• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Thanks, it's been a while since I fought a good Rosa and I got reminded why I should fear her.
Also holy **** if that Wolf Down Smash had actually killed, that would have been insane. Good DI saves lives.
You’re too kind! I haven’t seen a good Dark Pit in some time! I agree, that would’ve been nuts

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Yoshi, how come everyone talks about Big Yoshi, but no one talks about Big Luigi?

96px-Luigi-Snack_Basket-First_largest_size_frame.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i mean they probably develop super quickly

and thinking about that, wouldn't that make yoshis highly saught after by farms for popping out potential food by the dozen every second
I wonder how much heat would be produced by the virtually spontaneous generation of a live Yoshi...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
i mean they probably develop super quickly

and thinking about that, wouldn't that make yoshis highly saught after by farms for popping out potential food by the dozen every second
Yoshi's are highly intelligent so they'd know when they're being used.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

Now take the next step, and actually try to work towards solving it. If you go through your entire life thinking this way, it's gonna end badly for you.
I know. I know. I'll keep at it.
It’s really a shame because I KNOW you’ve got a good person in there somewhere but you’ve just gotta realize how psychotic of an ideology “eradicating males due to male sterotypes” is, especially since you’re basically making up your own sterotypes about women being angels or something
I know you're right. I know how bad it sounds. But it's deeply rooted. It takes a lot of effort and practice to change your default reflexive opinions. Just be patient with me please.
I just don't get it. Have you never met a nice guy before? Have you never met a rude woman? Legitimately trying to understand because it's not a matter of being broken. It's a matter of exposure to the world.
Honestly, no. The concept isn't alien to me, but every woman I've ever met was very kind and any men I met were either complete assholes or very feminine.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I realize this is a social thread, but i’m got some Smash theorizing going on, and i’m wondering if anybody has thought about this.

With the rumors that Persona 5 coming to Switch (and that Best Buy effectively leaked it), this is yet another case of a 3rd party character getting into Smash, and then their game following (or at least already having a heavy presence. Joker has Persona 5, Cloud now has Final Fantasy VII, and presumably Erdrick/Luminary will have Dragon Quest XI.

Is it possible that all DLC will not only be 3rd party, but also tie into a release of their home series on Switch? I think it’s entirely possible.

Certainly, Persona 5 being on Switch is going to be a high interest announcement, likely similar to the but Nintendo had with Dragon Quest XI in the last Direct. Surely, this is by no means a pattern. However, I do think it’s something worth looking into.

To add to this, while I may have Resident Evil on my mind because I played the 2 remake, and am now playing the original remake, I recalled that the Resident Evil games have been released on the Switch eShop, but the announcement wasn’t made into a big deal.

While there’s nothing to back this, consider the potential reveal of Resident Evil 7 and/or 2 Remake on Switch. It’s a perfect opportunity to say, “Oh, by the way...”

This isn’t necessarily just to shoe horn Resident Evil with Leon in Smash or something, but I do think the idea is worth considering.

Thoughts? Could we have something here with “Character as Smash DLC = Promotion with Switch release”?
I'd say it seems pretty plausible. It seems like a more tactful way to advertise with Smash, as well. People get hyped for a character, then the game shows up. I just don't know if every character will be like this. I don't think it'll happen for all of them, but it certainly could. If it's the case, then some characters are clearly out of the running.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Yoshi eggs are just ready to go as soon as they pop out, the egg would have to develop within the Yoshi. Would that count as pregnancy?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know. I know. I'll keep at it.

I know you're right. I know how bad it sounds. But it's deeply rooted. It takes a lot of effort and practice to change your default reflexive opinions. Just be patient with me please.

Honestly, no. The concept isn't alien to me, but every woman I've ever met was very kind and any men I met were either complete ******** or very feminine.
Don’t have to ask me to be patient with you.
Like I said, I have faith that you are a good person.

Hopefully one day you’re able to break the mindset. I’m sorry you have had to go through whatever it was that made you think in this way.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wait, can’t enemies break out of Yoshi eggs in at least a few Mario games? I was always under the assumption that no digestion or whatever occurred, the consumed just get encased in eggs. It doesn’t really make sense but neither does anything else about Yoshi so

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, no. The concept isn't alien to me, but every woman I've ever met was very kind and any men I met were either complete ******** or very feminine.
Are kindness and being feminine inherently equal while masculinity is inherently unkind?

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Listen up, Partner.

I’m very acquainted with people who refuse to see other people beyond stereotypes. Even friends of that type are “better than the other ones”. As a child I knew it was silly. There’s no way an entire group of people could be this way, but they’re too set in their ways.

I know you have had bad experiences with men, I can imagine what you’ve gone through. I’m not saying you’re feelings are invalid, but this isn’t the way partner. It’s simply unhealthy to view an entire large group of humanity as evil. I know you can’t just turn it off, I know you’ve tried therapy. But I also know you’re not broken, and that you can get past this one day. I want you to be happy, and I know for a fact that these mindsets kinda hinder that.
Don’t have to ask me to be patient with you.
Like I said, I have faith that you are a good person.

Hopefully one day you’re able to break the mindset. I’m sorry you have had to go through whatever it was that made you think in this way.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, can’t enemies break out of Yoshi eggs in at least a few Mario games? I was always under the assumption that no digestion or whatever occurred, the consumed just get encased in eggs. It doesn’t really make sense but neither does anything else about Yoshi so
The more you go into Yoshi biology, the more creepy and less wholesome it gets, so let's not think about it too hard.

D

Deleted member

cad7581.jpg

my favorite part of botw was that they made link smol

like in other games he was somewhat shorter than average but now he's just a manlet and it's the best timeline

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The more you go into Yoshi biology, the more creepy and less wholesome it gets, so let's not think about it too hard.
So does the Yoshi shell come off? Is it hollow or is there a physical mound of Yoshi flesh underneath?

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I am sorry guys! my brain is bad tonight, can someone else make the arena please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, so, my Hunger Games Simulation is definitely going to be delayed.

My grandmother took a header today... Bad enough that she had to be taken to the hospital for it. She's more or less okay as of now, but sustained some injuries for certain. This is a very personal and sensitive matter so I'm leaving it at that. I absolutely won't be giving any other details beyond that here, since this is a thread on an public internet forum. But I did want to clarify why I won't be doing what I intended to tonight, or in case circumstances made it so that I suddenly wouldn't be active on the site at all.

I won't be doing the round I planned on tonight partly because I don't know exactly what the next course of action is, but the biggest reason is because after this sudden incident happened, I'm really not in the mood for Hunger Games tonight. I hope you all understand, and apologies that it'll be delayed to a point later than I originally would've liked.
I am so sorry to hear this.
I hope your grandmother gets better quickly!

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean, haven't plenty of not exactly feminine men around here been pretty nice, reasonable and civil towards you? Or do you only mean people you've met in-person?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Listen up, Partner.
Noipoi, do you want us to read this in a Cowboy voice?

Because we're gonna read this in a Cowboy voice is you use words like that.

(Seriously though, the actual content of the post was very heartwarming.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, haven't plenty of not exactly feminine men around here been pretty nice, reasonable and civil towards you? Or do you only mean people you've met in-person?
Yes, I was only talking about people I've met in public.

Although I kind of low key assume everyone I talk to online is a woman until they tell me otherwise.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

He dead*** used the word howdy earlier today he knows what he’s doing

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Although I kind of low key assume everyone I talk to online is a woman until they tell me otherwise.
this is the exact opposite of "they have an anime girl profile pic so they're a girl" and it spooks me greatly

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I am biologically male and identified as such until recently.

Surely I didn’t magically become an angel because I was a little uncomfortable with my gender, haha

Noipoi

Howdy!

(Seriously though, the actual content of the post was very heartwarming.)
I’ve been speaking Like a cowboy for six months.

Yes, I want you to read it in a cowboy voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom