• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How many Smash characters are gay in cannon? Like, have have been specifically stated as such.
Corrin does have a couple of same-sex marriage options so I’d assume that makes him/her bisexual.

Not exactly gay but LGBT nonetheless.

It’s only 9 in the morning! Why are y’all so sure?
This is the time Directs have almost always been announced in the past, I believe.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Eloquently put.

I don't see how a company can damage Smash by allowing their IP to be used in it. Konami also have serious PR issues but Castlevania, Metal Gear and Bomberman content in Smash very positively received.
It's not that it'd ruin Smash. I just dislike Overwatch because of the direction that Blizzard went with it. From gameplay changes like unnecessary nerfs to the stagnant story that hasn't moved at all for the past 3 years. If Tracer gets in then I'll buy her and play her, but it doesn't mean I'd be happy that Nintendo picked her. I'm regularly open about any character choices unless I have bad history with said character, which is why I feel this way about Tracer.

osby

Smash Obsessed
never forget

the final roast
I think we can stop bringing up this subject, it's been hours over it.

Luigi weared Peach dress and Mario weared various feminine outfit in odyssey, including Peach wedding dress.

Yet none of them weared one of Daisy outfit once.:yeahboi:
Maybe Daisy can start appearing in mainline Mario games again thanks to her Smash debut. :4pacman:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And then they pull a Wachowskis and it’s revealed that they were both trans all along and they just become the Mario sisters.
Oh god the Super Giana Sisters wasn't copyright infringement after all
CAUSE TRANS RIGHTS

ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

HUH!

DK!

DONKEY. KONG.

DK!

DONKEY KONG IS TRANS!
Still cannot ****ing believe a goddamn youtuber had composers, game developers and ****ing AOC in his stream. What a guy

D

Deleted member

So I've been thinking:
Let's say you're Brelooming
You've cooled down
You log on
Everyone is talking about what a ***** you are.

Thats not An encouraging environment to log back onto, so I suggest hakuna-ing the topic.

Unless you want him to Stay away forever, which... I don't see how ones opinions on PeTA affect their personality on Smashboards. Everyone still loves him, right?
if brelooming got that upset over people disagreeing with him he probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place

D

Deleted member

Interesting to see a talk about LGTB content in Nintendo games.

More so because the friend who celebrated his birthday today is part of that group.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
One thing I have to say in regards of this gay representation in Smash thing is that, while I’m not certain, I’m pretty sure the majority of the characters aren’t necessarily straight either.

I’m pretty sure the majority of the characters’ sexualities just haven’t been addressed at all.

I’d have to run through the roster to make sure though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
plot twist, No one remebers Daisy even exsists
Not even Daisy remember Daisy.

Talking of course about that Daisy.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...zeeCard.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20180103114750

She is named "Daisy" and not "Dayzee" in French, I swear.

Maybe Daisy can start appearing in mainline Mario games again thanks to her Smash debut. :4pacman:
Hey, joke aside, that be cool imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And then they pull a Wachowskis and it’s revealed that they were both trans all along and they just become the Mario sisters.
God it still makes me mad I only found out about the Wachowskis being trans sisters last semester due to a project because all these years I heard some bad **** about them that I now couldn't find evidence for so I'm now pretty sure those accusations were born out of transphobia

D

Deleted member

blame my thread speed blindness okay
:ultbayonetta: in a relationship with Jeanne
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: canon bi
:ultike: bi or gay there's no other way
:ultisabelle: canon bi
:ultpokemontrainerf: you should see the FRLG dialogue she gets from other trainers
:ultsamus: duh
:ultsnake: can't remember if he ever kissed a girl but either bi or gay much like Ike

This isn't to say I'm opposed to Tracer, in fact, I love OW so another lesbian with time powers would be great and I really think she would be an incredibly fun character
how you gonna forget :ultlink:

may not be explicitly stated but my mans totally at least partway gay have you seen how he dresses

D

Deleted member

Just finished chapter 5 of XC2

Holy ****
**** yea i love chapter 5

also this means you got zeke right?

put zenobia on him immediately

idc if it wastes an overdrive protocol she's super ****ing broken on him

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
God it still makes me mad I only found out about the Wachowskis being trans sisters last semester due to a project because all these years I heard some bad **** about them that I now couldn't find evidence for so I'm now pretty sure those accusations were born out of transphobia
Honestly though it's kind of hilarious how altright chuds constantly use their favourite term 'redpill' from the Matrix and it's a movie by transwomen which iirc was made with their struggle with transitioning as closeted transwomen

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The way one dresses has nothing to do with their sexuality

Please tell me you didn't suck dog d too
I'm not trying to start anything, I like you Shishoe, but that isn't really appropriate to say to a minor.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
:ultbayonetta: in a relationship with Jeanne
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: canon bi
:ultike: bi or gay there's no other way
:ultisabelle: canon bi
:ultpokemontrainerf: you should see the FRLG dialogue she gets from other trainers
:ultsamus: duh
:ultsnake: can't remember if he ever kissed a girl but either bi or gay much like Ike
:ultbayonetta: While I haven’t played Bayonetta 2, that’s definitley not the vibe I got from Bayonetta 1. I definitley see it much more as a sisterly rivalry relationship.

:ultike: At the most bi, given that he has a blood descendant in Awakening.

:ultsamus: Lack of a sexual relationship with a man doesn’t equal automatic lesbian. She’s just a loner due to her past, and her sexuality hasn’t been explored because it doesn’t need to be.

:ultpokemontrainerf: Just a stretch overall, I’m going to say.

While I’m all for more representation in Smash, I don’t think that stretching things like this is the way to go.

EDIT: Also not sure on :ultsnake:. Same as what I said for Samus, except him and Meryl were implied to be romantic in MGS1. Him and Otacon are just straight boy best friend goals honestly.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looking at some classic modes again and I'm laughing hard at Luigi canonically being scared of :ultgnw:.

D

Deleted member

One last thing I wanted to say regarding my friend Ben: he is the other person with glasses to the left of me in the picture I shared with some here.

He got completely happy when I gave him the cake and the book.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
:ultbayonetta: While I haven’t played Bayonetta 2, that’s definitley not the vibe I got from Bayonetta 1. I definitley see it much more as a sisterly rivalry relationship.

:ultsamus: Lack of a sexual relationship with a man doesn’t equal automatic lesbian. She’s just a loner due to her past, and her sexuality hasn’t been explored because it doesn’t need to be.

While I’m all for more representation in Smash, I don’t think that stretching things like this is the way to go.
Developers have said Bayonetta and Jeanne are friends with benefits, as in, they bang. The term 'sister' isn't used in the traditional meaning after all

D

Deleted member

Honestly though it's kind of hilarious how altright chuds constantly use their favourite term 'redpill' from the Matrix and it's a movie by transwomen which iirc was made with their struggle with transitioning as closeted transwomen
Honest to god I need to rewatch the Matrix again now so I can hopefully get all the subtext this time.
given that he has a blood descendant in Awakening.
Not this **** again

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Samus and the female trainer are definitely stretches. Samus' personality and character relies on her being a strong bounty hunter who is always alone to deal with her things. Of course the moment they introduce a man into it she becomes a wimp, so let's never do that again.

Female Pokemon Trainer is 10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom