• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
An online store named Best Buy seemingly revealed Persona 5, A Link to the Past and Metroid Prime trilogy for Nintendo Switch early than they should. It's likely this indicates a Direct in near future.
I have a Best Buy down the street from my apartment so it’s weird to hear you refer to it as “an online store named Best Buy”

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, doods.

Just gonna say I've been enoying my time here, lots of wacky stuff, lots of memes, etc.

You're a bunch of cool lads to the point tagging y'all would be a gargantuan task.

I suck at compliments so I'll keep it simple:

You are pretty damn cool and I hope that I managed to bring at least one laugh to all of ya.

D

Deleted member

An online store named Best Buy seemingly revealed Persona 5, A Link to the Past and Metroid Prime trilogy for Nintendo Switch early than they should. It's likely this indicates a Direct in near future.
METROID PRIME TRILOGY!?
God, let this leak end up being real please.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'd like to help, but I'm not sure how. I do have a spare computer, but I couldn't part with it without a return of investment.

Have you honestly considered a GoFundMe or something like that? I'm not the biggest fan of those crowd sourcing things but you're a likeable person. I'm sure there are people who would donate small contributions to getting you the materials you need.
:') It's okay, thank you, still!

Um...I am not sure...I made a Ko-fi since friends suggested me, but, honest to God, I just don't feel right to ask for "donations". I had never done such thing. :( I would apreciate it, don't get me wrong, but...it is an alien concept to me. I don't want to feel I am getting money while I cannot give something in return.

You could use a bit of cash to get a small scanner, no manner how cheap it is, and start from there.

That's what I do, I use a scanner that probably is from the 90s, a dumpster laptop and online software to make the lines look cleaner and stuff.

The difference is that you are at a pretty high artistic level and your work will be able to generate earnings without any problem :p
T w T Pero preste la mayoria de mis ahorros...tengo poquito en comoparacion, y no se si a mi lap le van a salir mas detalles!

T u T Thank you, thank you ...but I know you will too sooner than you think! At least you are going for it!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a Best Buy down the street from my apartment so it’s weird to hear you refer to it as “an online store named Best Buy”
I was just going to say "store", but a regular store leaking stuff sounds like a plumbing problem.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Same.

I have like 3 or 4 in my immediate area.

It's cool Nintendo is letting them host Nintendo Directs now though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 204129

Excellent usage of Ace Attorney gifs, my good man.
Likewise to you.
nahyuta ok hand.gif

He has by far the best "opening notes" and "closing notes" animation, and I love using it when I'm about to go on long tangents.

Yo, doods.

Just gonna say I've been enoying my time here, lots of wacky stuff, lots of memes, etc.

You're a bunch of cool lads to the point tagging y'all would be a gargantuan task.

You are pretty damn cool and I hope that I managed to bring at least one laugh to all of ya.
You've provided nothing but nonstop chuckles for me, personally.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know, I miss shopping at Best Buy. I basically only went for the Gamers Club 20% off, but the online preorder setup and dedicated customer pickup area made it a hassle-free breeze.

But they don't do night-of releases and their used games aren't exactly plentiful or well kept. So if there's no discount, back to GameStop I go.

.....but damn was collecting amiibo easier when they were all 20% cheaper.

D

Deleted member

:') It's okay, thank you, still!

Um...I am not sure...I made a Ko-fi since friends suggested me, but, honest to God, I just don't feel right to ask for "donations". I had never done such thing. :( I would apreciate it, don't get me wrong, but...it is an alien concept to me. I don't want to feel I am getting money while I cannot give something in return.

T w T Pero preste la mayoria de mis ahorros...tengo poquito en comoparacion, y no se si a mi lap le van a salir mas detalles!

T u T Thank you, thank you ...but I know you will too sooner than you think! At least you are going for it!
Maybe a bit unrelated, but its nice to see another Spanish speaker here.

Dunno about your Laptop, but if you have friends in IT maybe they can help you at least giving it a quick check.

Yo, doods.

Haven't been here for a long time, but I feel you're one of the funniest people here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But Alice.
It is 9.09 AM here and I must be at high school because of that.

I can't sleep.
Then sleep at school, obviously.

What, you aren't a anime protagonist? :V

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was just going to say "store", but a regular store leaking stuff sounds like a plumbing problem.
They did have a plumbing problem.

That's why :ultmario: is hanging out there now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Interesting...

Are there any other Persona characters with a pony tail? Even from different games?

Certainly.
Ahem

Here are the "just the facts"

1. Datamine reveals a codename attached to one of Jack's (who we assume is Joker) costumes. The codename is labeled "Jane," an effeminate spelling of Jack, and has an indicator for "ponytail physics."
  2. Persona 5 R is teased, a game expanding the Persona 5 universe, one that will use the Persona 5 engine unlike the Persona Q series.
  3. Persona 5 Royal is officially announced, showing a brand new female character. This new female character also has a ponytail coinciding with the datamine. She is interviewed by Akechi in a similar way Joker is in the game.

Whether this is an indicator of a female protagonist option, an additional protagonist to the story, or just a coincidence is currently unknown at the moment.
I miss using Ace Attorney characters for arguments.

We should do it more often.

Shroob

Sup?
Interesting...

Are there any other Persona characters with a pony tail? Even from different games?

Probably one that I can't think of, but none of them are named Jane, nor would they make any sense to be one of Joker's alternate costumes.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Point_left_casual_holmes.gif

Certainly. I more than agree.

It reminds me of this one forum I was on a long time ago. Every so often, they'd play this game where they'd come up with a random, Ace Attorney styled "case", where one user, chosen at random, was accused of murder. And then we'd each choose a role (defense, prosecution, witness, etc), a character to represent us by, and then we'd act out the case.

Sounds complicated, but it was real fun.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Interesting...

nahyuta ok hand talking.gif

There are in fact.
Coincidentally, the previous and currently only optional female protagonist from Persona 3 also has a short ponytail and exists in non-canon limbo.

However, it's extremely unlikely "Jane" is referring to her for a multitude of reasons, biggest one being...

Nintendo probably does not want to show children this.

Also there's these relatively unimportant girls:
But let's just say due to some certain plot events, it would be very difficult for any of them to be doing phantom thief related activities.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So if anyone wants to think with me, I'll make a thread later.

The prelimenary roster for my Xenoblade Fighting game.
Most characters have "Support characters" who are in the background and are mostly Just part of their moveset.
XC1:
Shulk
Dunban
Riki
Fiora (Face Nemesis)
Melia
Reyn
Sharla (Jade Face)
Zanza (Arglas)
Mumkhar (Metal Face)
Dickson
Lorithia (Kalian)

XCX:
Elma (Skell)
Lyn (Skell)
Ga-Jiarg (Ga-Buidhe)
Goetia (Almandal)
Nagi (Jack Vandham)
Lao (Chimera)
Ryyz (Zu Pharg)
Dagahn
Celica (Rock)
Yelv

XC2:
Rex (Pyra and Mythra)
Pneuma (Ophion)
Nia (Dromarch)
Tora (Poppi)
Morag (Brighid)
Zeke (Pandoria)
Vandham (Roc)
Malos (Aion)
Jin
Akhos (Obrona)
Praxis (Theory)

TGC:
Lora (Haze)
Addam (Minoth)
Hugo (Aegeon)

Other:
Kos-Mos
T-Elos

Give any input you'd like

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also somewhat relevant:

Please, Capcom every day the temptation to just watch a lets-play of the game rises.
You don't even have to call Sherlock Holmes that, just make something up.
pleaaaaaaaaaase.

Shroob

Sup?
There's only 4 things I can think of when it comes to "Jane's" identity:

1# It's P5R girl, the boring pick, but the most logically sound one.

2# It's a new costume for Joker from P5R that we've yet to see, which, can't really be proven nor disproven.

3# It's Joker's crossdressing outfit, but that DOES NOT have a ponytail, and I highly doubt Nintendo would put that in to begin with.

4# It's a red herring left in by the devs, which I find highly unlikely now that we've seen the P5R girl.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
View attachment 204133

Certainly. I more than agree.

It reminds me of this one forum I was on a long time ago. Every so often, they'd play this game where they'd come up with a random, Ace Attorney styled "case", where one user, chosen at random, was accused of murder. And then we'd each choose a role (defense, prosecution, witness, etc), a character to represent us by, and then we'd act out the case.

Sounds complicated, but it was real fun.
How did the part go where you spend an hour going around rooms you've visited poking stuff to try and trigger the next scene before giving up and checking a wiki?

Shroob

Sup?
Also somewhat relevant:

Please, Capcom every day the temptation to just watch a lets-play of the game rises.
pleaaaaaaaaaase.
Is there some copyright mumbo jumbo around Sherlock Holmes or something?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
There's only 4 things I can think of when it comes to "Jane's" identity:

1# It's P5R girl, the boring pick, but the most logically sound one.

2# It's a new costume for Joker from P5R that we've yet to see, which, can't really be proven nor disproven.

3# It's Joker's crossdressing outfit, but that DOES NOT have a ponytail, and I highly doubt Nintendo would put that in to begin with.

4# It's a red herring left in by the devs, which I find highly unlikely now that we've seen the P5R girl.
essentially, we're at a point where every theory bar 'it's P5R girl' involves some pretty big leaps in logic

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So if anyone wants to think with me, I'll make a thread later.

The prelimenary roster for my Xenoblade Fighting game.
Most characters have "Support characters" who are in the background and are mostly Just part of their moveset.
XC1:
Shulk
Dunban
Riki
Fiora (Face Nemesis)
Melia
Reyn
Sharla (Jade Face)
Zanza (Arglas)
Mumkhar (Metal Face)
Dickson
Lorithia (Kalian)

XCX:
Elma (Skell)
Lyn (Skell)
Ga-Jiarg (Ga-Buidhe)
Goetia (Almandal)
Nagi (Jack Vandham)
Lao (Chimera)
Ryyz (Zu Pharg)
Dagahn
Celica (Rock)
Yelv

XC2:
Rex (Pyra and Mythra)
Pneuma (Ophion)
Nia (Dromarch)
Tora (Poppi)
Morag (Brighid)
Zeke (Pandoria)
Vandham (Roc)
Malos (Aion)
Jin
Akhos (Obrona)
Praxis (Theory)

TGC:
Lora (Haze)
Addam (Minoth)
Hugo (Aegeon)

Other:
Kos-Mos
T-Elos

Give any input you'd like
Dude...

Jade Face
isn't
Sharla!!!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also somewhat relevant:

pleaaaaaaaaaase.
First off, Sherlock Holmes isn't actually the problem. The character himself has long been public domain in the US. The problem is that some of the cases are based off of the stories of Sherlock Holmes, some of which (unfortunately including ones referenced in DGS) are NOT public domain. So, Capcom's hands are totally tied. No way to localize DGS unless they either wait for the stories to become public domain, or probably pay obscene amounts of cash to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's estate.

Second, just play the fan translation! It's not that hard to hack a 3DS (I could help teach you, if you want), and the DGS1 fan translation just got 100% complete the other day.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is there some copyright mumbo jumbo around Sherlock Holmes or something?
Yeah, basically, Sherlock costs a **** ton if you want the "full package."

In fact, it's probably why Maurice Leblanc's unofficial Sherlock Holmes continuation (what is essentially fanfiction) had to use "Herlock Sholmes" as the detective's name.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
essentially, we're at a point where every theory bar 'it's P5R girl' involves some pretty big leaps in logic
To be fair, leaps in logic are what we do here.

I still think it's Jill. She had a ponytail.

Shroob

Sup?
First off, Sherlock Holmes isn't actually the problem. The character himself has long been public domain in the US. The problem is that some of the cases are based off of the stories of Sherlock Holmes, some of which (unfortunately including ones referenced in DGS) are NOT public domain. So, Capcom's hands are totally tied. No way to localize DGS unless they either wait for the stories to become public domain, or probably pay obscene amounts of cash to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's estate.

Second, just play the fan translation! It's not that hard to hack a 3DS (I could help teach you, if you want), and the DGS1 fan translation just got 100% complete the other day.
If you know, may I ask which cases aren't public domain?

Fate/Grand Order has both Holmes and Moriarty as characters in it and there's never been any legal issues despite a lot of references to various stories.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How did the part go where you spend an hour going around rooms you've visited poking stuff to try and trigger the next scene before giving up and checking a wiki?
We were trial-only chapters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah I heard about that. The only issue is that I have no idea how to hack a 3DS and might not have the time or materials to do it. Of course I could just emulate it, but I'm not sure how far that's come yet.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah I heard about that. The only issue is that I have no idea how to hack a 3DS and might not have the time or materials to do it. Of course I could just emulate it, but I'm not sure how far that's come yet.
It's a time investment, I grant you, but you don't need any special materials. Just a way to get to your 3DS' SD card. The hack runs entirely off the SD card, so there's no risk of bricking your 3DS.

If you know, may I ask which cases aren't public domain?

Fate/Grand Order has both Holmes and Moriarty as characters in it and there's never been any legal issues despite a lot of references to various stories.
Well, first, there's "The Adventure of The Three Garridebs", which is referenced in case 4 of DGS1, but that actually becomes public domain sometime this year.

There's "The Adventure of the Lion's Mane", referenced in the same case, which doesn't become public domain until 2021.

And then there's "The Adventure of The Veiled Lodger", which doesn't become public domain until 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom