• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yo Cyn Cyn
If a conversation involving sexuality and gender comes up and it’s just a normal conversation and not really toxic or spurring any kind of argument is that cool

:p
The only reason why I discourage certain subjects is based on the history of the topic. If it can be discussed with civility, I really have no issues with it. However, that is often not the case.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The only reason why I discourage them is based on the history of the topic. If it can be discussed with civility, I really have no issues with it. However, that is often not the case.
Right and I understand that.

I just wanted to prove a point- thanks for helping me haha

D

Deleted member

How to tell when someone doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

DQ is huge. They literally can’t sell them on a weekday cause everyone would skip work/school.
Oh no, you got me wrong, I do know that. I'm simply saying it'd be interesting of the possibilities of Erdrick's reveal if the rumors are true can beat out Joker, which surprisingly became the biggest reveal for Japan in quite a while pre-release.

IMO if there were a DQ rep, I would've thought it'd be the Luminary simply because of how recent DQXI is, especially out of the 3.5M overall sales, 3M going to just Japan alone.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh no, you got me wrong, I do know that. I'm simply saying it'd be interesting of the possibilities of Erdrick's reveal if the rumors are true can beat out Joker, which surprisingly became the biggest reveal for Japan in quite a while pre-release.

IMO if there were a DQ rep, I would've thought it'd be the Luminary simply because of how recent DQXI is, especially out of the 3.5M overall sales, 3M going to just Japan alone.
Damn, DQXI only sold 0.5M units in the West? That's sad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally I wouldn't even want Tyson associated with another game in the franchise due to being, you know, a convicted rapist.

It's undeniable that he's the main reason Punch-Out!! is so iconic in the west, but he's not a good dude.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A game being leaked by a rapist would be something else entirely, but there was never a viable way he'd know about that if he makes no appearance in it anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You’re favorite Pokémon is Gengar.

You’re a normie too, I’m sick of this normie guilt crap.
Silly Noipoi, I'm not talking about THAT. I'm talking about killing all the straight white men who refuse to convert and ending bigotry forever!
#sarcasm #joke #roleplaying #notreallyTheJoker

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Dragon Quest 3 is the Final Fantasy 7 of Dragon Quest games though. It basically has to be Erdrick.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I can't wait to launch on September Fourth, just three days before Spider-Man. I'm sure I will sell well.
Doge.png

D

Deleted member

Damn, DQXI only sold 0.5M units in the West? That's sad.
To be fair, the last report I saw come Spawn Wave is a more updated one, but unfortunately the point does still stand.

D

Deleted member

Given how Dragon Quest 11 pays homage to Dragon Quest 3 in a big way, both are speculated to be in with Luminary as a costume or color alt. But yeah, Dragon Quest 3 is the daddy of the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
To be fair, the last report I saw come Spawn Wave is a more updated one, but unfortunately the point does still stand.

probably fair to say they're banking on erdrick's inclusion to do work in the west

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Well, I wanna try it when it comes to Switch.

My IRL friends can't stop praising it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
mind your business lol

Wait he is? I'm not up to date on Mike Tyson lore but that's unfortunate
He was convicted back in the early 90s. You're quite a bit behind on the lore. :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What series collection do you most want to see come to switch?

For me it's Metal Gear and Banjo-Kazooie.

I imagine many of you would get extreme use out of Castlevania and Final Fantasy Collections

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Personally I wouldn't even want Tyson associated with another game in the franchise due to being, you know, a convicted rapist.

It's undeniable that he's the main reason Punch-Out!! is so iconic in the west, but he's not a good dude.
Wait... what?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I imagine many of you would get extreme use out of Castlevania and Final Fantasy Collections
Not counting Castlevania and Contra...

Activision 2600 games

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Someone PM me lol
It’s another episode of ToasterBrains is ****ing Pissed and I’d like to talk about something else to take my mind off of it outside of this thread.

D

Deleted member

Good or bad, only one thing matters in the ring, brother

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
lol good luck

no stop you're challenging him

this can only end terribly
Why would Konami not release their previously made games on new systems. It is literally the EASIEST way to make money in the games industry. Porting isn't as difficult as making new titles.

Need I remind you of Super Bomberman R?

D

Deleted member

DQ series doesn't sell as well in the West as in Japan, but at least 2 of its entries have surpassed the million units in the west (VIII and IX). I advocate that the issue with DQ most of the time is advertisement rather than any other thing, it has a good potential of having decent sales.

Contra, which I will be happy if the remaining titles in the collection are the 2 Hard Corps, 4, and ReBirth.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

I'd love an excuse to play them beginning to end again from the comfort of my bed.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Bruh, did you know that the 3DS version outsold the PS4 one like 3 to 1 or something? Imagine what it'll be like when it comes to Switch.

Plus, I think Nintendo's marketing team is going to do gangbusters for it in the west. A game that big on Switch is definitely going to turn some heads...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why would Konami not release their previously made games on new systems. It is literally the EASIEST way to make money in the games industry. Porting isn't as difficult as making new titles.
If they want the "A Hideo Kojima game" ripped off of the ports, then maybe.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, he did his time, didn't he?
I mean yeah, but at the same time it's one of those crimes that justifiably leaves a black mark on a person's record for life, IMO. You can't really undo the damage done to the victim, after all.

Law vs morality, and all that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wanted to respond to a post and continue a conversation but it wouldn't let me. An error message popped up and said that the post could not be found. Then I refreshed the page and now I can't find it. What happened?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean yeah, but at the same time it's one of those crimes that justifiably leaves a black mark on a person's record for life, IMO. You can't really undo the damage done to the victim, after all.

Law vs morality, and all that.
But does the action forever make him a bad person as if he can never ever have learned the consequences of his actions and reform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom