• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh I know.

But until datamines find whoever the **** the next 3 are gonna be, there's gonna be a moment of reprieve.

The only reason people are 'this' venomous right now is because it's almost assuredly a Square character, and certain fanbases are more desperate than others for their last shot.
Yeah a lot of the Support threads surrounding Square Characters are super heated though I can't necessarily blame them.

Look at the Geno Support Thread I and them are very desperate as most of the fans have waited a Decade and with the other two most wanted newcomers getting in and it seeming to be Geno's one final hurrah I can't blame them. They and I just want our Character back.

Shroob

Sup?
3.0's going to be a 'very' interesting time, especially considering we only just recently got stuff like 'Jane' found out a solid month and a half after 2.0 came out.

In a way, I really hope the team realizes not to be a dumbass with this patch, but I know that they're going to forget to scrub a single line of code somewhere that gives a clue as to whoever the next character will be.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah a lot of the Support threads surrounding Square Characters are super heated though I can't necessarily blame them.

Look at the Geno Support Thread I and them are very desperate as most of the fans have waited a Decade and with the other two most wanted newcomers getting in and it seeming to be Geno's one final hurrah I can't blame them. They and I just want our Character back.
I think now is a good time to remember it's just a game. A game that everyone here is rightfully passionate about, but nobody's happiness should depend on a character's inclusion to a fighting game.

I know it's easy to talk big for me, since I already got Persona, but keeping an open-mind about the characters you don't support does wonders to your mood.

D

Deleted member

I think now is a good time to remember it's just a game. A game that everyone here is rightfully passionate about, but nobody's happiness should depend on a character's inclusion to a fighting game.

I know it's easy to talk big for me, since I already got Persona, but keeping an open-mind about the characters you don't support does wonders to your mood.
I think most of the Geno fans myself included think of Geno's inclusion as bigger than just getting into Smash and hope that it someday revitalizes one of if not our Favorite Mario Character!

Without Smash it's practically guaranteed that he won't appear in the Mario Series and so we push for Geno to get into the game in order to bring him back into relevancy and in turn bringing him back into the Mario Universe.

I agree that people shouldn't get too attached to a Video Game Character though and I'm working on that, It's just that some people and fanbases think of it bigger than that like the Geno, Banjo and Isaac fanbases.

I agree though.

Shroob

Sup?
Hot take:

A 'lot' of people probably don't even care who the supposed Square rep is, they just hate the idea that someone like Vergeben leaked it and it's been public knowledge for so long.

Same thing happened to Incineroar, really.

I don't even 'like' Vergeben, but it's pretty obvious that the community really doesn't like the idea that "Leakers know things that I don't", so a lot of the time they either blow it off as "guesses" or "They don't actually know anything", until it happens.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In that case I'm claiming Xenoblade Fighting game
The only problem I see with that would be the Blade System considering everyone has both their own blade and on top of that they can switch attacking and supportive roles.

Anyway, day one Shulk main.

Hot take:

A 'lot' of people probably don't even care who the supposed Square rep is, they just hate the idea that someone like Vergeben leaked it and it's been public knowledge for so long.

I don't even 'like' Vergeben, but it's pretty obvious that the community really doesn't like the idea that "Leakers know things that I don't", so a lot of the time they either blow it off as "guesses" or "They don't actually know anything", until it happens.
Yeah a lot of people are really out to "kill the leakers' credibility" which fuels them more than normal speculation.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
The only problem I see with that would be the Blade System considering everyone has both their own blade and on top of that they can switch attacking and supportive roles.

Anyway, day one Shulk main.
I have some seriously epic ideas about that!

The concept is of "Support characters" where drivers who have no weapons of themselves (most of them) along with some other characters get someone in the background who is part of their moveset.

Some other playable characters can just remain playable Fighters in their own right.

This way, certain villains from Xeno1 can be properly represented:
Mumkhar with Metal Face as support.
Egil with Yaldabaoth
Fiora with Silver Face
Sharla with Jade Face

Will be working on le roster in a minute

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually.

Could someone give me a lowdown on "Jane?"

Shroob

Sup?
"Guys, there's no Incineroar on that leak."

"Guys, please, we haven't been wrong yet, please trust us on this."

"Guys, we know for a fact that Incineroar's in the game..."

"NUH UH THERE'S GOING TO BE AN ENTIRE SEVEN MORE REVEALS IN THE LAST DIRECT AND INCINEROAR IS L-E-A-K-B-A-I-T."

Like, I don't even 'know' if Erdrick is in or not, but for the love all all that is good and evil, can we stop with the 'lucky guess' **** if it is?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Sword"
"Shounen"
"Jump"
"Character"
"Determination"
"Fighter"

Any other takers?
Okay in order those are:

Heihachi Mishima (it’s meant to be ironic as he doesn’t use a sword- however he is known to be quite powerful so it doubles as an allusion to his offensive capabilities- if shield was also mentioned for his fortitude it would be too on the nose with the new Pokémon gen)

Sackboy (shounen just means “boy” or “young boy”.)

Captain Toad (a master of jumping)

Sans Undertale (whose name is based on a font, which is the base style in which a character may appear as a typeface)

Duke Nukem (Forever came out after a long time- it’s like he was determined to surface no matter what the damage to the quality of his game was)

Android 21 (this one is rather straightforward- she is a character who originated in a video game called “fighterz”!)

D

Deleted member

My main problem with that argument is Mother 3 being an already released game and already having a character in Smash. It's like adding Corrin first and then adding Azura for the English release of the game.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think things will get uglier after the fourth reveal.
It will get fairly ugly depending on how many of the anticipated characters, if any, haven't gotten in. If there's no MS rep revealed at E3, I feel things will become pretty heated here.
Hot take:

I feel its more that people fear of the possibilities that whatever the leakers say eventually becomes true. So they just act like morons trying to crap on them at every turn in hopes that whatever they are saying doesn't become true.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Shroob

Sup?
Actually.

tl;dr

Dataminers find a couple of Joker's alt costumes listed as "Jane" instead of "Jack" and that they have a physics bone for a ponytail as part of the model.

Then P5R showed off this redhead that Smashboards has been lusting over, and she has a ponytail.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Guys, there's no Incineroar on that leak."

"Guys, please, we haven't been wrong yet, please trust us on this."

"Guys, we know for a fact that Incineroar's in the game..."

"NUH UH THERE'S GOING TO BE AN ENTIRE SEVEN MORE REVEALS IN THE LAST DIRECT AND INCINEROAR IS L-E-A-K-B-A-I-T."

Like, I don't even 'know' if Erdrick is in or not, but for the love all all that is good and evil, can we stop with the 'lucky guess' **** if it is?
What threw you into a rant at this time of year at this time of day in this part of the smashboards localized entirely within your posts

Because like.. I know it’s hard to accept the fact that incineroar was leakbait and all the insiders are just leading everyone on always because it helps marketing, but that’s just how it be on this ***** of an earth

It is 4 am and I’m delirious

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Actually.

joker has a number of alternate skins within his files with the designation 'jane', which is a unique model that specifically has rigging for a ponytail bone - its first discovery a month or so ago led to speculation that P5R would be introducing a female protagonist featuring in smash.

then P5 the Royal came along and confirmed the existence of a new female character (see my avatar) who just happens to have a ponytail. it's not outright stated to be female joker or anything (in fact they seem to be playing up the mystery by having her seem to dislike the phantom thieves) but with the smash datamine of joker it seems very likely that she's the one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
tl;dr

Dataminers find a couple of Joker's alt costumes listed as "Jane" instead of "Jack" and that they have a physics bone for a ponytail as part of the model.

Then P5R showed off this redhead that Smashboards has been lusting over, and she has a ponytail.
There a non TLDR version?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Actually.

Roughly: Someone found a alt in Joker's files named "jane" and apparently has codes for a ponytail. Fast forward P5R reveal, we have a ponytailed girl who might be the female Joker.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
did we, er

did we mention bestbuy ****ing it up again?

View attachment 204126
It's what we've been talking about for the past 12 hours, actually. Best Buy is gonna feel it tomorrow...

Actually.

Certainly.
Ahem

Here are "just the facts"
nahyuta scroll.gif

1. Datamines reveal a codename attached to one of Jack's (who we assume is Joker) costumes. The codename is labeled "Jane," an effeminate spelling of Jack, and has an indicator for "ponytail physics."
  2. Persona 5 R is teased, a game expanding the Persona 5 universe, one that will use the Persona 5 engine unlike the Persona Q series.
  3. Persona 5 Royal is officially announced, showing a brand new female character. This new unnamed female character with dark red hair and a red ribbon in her hair also has a ponytail coinciding with the datamine. She is interviewed by Akechi in a similar way Joker is at one point in the game. Her dialogue is wholly different however, being anti-Phantom Thieves.
Nahyuta scroll 2.gif

Whether this is an indicator of a female protagonist option, an additional protagonist to the story, unfinished data, or just a huge coincidence is currently unknown at the moment.

Side note: Best Buy has reportedly leaked the official render of Joker as well as multiple games including Persona 5 Switch, a potential leak of the recently teased Persona 5 S, but this is currently unrelated to "Jane"

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There a non TLDR version?
That's really it.

Dataminers realize some of the Jack alt costumes are listed as Jane and that they have an additional bone specifically for a ponytail.

And then like a week or two later P5R is shown off and this new gal has a ponytail.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also I only ever claimed leakbait during that arc because I’m not insane enough to be emotionally invested that much into it, so I had no real stake in it, and anything I can do to spice up my own speculation was worth it because it was otherwise rather boring when you cut out the nonsense , which most of it was.

Edit: welcome to toasterbrains unnecessary honesty and confession hour where I have lowered self control due to lack of sleep

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what happened?

A Direct leaked?
An online store named Best Buy seemingly revealed Persona 5, A Link to the Past and Metroid Prime trilogy for Nintendo Switch early than they should. It's likely this indicates a Direct in near future.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's what we've been talking about for the past 12 hours, actually. Best Buy is gonna feel it tomorrow...

Certainly.
Ahem

Here are the "just the facts"
View attachment 204127
  1. Datamine reveals a codename attached to one of Jack's (who we assume is Joker) costumes. The codename is labeled "Jane," an effeminate spelling of Jack, and has an indicator for "ponytail physics."
  2. Persona 5 R is teased, a game expanding the Persona 5 universe, one that will use the Persona 5 engine unlike the Persona Q series.
  3. Persona 5 Royal is officially announced, showing a brand new female character. This new female character also has a ponytail coinciding with the datamine. She is interviewed by Akechi in a similar way Joker is in the game.
View attachment 204128

Whether this is an indicator of a female protagonist option, an additional protagonist to the story, or just a huge coincidence is currently unknown at the moment.
28b 29pipe.gif

Excellent usage of Ace Attorney gifs, my good man.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I have some seriously epic ideas about that!

The concept is of "Support characters" where drivers who have no weapons of themselves (most of them) along with some other characters get someone in the background who is part of their moveset.

Some other playable characters can just remain playable Fighters in their own right.

This way, certain villains from Xeno1 can be properly represented:
Mumkhar with Metal Face as support.
Egil with Yaldabaoth
Fiora with Silver Face
Sharla with Jade Face

Will be working on le roster in a minute
What fighting games would you compare this one to?

Shroob

Sup?
I definitely admit that the Jane thing could be a huge coincidence, and it's just a normal skin for Joker, but Joker doesn't ever 'have' a ponytail.

The closest he has is his crossdressing outfit and I'm not sure that they'd put that in Smash(And it lacks a ponytail to begin with).

It's just suspect as all hell that suddenly this new girl comes out of the blue and she has this elusive ponytail that's gotten everyone soo uptight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom