• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
tbh any notion of every character is [sexuality] until proven otherwise is kinda harmful to ace ppl

i just roll with headcanons on a character by character basis unless it's shown or stated
its harmful to everyone. Im down for headcanons but Only time I'll correct anyone is if they try and make those headcanons canon. Thats when its gone a bit too far

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
D

Deleted member

god DAMN i cant wait to kick some *** with Joker
I will try to convince my parents to get the Fighter Pass when everyone is revealed.

I am currently saving my golden points for a character I want to death like Eight, Erdrick or Crash Bandicoot.

D

Deleted member

tbh any notion of every character is [sexuality] until proven otherwise is kinda harmful to ace ppl

i just roll with headcanons on a character by character basis unless it's shown or stated
Assume all my characters are LGBT unless I state otherwise

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hmmmm.

The fact that they updated the game purely for the Ken, Daisy and Yonk amiibo support gives me the feeling 3.0/Joker won't be coming until after the 12th. There's not really much point in updating the game to support them when they could have just done so with 3.0.

Beh.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, to talk about something else, what do you think of this sprite I made?
Version 2.0 The Red Titan 4.gif

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I will try to convince my parents to get the Fighter Pass when everyone is revealed.

I am currently saving my golden points for a character I want to death like Eight, Erdrick or Crash Bandicoot.
Yeah, Im buying everyone seperately. Unlike BBCTB who showed everyone that was in a pack, I dont wanna take a chance on Smash who leaves everyone a mystery

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just admit I’m always right, forever. It is, after all, the law of this land.
I refuse to accept this informal definition when it was made from ignorance of the definition.

I also refuse to accept any definition when it doesn't suit my point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just admit I’m always right, forever. It is, after all, the law of this land.
Honestly I have a ****ing talent because I was in the right SO goddamn hard in an argument an irl friend of mine left the ****ing group chat cause that ************ KNEW he had no answer to say back
I'm a Lovecraftian horror, broken free from the shackles of Lovecraft himself.
I was gonna go for 'sentient Astolfo bean' but go on

D

Deleted member

Hmmmm.

The fact that they updated the game purely for the Ken, Daisy and Yonk amiibo support gives me the feeling 3.0/Joker won't be coming until after the 12th. There's not really much point in updating the game to support them when they could have just done so with 3.0.

Beh.
Given how Joker is said to be released around late April, which would be around 3.0.0's release if Piranha Plant and 2.0.0 is anything to go by, then I think we're not playing the update for a couple weeks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As far as headcanons go, I think they’re fine. If your headcanon is that the characters are straight, more power to you. If they’re gay, by all means. If they’re ace, absolutely go for it.

My problem isn’t with headcanons as much as it is when people get toxic about their own or others’ headcanons

For instance, say shipper X ships character A and B together, yet the show places B and C into a relationship instead. Following that, X decides to post angry, vitriolic essays based on why the author is wrong.

Or, for instance, X comes across shipper Y’s uh... tumblr, I guess, and finds out they ship A with D! How dare they not agree with you- better send them a heaping handful of harmful anon messages!

Obviously this is the case for a very vocal minority of people- however it is, in my opinion, a huge problem and a reason why fandom activity is hard for me to participate in- these kinds of loud toxic people

Just let people do what they want, damn

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright, here's the prediction for me:

Persona 5 for Switch will be the P5S announcement on the 25th. That will be its own thing.

I think 3.0.0 will get its own mini-direct to cover everything in it. Which includes a Joker trailer, followed by a breakdown of his gameplay, then coverage of the new modes the update brings, which we all suspect are homerun contest and stage builder. We'll get a date for the update if it doesn't just come out immediately after the mini. The next newcomer will be announced at the end with no word on when they're coming out. I'd say this mini-direct happens in 2-3 weeks.

As for Prime Trilogy and A Link to the Past, I don't know where to put them. We could still get a general direct this month, I doubt it though. They may just be saved for E3.

D

Deleted member

Assume all my characters are LGBT unless I state otherwise
I think it's really good actually
It was a beautiful sunny day, birds were singing and the wind blew as smoothly as butter.
"Ah, my love...", Malos approached the tree. "You're even prettier today."
Sitting in one of the tree branches was Thanos Car, he blushed once he heard Malos's comments.
"Oh please, my dear.", he said. "The sun only shines today because of your smile."
"Come on, get down from there.", Malos extended his hand to Thanos Car. "We have much to do today."
Thanos Car held his hand in return and got down from the tree.
"So, what will we do today, my sunshine?", Thanos Car asked.
"Well...", Malos kissed Thanos Car on the cheek, he blushed even harder than before. "Let's start it simply: just me and you, wherever we want to go."
I should be writing an assignment but instead here I am
sketch-1554301211705.png

i am so proud of this community

D

Deleted member

I've seen a selfie from Schnee and I can confirm it is impossible for the mortal brains in this thread to process their true form

D

Deleted member

As far as headcanons go, I think they’re fine. If your headcanon is that the characters are straight, more power to you. If they’re gay, by all means. If they’re ace, absolutely go for it.

My problem isn’t with headcanons as much as it is when people get toxic about their own or others’ headcanons

For instance, say shipper X ships character A and B together, yet the show places B and C into a relationship instead. Following that, X decides to post angry, vitriolic essays based on why the author is wrong.

Or, for instance, X comes across shipper Y’s uh... tumblr, I guess, and finds out they ship A with D! How dare they not agree with you- better send them a heaping handful of harmful anon messages!

Obviously this is the case for a very vocal minority of people- however it is, in my opinion, a huge problem and a reason why fandom activity is hard for me to participate in- these kinds of loud toxic people

But my headcanon says you're wrong, Toaster.

/s

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Given how Joker is said to be released around late April, which would be around 3.0.0's release if Piranha Plant and 2.0.0 is anything to go by, then I think we're not playing the update for a couple weeks.
No one said late April. They just said before the end of April. I.E. anytime before April 31st.

But regardless, could be the case at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No one said late April. They just said before the end of April. I.E. anytime before April 31st.
Hmmm. I would imagine if they're setting the absolute latest deadline before the end of April, it means it will take until late April.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
btw I realized I never shared my thoughts here on the best buy Direct.
I don't want to believe it because I've been burned on a promise of Prime getting a Switch port before
Persona 5 is eh, maybe make it actually good and we'll talk
I'm starting to get burned out by Zelda remakes, Link between Worlds was only about 5 years ago right?

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I don't want to believe it because I've been burned on a promise of Prime getting a Switch port before
I'm starting to get burned out by Zelda remakes, Link between Worlds was only about 5 years ago right?
I just want my Four Swords Adventures rerelease.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately most communities I frequent haven't gotten that note
79f4357f-1936-4c6c-8f30-9ddcbdde2afd.png

im so ****ing tired of MHA shippers tbh
View attachment 204173
i am so proud of this community
Thanos Car canon gay
Malos canon bi

D

Deleted member

Some people theorized that maybe Link To The Past will be released alongside Awakening for a single cartridge.

Kinda like a N.Sane Trilogy deal or close.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
anyway here’s my self insert fanfic where I ship myself with every waifu

If you don’t like it then why don’t you commit log off and cry, babies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom