• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh Face Reveals? Okay here's a serious face reveal
Geno B.png

Just imagine Geno with Glasses, That's the best I'll be able to do for now. Someday Y'all will get to see my actual face cause I do want to do a face reveal someday but not now.

D

Deleted member

At this point I think it’s more surprising if the spoiler contains a legit face reveal than a joke.

D

Deleted member

its a ****post bro i like **** i mention it like all the time to the point where i should probably be banned
Oh.
Even if it is joking and all, you should stop using "gay" as an insult.
I hope this does not come out mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Ya so, like, I know no one asked about it but I'm gonna vent my frustrations anyway:

My group of friends I hang out with on Discord picked up some person into our circle a couple months ago that a couple of them knew via Twitter, I hadn't ever met them but, whatever.

They're trans-woman, fine, whatever, but the first thing they do is DM me talking about how 'sexy their legs are', which is, really freaky. I tell them about it and they brush it off as just being one of their 'quirks'.

Turns out today, said person's been #busted via Twitter sexually harassing other users(some underage). Even my BFF who came out as Bi recently said he had been getting messages from them on occasion flirting with him.

Two of the people in the group are very good friends with them so they don't want to kick them 'because they hope they'll learn their lesson', and like, yikes.

I legit don't want to be around this creep.

D

Deleted member

**** face reveals look at this ****ty low quality sideways image of my bird
20190402_203450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah they do a lot of questionable things. Like, a lot of questionable things. But their heart is in the right place
The path to hell is littered with good intentions.

PETA's not a joke, they're an active danger to animals. Regardless of where you stand with animal rights, unless you want them dead, PETA and their shelters with high euthanasia rates are not the people you want to side with.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Man, my inner circle of friends has found themselves in a pickle, despite my warnings.

I told them so, and now the wire's soo tangled there's no easy fix to it.
Well you can’t just start a story and not finish it.

1554251856355.jpeg

:ultgreninja:‘D?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It really confuses me how PETA's leader is against pets being a thing (somehow ending the animal's life is better than letting the animal be happy with a loving family???) but they also let people adopt pets.

Not to mention their reason against Stephen Hillenburg and Spongebob is incredibly dumb and makes no sense, and if they did their research on what Steve Irwin was doing...well, they make up a buncha crap anyway, according to them milk causes autism (I mean they'd really know they're making crap up about Steve Irwin, he did his best to help animals and let people know about them, plus he wasn't harassing the ray and showed no violence or hatred toward it when it stung him, he showed forgiveness).

Also, ironically, their alternate phrases for "beating a dead horse" and "killing two birds with one stone" are also phrases that show animal abuse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, remember when I said I'd make a wholesome post "when the time is right" since I missed the wholesome hour? Well SIKE! I may be sick, but I still can type, dammit. So HEY! YOU!
YEAH, YOU! BETTER GET READY!

HEY YOU!.png

@faygoshill ClaTheBae ClaTheBae - You both are always welcome to Gekyume's circumcision anytime when it happens and are rad, Mrs. Morag and Mr. CiaTheBabe. Just know that locusts are indeed real.
Noipoi Noipoi - Yo! Thanks for that art from a while back, really appreciate it and the salute for my sadness when I saw that Mythra spirit! Truly are the memester.
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy - Thanks to you, I got invested into Wolfenstein and want B.J. Blazkowicz in Smash Ultimate, so hats off to ya and keep up the good work and radness, ya radgie dagie!
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - DID SOMEBODY RING THE DINKSTER? I sure did, cause if I somehow am your echo fighter, then it truly is a blessing. Always will remember the night I proclaimed you're dead cause of the Calling Card.
Luigi The President Luigi The President - Dammit, someway somehow Geno will happen, but I do know one thing for sure, and that this site shouldn't take ya granted. Keep bein' the awesome you, and DAMMIT, COME BACK.
papagenos papagenos Delzethin Delzethin - Shoutouts to both of you for being on top of the game before Smash Ultimate released!
Hinata Hinata - So look... I apologize for almost throwing that Wiimote, but I can tell you're a goodie. Hope you can forgive me and possibly can repay you when Pokemon Sword/Shield comes out!
Pyra Pyra KarneraMythos KarneraMythos Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura - Hey, fellow Xenoblade fans! Any Xeno fan is a good person in my book. Keep being you and especially you, Toaster, for taking the plunge that is a game that sucked away 300+ hours of my life!
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones - Real good story you had back there, Teach. Unfortunately I don't got much memes to fit in this one, so just know that even if you are my worst enemy, that being scoliosis, you're not like the rest. You da best.
@Brelooming Disaster - For being one of the new guys, you're one of the best we've had! Will be sure to still keep the Scott persona alive for you and hope that my bet doesn't fall through.
@Shishœ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen - We've had a run-in or two, but you guys are still pretty damn rad. Also as of note, Kamen Rider Black is unironically good to me, so apologies if it's one of the bad ones.
Opossum Opossum - Hey, so when I usually walk down my driveway I've been seeing this dead opossum next to our sidewalk, and I'm surprised nobody came to clean it up 4 to 5 months later. Pretty gross stuff, but know that you should definitely never become that opossum and keep doing good things!

Honorable Mentions: @JDCabrera Idon Idon (don't worry, SMTV will happen!), KMDP KMDP , @Onereasonanddone, Zinith Zinith , Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas , praline praline

Sorry if I couldn't been able to name you! Thanks for letting me be the Scott to your thread.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey guys, I'm a filthy weeb and am considering changing my avatar, despite how much I love drunk angry Scottish girl.

Now, it's not 100% certain yet, but if I DID...

sent-ai.PNG

junko sentai.PNG

Which one of these images looks better?

D

Deleted member

Alright, remember when I said I'd make a wholesome post "when the time is right" since I missed the wholesome hour? Well SIKE! I may be sick, but I still can type, dammit. So HEY! YOU!

View attachment 204015

@faygoshill ClaTheBae ClaTheBae - You both are always welcome to Gekyume's circumcision anytime when it happens and are rad, Mrs. Morag and Mr. CiaTheBabe. Just know that locusts are indeed real.
Noipoi Noipoi - Yo! Thanks for that art from a while back, really appreciate it and the salute for my sadness when I saw that Mythra spirit! Truly are the memester.
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy - Thanks to you, I got invested into Wolfenstein and want B.J. Blazkowicz in Smash Ultimate, so hats off to ya and keep up the good work and radness, ya radgie dagie!
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - DID SOMEBODY RING THE DINKSTER? I sure did, cause if I somehow am your echo fighter, then it truly is a blessing. Always will remember the night I proclaimed you're dead cause of the Calling Card.
Luigi The President Luigi The President - Dammit, someway somehow Geno will happen, but I do know one thing for sure, and that this site shouldn't take ya granted. Keep bein' the awesome you, and DAMMIT, COME BACK.
papagenos papagenos Delzethin Delzethin - Shoutouts to both of you for being on top of the game before Smash Ultimate released!
Hinata Hinata - So look... I apologize for almost throwing that Wiimote, but I can tell you're a goodie. Hope you can forgive me and possibly can repay you when Pokemon Sword/Shield comes out!
Pyra Pyra KarneraMythos KarneraMythos Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura - Hey, fellow Xenoblade fans! Any Xeno fan is a good person in my book. Keep being you and especially you, Toaster, for taking the plunge that is a game that sucked away 300+ hours of my life!
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones - Real good story you had back there, Teach. Unfortunately I don't got much memes to fit in this one, so just know that even if you are my worst enemy, that being scoliosis, you're not like the rest. You da best.
@Brelooming Disaster - For being one of the new guys, you're one of the best we've had! Will be sure to still keep the Scott persona alive for you and hope that my bet doesn't fall through.
@Shishœ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen - We've had a run-in or two, but you guys are still pretty damn rad. Also as of note, Kamen Rider Black is unironically good to me, so apologies if it's one of the bad ones.
Opossum Opossum - Hey, so when I usually walk down my driveway I've been seeing this dead opossum next to our sidewalk, and I'm surprised nobody came to clean it up 4 to 5 months later. Pretty gross stuff, but know that you should definitely never become that opossum and keep doing good things!

Honorable Mentions: @JDCabrera Idon Idon (don't worry, SMTV will happen!), KMDP KMDP , @Onereasonanddone, Zinith Zinith , Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas , praline praline

Sorry if I couldn't been able to name you! Thanks for letting me be the Scott to your thread.
How do you feel about me? I am just curious.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I'm a filthy weeb and am considering changing my avatar, despite how much I love drunk angry Scottish girl.

Second one is far too bright, yowch. Go for the first one, it’s duller colours reflect the mundanity of life and how we strive to persevere and find meaning. I think.

KMDP

Smash Legend
For those of you who made a special point to add me to your lists, thanks.

I just want to let you guys know that despite a few hiccups now and again, you guys are a spectacular group of people. It has been a privilege to get to know and interact with all of you.

This site stays alive because of your patronage and I count myself lucky to be considered a friend to even one of you.

In short, thanks for being who you are.
Here, Cyndane. Have a hug!

On the house.

View attachment 204015

Looking forward to your continued journey into the world of Spira.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Hmm... they're both nice, but my I like the side profile one better.

So my vote goes to the first one.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I mean...

Does anyone like them?

Like outside of the novelty of a forgotten character?

They never took off for a reason.
They never took off because Iizuka-san specifically classified at least Bark and Bean as “arcade only” for a long time (the source for that was on the SEGA forum...which is defunct) it’s why they only appeared in Sonic the Fighters, Fighers Megamix and Virtua Striker 2. Mighty and Ray are sealed “Classic only” characters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/06/10/more-burning-questions-about-the-sonic-the-hedgehog-franchise-answered.aspx?amp

Has anybody noticed that Mighty the Armadillo is missing?
Iizuka: Mighty is a part of the Classic world and the Classic group of characters, and some of the Chaotix did get interpreted for the Modern vision of the games. However, Mighty still exists in the Classic world, so maybe we'll see him in the future in some Classic iteration.
When Mania Plus was in the works, Iizuka-san mentions that they were “sealed”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninten...on-of-mighty-and-ray-in-sonic-mania-plus/amp/
Famitsu: How did you decide on the additional features?
Iizuka: Sonic Mania’s lifeline is giving stimulus to fans’ curiosities and expectations, so we thought of something that if added would make it the most exciting, and the results were Ray and Mighty. There were people requesting them, who appeared in the arcade version, to appear again. Personally to me, they were supposed to be “sealed characters” that would never be planned to be added to games. But in this title we are squeezing in all series materials aimed for specific manias, so the stage for them to appear has already been prepared. In that case, we should unlock that seal (laughs).
The same seems to apply to The Hooligans as well given their appearance in Mania. As for how they made their reapearence all it took was a simple request to SEGA according to dev Simon Tomley (I was in the chat).

Also, interestingly, Mighty, Ray, and the Hooligans were all planned to return in Heroes along with the Chaotix:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

We discussed this in the thread I made on SSMB. Might’ve been the seal that kept them out.

Do people like them, though? Dunno. Fang did make alot of appearances in the 90’s through Triple Trouble, Drift 2, Fighters with cameos in multiple other games such as Tails Adventure, Shenmue 2 etc. and was a boss in X-treme which got cancelled.

He gained a sizable enough following especially with his regular appearances in both the Archie and Fleetway comics:

Even got a comic-only sister:

(They’re not “weasels”, Fang is canonically a Jerboa-Wolf hybrid)

And then later on started appearing in the regularly recurring group “The Hooligans” with Bark and Bean.

For years they had people asking for their whereabouts, you’d see people talking about the “forgotten characters” on fan sites, so much so that the quesions appeared in Q&A interviews on Sonic Central (the old American official website) and Iizuka addresses them in one of his interviews.

Personally, I’m a fan of them. If they continue with the Classic branch I’d love to see them become recurring antagonists, the Sonic series doesn’t have alot of those and generations/Mania establishes them as a group of baddies. I look at this artwork here and see all the characters that appeared in the Mania subsection of the main series and think,“y’know...this looks like a colorful cast with some potential”.

Yet another reason why I love Mania is that it gives these returning characters chance to be in the limelight again in some capacity. You had people recognize them on posters in Mirage Saloon play throughs pre-release, people got super excited in stream chats and videos when they were leaked in Mirage Saloon Zone and later when the game officially released, and heck even GameXplain even made a video about them in their “Missing in Action” series.

You can even see in the comment section people asking for them to appear in more stuff.

D

Deleted member

Okay I feel like I should change my profile picture for a bit as I've only had my profile pics be Geno, Duster or that one Anime version of Me.

I've also finished rewatching Jojo part 4 so it's time for a bit of a Change in Profile for a little while what better character to change it to than the best boy himself? Okuyasu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom