• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Metroid Prime Trilogy has been Nintendo's worst kept secret since September with people like Spawn Wave and Vergeben openly talking about it.

Persona 5 Switch has been rumored to be happening.

Joker's 'never before seen' render goes up.

It just seems like there's too many coincidences when you take a step back.

My only guess is Nintendo sent Best Buy stuff that they'd need to promote for this week but someone didn't get the memo as to 'when' they should post it.

If there's nothing then I have no ****ing idea. I refuse to believe that a megacorp like Best Buy would 'troll' random people on the internet, there's zero logic to that.

D

Deleted member

Hi guys welcome to part of one of my hunger games paint drying simulator
Who cares it's a ****ing paint drying simulator
PSYCH IT'S BUCK BUMBLOVANIA
View attachment 204113

Sunny Yellow was the frontrunner for the entire thing, but Sickly Green came out of nowhere to tie for first. Greeny Yellow and Reddy Brown took their sweet *** time. It goes in intervals of 15 minutes, so this took a solid 3 minutes of clicking to get through.
Thank you for this Buck Bumble makes anything it touches better. BUCK BUMBLE BROS UNITE!

Also I'm starting to warm up to Erdrick he can be cool and unique, Sure I would prefer Geno over him 100% of the time but I think Erdrick would be cool. I hope we could get both!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All I’m saying is that I’m gonna default dance over everyone cause I was the one who kept going “it’s gonna happen this or next week”

What?

But I love Bana.

He's such a slimeball.
Well, I like him more than Tora...
ah don’t make me think about it too hard lmao

Oops double post

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
All I’m saying is that I’m gonna default dance over everyone cause I was the one who kept going “it’s gonna happen this or next week”
If a Direct announcement happens tomorrow, you will certainly have earned that right.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Welp, time for me to head off to bed.

Before I go, I'd like to point DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon towards Pokémon Crystal Clear by Shockslayer, a pretty cool Pokémon Crystal Rom Hack that makes the game open world.

The game is pretty hard to find (Shockslayer closed the site he posted it on and moved to Discord), but it's well worth looking into.

The system it uses isn't perfect (Trainers scale to your Badge count, but wild encounters don't), but it makes for a refreshing jaunt through Kanto and Johto since the maps have been slightly altered or routes have been opened to allow you to go anywhere you want

Examples include:
  1. You can start from Pallet Town or New Bark Town (and there's a frankly ridiculous number of Starters to choose from)
  2. The Route between Ecruteak and Mahogany has had land bridges added so you don't need Surf to get between them
  3. The Ferry and Train Systems are always open, and the number of locations the ferry takes you to has been increased
  4. Some of the ledges blocking your way from Cerulean back to Pewter and New Bark to Blackthorn have been removed
  5. The tree stopping you from going through Diglett's Cave is gone
Just some words of warning, though
  1. The story had to be removed to make the Open World nature of the game work.
  2. Don't bother trying to take on Sprout Tower when you would be "supposed to", it's now a mid-game dungeon at best (i.e. the Trainer levels are in their 40s regardless of Badge Count), I think the same applies to the Slowpoke Well.
  3. The Elite Four are massively overlevelled, like, jesus,. (They have Level 70-80 Pokémon or something, even if you've only gotten 8 badges and are about Level 40, every E4 member has a unique theme though, which is pretty neat).
And now, I go.

By the way, TPC, tag me if you start the DGRP simulator while I'm not here, k?
I'm already doing Sacred Gold for the Challenge Mode Generationlocke.

Part 4 is almost finished (I just need to complete the Dragon's Den to get Clair's gym badge). Lots of deaths this time (10), and lots of tragedy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If a Direct announcement happens tomorrow, you will certainly have earned that right.
Well now that you’ve said that it’s not going to happen :(

Remember kids, make sure you push the blame on someone else if you get your predictions wrong. It’s classic propheting!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fans asking Nintendo a Direct or any other bit of info, 2019, colorized.

Shroob

Sup?
Now as for an actual PATCH?

I don't think it's coming this week.

If there's a Direct tomorrow I DEFINITELY believe that we'll get all the Smash news that we've been itching for for awhile, but I don't see the patch happening this week, you'd think they'd have saved the mini patch that happened today otherwise.

My 'guess' as to how everything will go down, best case scenario:

Direct announced tomorrow/today
We get roughly 10~mins of Smash news going over 3.0
Talks about the fabled new modes and Joker
Reveal of whoever Brave is "Launching during E3"
And a release date for mid-April as to when the patch will go live.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I am slightly considering temporarily changing my name to Pyra just for the sake of theme
But I’d be stuck with it for a while so maybe not lol

Hm... yes... a spongebob video... this bodes well for the directs chances, I’d say. The stars have aligned a little more precise now... I’d say, based on your post, we have a 98% chance of an announcement at 11am Eastern, about 8 hours from now...

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're just talking about this month, but it feels exactly like this whenever we talk about potential news.

Well now that you’ve said that it’s not going to happen :(

Remember kids, make sure you push the blame on someone else if you get your predictions wrong. It’s classic propheting!
If something isn't disprovable, it's not real, Science 101

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You're just talking about this month, but it feels exactly like this whenever we talk about potential news.

If something isn't disprovable, it's not real, Science 101
You can’t disprove the fact that ur a robot and the real you is in purgatory right now

checkmate mods

D

Deleted member

Why some fans are like "Dragon Quest is too niche in West, don't add Erdrick" and "add a Mother character for celebrating Western release of Mother 3" at the same time?
I think it's just that people think what they want to think disregarding the obvious holes in their logic. I'll even take myself as an example look at my Geno Essay it's riddled with obvious holes and contradictions so people want to think what they want to think regardless of if it makes sense or not.

Which is why I don't think we're getting a Mother 3 rep cause 1) I doubt Mother 3 is coming anytime soon 2) Sakurai himself said that if he knew Mother 3 was going to be a Japan-Only game he wouldn't have added Lucas and 3) I doubt Nintendo would care to advertise it even if it did come to America besides it being mentioned in a Direct a few times and whatnot.

Either way I don't think we're getting a Mother 3 rep and if we did it likely wouldn't be my man Duster instead it would probably be Porky or Masked Man.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I am slightly considering temporarily changing my name to Pyra just for the sake of theme
But I’d be stuck with it for a while so maybe not lol
You can't stop being ToasterBrains. It'd mess with the natural order of the universe.

Shroob

Sup?
Really, I'll just be happy when the Brave debates are over.

Character speculation is fun.

Terrible hole-ridden logic and fanbases being spiteful towards one another because it's almost assuredly a 3rd party character and there-can-be-only-one in?

That's not so fun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really, I'll just be happy when the Brave debates are over.

Character speculation is fun.

Terrible hole-ridden logic and fanbases being spiteful towards one another because it's almost assuredly a 3rd party character and there-can-be-only-one in?

That's not so fun.
He thinks it'll stop after Brave.

What a maroon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Robot" is derived from the Latin word "labor", meaning "workers". I never work.

Checkmate.
You can pick apart semantics and etymology all you want, you know full well what a robot is, robot

Also- implying people can’t build lazy robots

Shroob

Sup?
He thinks it'll stop after Brave.

What a maroon.
Oh I know.

But until datamines find whoever the **** the next 3 are gonna be, there's gonna be a moment of reprieve.

The only reason people are 'this' venomous right now is because it's almost assuredly a Square character, and certain fanbases are more desperate than others for their last shot.

D

Deleted member

At this point I'm just curious on if we're getting a Season 2 or not as we can take a good and educated guess that Erdrick and Steve/Banjo will get in which leaves us with only two completely unknown characters meanwhile a Season 2 is fair game to the point that even Assist Upgrades might be possible.

So it's open season for a Season 2 and Geno might get in!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope the next code word is “sword” either in English or Japanese or “shounen”

Or “jump” cause it opens up some room for salt and also is vague enough it could mean several different things. Like mr Jumpman himself!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it's just that people think what they want to think disregarding the obvious holes in their logic. I'll even take myself as an example look at my Geno Essay it's riddled with obvious holes and contradictions so people want to think what they want to think regardless of if it makes sense or not.

Which is why I don't think we're getting a Mother 3 rep cause 1) I doubt Mother 3 is coming anytime soon 2) Sakurai himself said that if he knew Mother 3 was going to be a Japan-Only game he wouldn't have added Lucas and 3) I doubt Nintendo would care to advertise it even if it did come to America besides it being mentioned in a Direct a few times and whatnot.

Either way I don't think we're getting a Mother 3 rep and if we did it likely wouldn't be my man Duster instead it would probably be Porky or Masked Man.
My main problem with that argument is Mother 3 being an already released game and already having a character in Smash. It's like adding Corrin first and then adding Azura for the English release of the game.

Oh I know.

But until datamines find whoever the **** the next 3 are gonna be, there's gonna be a moment of reprieve.

The only reason people are 'this' venomous right now is because it's almost assuredly a Square character, and certain fanbases are more desperate than others for their last shot.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think things will get uglier after the fourth reveal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Or “jump” cause it opens up some room for salt and also is vague enough it could mean several different things. Like mr Jumpman himself!
The internet will explode if that's the case.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hope not. Mario deserves to be more than just a DLC character, I'd rather get him in the base roster of the next game.

Shroob

Sup?
My main problem with that argument is Mother 3 being an already released game and already having a character in Smash. It's like adding Corrin first and then adding Azura for the English release of the game.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think things will get uglier after the fourth reveal.
The fourth reveal will become the end of the community as we know it.

Fanbases will go at each other with a thirst of blood.

Brother against brother, sister against sister.

Violence and riots in the street.

And one asshole still asking for Goku in the middle of it all.

It will be glorious.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The next character will be code named: "Character"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Watch it be “determination” but instead of the obvious, it actually stands for “Unbreakable Determination” for Ryu Hayabusa.

The next character will be code named: "Character"
Or “Fighter”

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The fourth reveal will become the end of the community as we know it.

Fanbases will go at each other with a thirst of blood.

Brother against brother, sister against sister.

Violence and riots in the street.

And one ******* still asking for Goku in the middle of it all.

It will be glorious.
You forgot about the people who claim we'll definitely get two more Fighter Passes because otherwise would be a business suicide.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I was just wondering if anyone was datamining the update yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom