• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's a fun project, take the Smash Ultimate Character roster and re-do the stage list. Same number of stages as the current game, but each playable franchise needs to be thoroughly represented and every non-echo fighter needs to have a unique home stage. You can bring in stages from past Smashes, but I encourage you to get creative and think of new ones.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's important to acknowledge that not every session is going to go the same as the previous ones. Not to say your opponent wasn't on their A-game, since I didn't watch or see (I spectate lobbies/watch Moydow's stream sometimes), but from what it sounds like, you weren't at peak A-game either.

It's cliche to say everyone has their off days, but if you feel it was bad enough that you're questioning whether you put all that work in for naught, maybe a break is what would actually benefit you the most. When I tilt, I tend to try to get my mind off of it/try some unorthodox stuff to focus on enjoyment rather than being upset at my shortcomings. I've been spending these past few days enjoying some Mario Kart 8 as opposed to grinding, and it makes me that much more determined/antsy for the next time we play Smash.
You're absolutely right. Breaks are good. I found that with Brawl, SFIV, SFV, Gears, etc.

But this wasn't a bad night. This was a demonstration of an extreme difference in skill, knowledge and adaptation with a group who, the week this game came out, was only moderately better than I was. I've been playing every night online for a month and a half in an attempt to make up for lost time and honestly felt as though I had progressed enough to be somewhat competitive, but then it turned into five hours of me failing to win once.

I didn't feel off; I felt bad. I was read like a book and had no counter to anything. I failed to register a single KO in my first four three stock matches. We rotated among the four of us and when anybody got to me, they switched to a secondary or just "let's try someone new". They didn't mean it as an insult, but my pride was slowly chiseled away through the night when I'd consistently get two-stocked with my main against a character they "haven't played in forever", then watch them take things seriously and switch back to their mains when playing anyone else.

Normally I try to gather negatives together and learn to improve on them, but I don't know what to isolate and improve upon because I failed at everything. All night. My neutral was bad. My offstage was bad. My advantage was bad when I actually had it. My combos that worked online didn't work against them either due to a lack of latency or due to superior knowledge of DI. No matter what way I came back to the stage I couldn't get back on the stage. I didn't know how to approach, I barely knew how to defend. Every time it came to my turn to play I was ****ing petrified.

I've never felt that way in a Smash game and it really ****ing hurt my pride if I'm going to be blatantly honest. It's why I'm having this crisis of "do I want to take this seriously" right now.

I need to change mains. I need to play more. I need to lab more. I need to find something to feel good about because this game isn't fun for me at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so after playing some matches between Bayonetta, Ken and Richter, I've come to see one thing: how faithfulness to the original source material translates to the character fighting style and how well it translates.

I've played Bayonetta 1 + 2, so to see it translated to Smash is a bit of a jarring situation, considering how combo-complex her series is. Richter, I've only played Bloodstained, if you wanna count a Castlevania game, but can see where his source material lies on and can definitely see the keep away game.

Ken is where I think I excel at the most, considering just how smoothly Street Fighter translates over to Smash, and honestly, where I feel you can have a more consistent combo game than Bayonetta. You're stuck grounded and always facing your opponent, but at the same time, it definitely takes time to truly master his toolset.

Keeping this in mind, I now have another set of "conditions" as to whoever may join the roster, mainly "how well do they implement from their source over to Smash?" We already know of Joker from Persona 5, tons of leaker circles are saying Erdrick from Dragon Quest and two of the most prominent and consistent leakers are pointing to Banjo & Kazooie (though, to keep it fair, these two can of course not happen, never forget "Square rep first"). Having barely playing one of the three, that being Banjo-Kazooie, I do hope that they translate well enough to justify my money spent on the Fighter Pass. I do think, as long as they're unique enough and actually bring something to the table that they can only do, as it's one of the biggest conditions for newcomers, people should welcome in anyone. ...Well, anyone within reason, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Brawler can get as many buffs but they'll mean jack **** until their range is buffed. They could have a frame-1 OHKO move but that won't matter if their range is still smaller than Kira Yoshikage's ****

Pakky

Smash Hero
So sitting is the enemy of the tail bone sometimes.

#mods don't like fun.
1554228680214.png

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Brawler can get as many buffs but they'll mean jack **** until their range is buffed. They could have a frame-1 OHKO move but that won't matter if their range is still smaller than Kira Yoshikage's ****
I've seen you done ample research on the subject of his Lily of the Valley.

D

Deleted member

idk
Kira_one_infobox.png

this man radiates medium **** energy

D

Deleted member

Probably changing my avatar and signature later to represent how XC2 has consumed my being
Welcome to the Committee, young one. We are few on this site.

Remember to yell into your humidifier before you continue on your wayward path.

AAAAAHHHHH.png

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’m trying to be realistic about Persona 5 S.

But the dweeb within me is spazzing out about this.
What are you spazzing about?

sorry, what are you spazzing 'more' about?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
I’m trying to be realistic about Persona 5 S.

But the dweeb within me is spazzing out about this.
Hey guys, Reggie here, I can’t wait to bring you all some exciting news.
Persona 5 S?
More like, Persona 5 Stadium, the all new Persona 5 fighting game exclusively for the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom