportunity to say, “Oh, by the way...”

This isn’t necessarily just to shoe horn Resident Evil with Leon in Smash or something, but I do think the idea is worth considering.

Thoughts? Could we have something here with “Character as Smash DLC = Promotion with Switch release”?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
maybe gorons kinda have to chip off rocks off their own body to asexually reproduce

maybe they create their own parasitic twins and chip them off over their lifetime

Noipoi

Howdy!
I realize this is a social thread, but i’m got some Smash theorizing going on, and i’m wondering if anybody has thought about this.

With the rumors that Persona 5 coming to Switch (and that Best Buy effectively leaked it), this is yet another case of a 3rd party character getting into Smash, and then their game following (or at least already having a heavy presence. Joker has Persona 5, Cloud now has Final Fantasy VII, and presumably Erdrick/Luminary will have Dragon Quest XI.

Is it possible that all DLC will not only be 3rd party, but also tie into a release of their home series on Switch? I think it’s entirely possible.

Certainly, Persona 5 being on Switch is going to be a high interest announcement, likely similar to the but Nintendo had with Dragon Quest XI in the last Direct. Surely, this is by no means a pattern. However, I do think it’s something worth looking into.

To add to this, while I may have Resident Evil on my mind because I played the 2 remake, and am now playing the original remake, I recalled that the Resident Evil games have been released on the Switch eShop, but the announcement wasn’t made into a big deal.

While there’s nothing to back this, consider the potential reveal of Resident Evil 7 and/or 2 Remake on Switch. It’s a perfect opportunity to say, “Oh, by the way...”

This isn’t necessarily just to shoe horn Resident Evil with Leon in Smash or something, but I do think the idea is worth considering.

Thoughts? Could we have something here with “Character as Smash DLC = Promotion with Switch release”?
staindgrey staindgrey wants to know you’re location

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Huh, I’m kinda curious now. Have we ever seen an explicitly female Yoshi? I guess they all have the same voice and design (outside of color), so it doesn’t seem like there’s any way to tell.

Zinith Zinith any chance you know of any obscure examples?
I'm not Zinith but in The Thousand Year Door, a Yoshi does mention having a wife.

Of note, supposedly the Japanese trophy description for Yoshi mentions asexual reproduction. Which I guess kind of makes sense as in Game & Watch Gallery in Chef, eating enough will make Yoshi produce a baby yoshi egg.

So I guess they technically have no biological sex but take up gendered identities regardless?

D

Deleted member

or maybe shrinking down and oversimplifying the very idea of being a man or a woman to your own personal concept of "pure masculinity" or "pure femininity" is just overall a bad idea because not all men or women can be compared to something that limiting

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
mmm geee

a being born that produces more of a "aggressive chemical" than another that is genetically designed to focus on its counterpart is likely to be more aggressive my having more of the aggressive chemical

View attachment 204704

very shocking indeed

nut what do i know? we all clearly produce it at our own free will and not because we're biologically built to have our brains do it subconsciously, so we're the problem here.

google male seahorse
Exactly! If you could just shut that down you'd see things so much more clearly!

Damn it! I thought I was going to stop!

D

Deleted member

When you apply stereotypes to an entire half of the Earth's population to justify misandry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom