• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just assume straight until implied otherwise. I'm not looking at the sexualities when I play these games, you know?

If you wanna gamble, you gotta put something up for grabs.

To be fair, it's canon that everyone survives in Marth's first game. After that, though, their lives are up for grabs in the sequel.
No it isn't, Frey ****ing died according to New Mystery of the Emblem when we all sacrificed Jagen because he's trash (Opopo don't read that bit just keep explaining Fire Emblem timelines)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Inside the box was nothing.

Nothing was in the box.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Back to the sexuality talk again, I see.

If you wanna gamble, you gotta put something up for grabs.
You can gamble without gambling something away, though. Like I said, I do this for fun. Throughout the entire ultimate cycle I kept making bets about what I thought was going to happen despite what the current zeitgeist may have been at the time- and being right felt pretty good as a result

It also gave me an opportunity to analyze the speculation community in this context as well, to use as a tool for speculation. As in, what patterns should be followed, why people are expecting one way, what may end up happening to cause a big upset, etc

D

Deleted member

I feel like the typical person in an action/comedy movie who finds a fight close to him and is just like “... That is strange”.

D

Deleted member

No it isn't, Frey ****ing died according to New Mystery of the Emblem when we all sacrificed Jagen because he's trash (Opopo don't read that bit just keep explaining Fire Emblem timelines)
Who says Frey/Jagen/Gordon didn't call his friend Shaggy to save him from the enemy onslaught?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gotta say i'm mighty curious as to why best buy had joker's render if nintendo wasn't planning on something this week

D

Deleted member

We still have the rest of the week when it comes to Direct news.

Also, didn’t we have to wait for some insiders to post a Reggie gif to look forward for a Direct reveal?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to shut down the topic but please keep it rational and civil. And don't personally call out the other users.

D

Deleted member

gotta say i'm mighty curious as to why best buy had joker's render if nintendo wasn't planning on something this week
Probably they have stuff for the whole month in general prepared.

The Direct would happen this month, so maybe they have some renders prepared already for April.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Why you talking to the Ghost Nazi
"points out the bully brigade's tendancy for shoving politics into everything perfectly aligning with fascist principles" "Still is the one who gets called a Fascist" "Still is a center right moderate libertarian" No wonder this thread is going down the toilet.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Nintendo probably sent them the model early. Remember, this is the same company that thought it was brilliant to have the number of characters on the box.

D

Deleted member

Everyone is gay until proven straight tbh
tbh any notion of every character is [sexuality] until proven otherwise is kinda harmful to ace ppl

i just roll with headcanons on a character by character basis unless it's shown or stated

D

Deleted member

You can gamble without gambling something away, though. Like I said, I do this for fun. Throughout the entire ultimate cycle I kept making bets about what I thought was going to happen despite what the current zeitgeist may have been at the time- and being right felt pretty good as a result

It also gave me an opportunity to analyze the speculation community in this context as well, to use as a tool for speculation. As in, what patterns should be followed, why people are expecting one way, what may end up happening to cause a big upset, etc
The definition of gambling implies you're betting something. The definition of bet implies you're risking something.

...Wait, there's an informal definition for the word bet? Uh... Ignore that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"points out the bully brigade's tendancy for shoving politics into everything perfectly aligning with fascist principles" "Still is the one who gets called a Fascist" "Still is a center right moderate libertarian" No wonder this thread is going down the toilet.
Okay I’m not going to comment on your mindset here but

You say the thread is going down the toilet as if this thread is actually a place of major importance to you to the point where you’re trying to take a platform and run for governor for it for something

It’s literally just a social thread on a message board about Super Smash Brothers- if you really believe the thread is getting worse and worse in quality, is it not prudent to just find something else to do than to try and fight whatever fight you’re trying to fight?

Like what, are you trying to replace someone’s principles with your own? Stand up for the rights of the thread’s little people?

I don’t understand your angle with acting like this thread’s quality is of personal and perhaps political importance to you.

D

Deleted member

We’ll just have to wait for the moment insiders start to post this gif:
C3E269DB-3A5F-443D-AE2E-2852F53E0DE9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom