• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's a time investment, I grant you, but you don't need any special materials. Just a way to get to your 3DS' SD card. The hack runs entirely off the SD card, so there's no risk of bricking your 3DS.

Well, first, there's "The Adventure of The Three Garridebs", which is referenced in case 4 of DGS1, but that actually becomes public domain sometime this year.

There's "The Adventure of the Lion's Mane", referenced in the same case, which doesn't become public domain until 2021.

And then there's "The Adventure of The Veiled Lodger", which doesn't become public domain until 2022.
Hahaha, **** waiting 3 years for that, yeah I'm just gonna hack the 3DS.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
View attachment 204133

Certainly. I more than agree.

It reminds me of this one forum I was on a long time ago. Every so often, they'd play this game where they'd come up with a random, Ace Attorney styled "case", where one user, chosen at random, was accused of murder. And then we'd each choose a role (defense, prosecution, witness, etc), a character to represent us by, and then we'd act out the case.

Sounds complicated, but it was real fun.
Sounds epic!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Accuse someone of murder sometime. I wanna see this play out.
Serious-bow-pre.gif

T'would be my pleasure.

28b 29think.gif

But of course, if someone were to offer to be a murderer, I would not be opposed.

Hahaha, **** waiting 3 years for that, yeah I'm just gonna hack the 3DS.
Cool. I did it myself, and helped my girlfriend do it, so if you need assistance, just hit me up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

There is one possible explanation for why this mysterious ponytail is not this "Jane" from the Persona 5 R trailer.

In fact...

It might not be for Joker at all.

I'd like to direct everyone to the findings of a previous data mine.

Do you remember this quote going around?

Piranha Plant has the slowest run in the game.
Pirahna Plant had his data mined before his official release, and this data mine gave several of his stats. This statement in particular went around quite a bit as it made Pirahna Plant fairly unique.

But many of them happened to be completely off base.

But why would they put blatantly wrong data into the game.

I believe I have an answer.

The developers are putting incomplete data in the wrong place as a method of storing values and data.

This "Jane" data might be there now, but...

There's no guarantee that it'll be there when Joker is actually released!

I'm doing this mostly for funsies. Not sure I put too much stock into the idea myself, but I suppose its possible.

Shroob

Sup?

There is one possible explanation for why this mysterious ponytail is not this "Jane" from the Persona 5 R trailer.

In fact...

It might not be for Joker at all.

I'd like to direct everyone to the findings of a previous data mine.

Do you remember this quote going around?

Pirahna Plant had his data mined before his official release, and this data mine gave several of his stats. This statement in particular went around quite a bit as it made Pirahna Plant fairly unique.

But many of them happened to be completely off base.

But why would they put blatantly wrong data into the game.

I believe I have an answer.

The developers are putting incomplete data in the wrong place as a method of storing values and data.

This "Jane" data might be there now, but...

There's no guarantee that it'll be there when Joker is actually released!

I'm doing this mostly for funsies. Not sure I put too much stock into the idea myself, but I suppose its possible.
It's definitely plausible that Jane could be this mysterious 3rd character, but it's highly suspect that they fall in line with the naming convention given to Joker internally "Jack/Jane", and then the P5R trailer happened.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's definitely plausible that Jane could be this mysterious 3rd character, but it's highly suspect that they fall in line with the naming convention given to Joker internally "Jack/Jane", and then the P5R trailer happened.
I know.

I'm doing it for funsies and for the sake of devil's advocate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
nahyuta meditation shaek.gif

Of course, who knows what's final in the land of incomplete coding data...

Realistically speaking, going from past trends, she'll be the classic Atlus style "new mysterious girl" of the game who throws a wrench into the main plot and provides an alternate (probably definitively true) story path. and that Joker's alt costumes would just be the rest of the Phantom Thieves than randomly exlcuding just one for a female version.

but it's fun to think about. Atlus do have like, a ****-ton of cash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 204140

Realistically speaking, going from past trends, she'll be the classic Atlus style "new mysterious girl" of the game who throws a wrench into the main plot and provides an alternate (probably definitively true) story path. and that Joker's alt costumes would just be the rest of the Phantom Thieves.

but it's fun to think about. Atlus do have like, a ****-ton of cash.
......Atlus really does love the "Mysterious new girl" trope in their remakes, huh?

Just off the top of my head Marie and what the **** her name from the SJ remake.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My Ace Attorney post got less likes then the post explaining why I made the Ace Attorney post...

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 204140

Realistically speaking, going from past trends, she'll be the classic Atlus style "new mysterious girl" of the game who throws a wrench into the main plot and provides an alternate (probably definitively true) story path. and that Joker's alt costumes would just be the rest of the Phantom Thieves than randomly exlcuding just one for a female version.

but it's fun to think about.
I still have a hard time believing that theory, tbh. Her design seems way too simple compared to Marie and Metis. Also,

Atlus do have like, a ****-ton of cash.
I don't know what to make out of this part.

D

Deleted member

Exclusive Leak of the SmashBoards Ultimate Social Thread @ E3 2019

Here's to hopin' Panda and Spawn comes through, boys and gals. Gotta keep the dream (and also my schtick) alive.

(Note: **** I forgot Opossum Opossum , sorryyyy.)

ahhhhh.png

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know what to make out of this part.

They have a lot of cash.

I'm sure the reason for your confusioness is simply that you've never had the opportunity to be a higher echelon of society.

D

Deleted member

So someone hacked my Epic account.
Again.
After I turned on 2FA and changed my password.
If their security is this easy to brute force I think I now understand why people are so opposed to using their storefront.

osby

Smash Obsessed
......Atlus really does love the "Mysterious new girl" trope in their remakes, huh?

Just off the top of my head Marie and what the **** her name from the SJ remake.
I can only think up Rin, Metis, Marie and Alex, which is admittedly not a little amount.

ATLUS loves mysterious girls in general, though.

Shroob

Sup?
I actually really liked Strange Journey when it came out,

I LITERALLY found out last week it had gotten a remake on the 3DS. I never saw any promotion or anything for it.:dr^_^:

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
View attachment 204140
wouldn't really add up with her being a joker skin, though; unless she's very similar to joker in the royal for a story reason, it'd be as nonsensical as slapping marie from P4G over yu, promotional or not.

plus, as osby osby says, i feel there's just too much in her design that points towards f!joker: the simple uniform, the reference to the game's aesthetic in her red bow/shoes, even just how her design seems to intentionally evoke P3P's female protagonist (herself recently brought back into the spotlight for PQ2).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My Ace Attorney post got less likes then the post explaining why I made the Ace Attorney post...

That is the power of a short attention span.

Ahem:

Metis - Persona 3 FES:
Miyako Hotsuin - Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked
Marie - Persona 4 Golden
Nemesia - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Alex - Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: Redux
Qatherine "Rin" - Catherine: Full Body.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I actually really liked Strange Journey when it came out,

I LITERALLY found out last week it had gotten a remake on the 3DS. I never saw any promotion or anything for it.:dr^_^:
That's Shin Megami Tensei marketing for you.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jane is Dixie Kong.

She's just a ponytail.

It's not even fully Dixie. It's just her ponytail.

Can't wait to stan and main.

Shroob

Sup?
That is the power of a short attention span.

Ahem:

Metis - Persona 3 FES:
Miyako Hotsuin - Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked
Nemesia - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Alex - Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: Redux
Qatherine "Rin" - Catherine: Full Body.
Hello Miyako, I don't think we've met. :drfacepalm:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ok just trying to catch up with everything that happened last night:

- Smash Update was a whole load of nothing
- Best Buy are at it again, this time possibly leaking Persona 5 for the Switch
- They also apparently **** up by listing the Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Not content with this, Best Buy decides to go for the triple-whammy and leak A Link to the Past (?) too

Is this the main stuff or is there anything else?

Shroob

Sup?
Ok just trying to catch up with everything that happened last night:

- Smash Update was a whole load of nothing
- Best Buy are at it again, this time possibly leaking Persona 5 for the Switch
- They also apparently **** up by listing the Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Not content with this, Best Buy decides to go for the triple-whammy and leak A Link to the Past (?) too

Is this the main stuff or is there anything else?
That's all soo far.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not even allowed to talk about Atlus in my circle of friends anymore because all they ever do is bring up how #problematic they've been lately.

:drsad:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That's all soo far.
Thanks - I normally like to try and read through the previous pages in the morning, but there seem to be more than average and I can't really justify spending most of my working morning trying to make sense of Best Buy shenanigans :drshrug:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not even allowed to talk about Atlus in my circle of friends anymore because all they ever do is bring up how #problematic they've been lately.

:drsad:
Well if there's three things you can count on in life it's death, taxes, and Japanese people doing things offensive to other countries.

D

Deleted member

I love it.

In fact, when the first prerelease materials came out she was just labeled "Rin" to which I said, "Call her Qatherine you cowards!" And lo and behold.

QATHERINE.
The problem literally isn't even her existence, it's the fact that they went forward with this and completely ****ing up the original story to now make it a needless love rectangle.

Vincent-Katherine-Catherine is how it always should've been, the classic love triangle that really lended itself to the story good. So to then add another spoke on the wheel? There literally is no reason at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The problem literally isn't even her existence, it's the fact that they went forward with this and completely ****ing up the original story to now make it a needless love rectangle.

Vincent-Katherine-Catherine is how it always should've been, the classic love triangle that really lended itself to the story good. So to then add another spoke on the wheel? There literally is no reason at all.
One big reason: money.

Also, it's actually a really neat 3rd path that actually adds a lot to the overall narrative's theme of sexuality and relationships. Hell, it even gives new endings to the old characters. Don't take my word for it though, the developer said this was the "true" version of the game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
plus, as osby osby says, i feel there's just too much in her design that points towards f!joker: the simple uniform, the reference to the game's aesthetic in her red bow/shoes, even just how her design seems to intentionally evoke P3P's female protagonist (herself recently brought back into the spotlight for PQ2).
I think people underestimate how standardized Persona protags look. You can tell Joker is the main character just from his school attire.

I can be wrong, but that's the impression I got from this new girl, too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
wouldn't really add up with her being a joker skin, though; unless she's very similar to joker in the royal for a story reason, it'd be as nonsensical as slapping marie from P4G over yu, promotional or not.

Well that's the thing. I'm not entirely convinced on if Jane will ever make it to the final product. On top of that, I'm kinda suspicious that maybe her standard design is supposed to make her more mysterious and noticeable compared to everyone else, playing to the "normal by day, different by night" aesthetic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My friend loved the cake and the book a lot!

The mission was a success!

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Good morning Smash Boards! Not sure if this was already mentioned (if so, i apologize, i should catch up from when i go to bed to waking up, but....nah lol) but looks like Best Buy has been trigger happy with putting up news/possible info on upcoming games (Walmart Canada vibes here) with a supposed Link to the Past listed for Switch (doesn't really clarify a remake or an error) and the mysterious Persona 5 S also listed under Switch, along with Metroid Prime Triology on Switch (not the first time hearing of it, but it seems likely). That direct needs to come soon!

Is Best Buy Gonna be having these amazing directs more often?! Will I actually read the 50+ Pages from before? Don't stay tuned to find out!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Good morning Smash Boards! Not sure if this was already mentioned (if so, i apologize, i should catch up from when i go to bed to waking up, but....nah lol) but looks like Best Buy has been trigger happy with putting up news/possible info on upcoming games (Walmart Canada vibes here) with a supposed Link to the Past listed for Switch (doesn't really clarify a remake or an error) and the mysterious Persona 5 S also listed under Switch, along with Metroid Prime Triology on Switch (not the first time hearing of it, but it seems likely). That direct needs to come soon!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
The other two make sense but still trying to get my head round A Link to the Past: are they doing another Zelda remake for the Switch? If so, wasn't expecting two in one year. Also wonder how it relates to the Link's Awakening remake: ideally if the two were somehow bundled together, but who knows.

Also potentially throws a spanner in the works for my prediction of no more general directs until E3. If this is all true, it would be very difficult to get this, plus Mario Maker 2 (one last push), plus Three Houses, plus Luigi's Mansion 3, plus Link's Awakening, plus Pokemon (probably getting it's own direct though), plus Astral Chain, plus Animal Crossing, plus the inevitable ports and third party announcements that make up a direct all in one direct. That's assuming that none of these games are delayed though (pls say no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom