• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll finally fix that Piranha Plant All-Star glitch.

D

Deleted member

Ironically, Isabelle is the only character I can consistently beat my brother with
I just can't even with Isabelle. She wants to be a trap character so bad but has literally no tools to do it properly, and her frame data is awful. I'm really hoping for buffs, 'cause she's a character I really want to play but just can't. As of right now, I usually just go for Villager. :drshrug:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Awww... that kinda sucks to hear.

I’ve enjoyed playing against you over these past couple months.
Aw, thanks man. You too.

I'm just being dramatic though. I'll be back. But I'm taking a break because I've never been so embarrassed playing a fighting game than I was Sunday night. Like, I don't want to play Smash right now.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
TBH I feel his weaknesses are overstated. His air game and tilts are super good, being able to do anything out of dash opens up some cool things, and dash attack can kill now. His run speed and frame data could use buffs, though...

On the bright side, you don't have it nearly as bad as people like me who wanted to try to play Isabelle. :upsidedown:
Coming from Smash 4, he was considered weak, but with some training I have been able to win some hard battles, including (rarely) some Bayonetta and (even more rarely) Clouds...
In Smash 4 he was kinda decent but he lacked of some good killing moves (it happend a lot of times that I brought the opponent to very high % but I was unable to KO) and any reliable option against characters who rely on ranged attacks like Robin, or have huge hitboxes like Cloud and Dedede.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so the way we are going to make the cake is divided in two parts:

First, we will make the bottom half of it in some minutes after my mother finishes a movie with my grandfather, then I go to yoga and finish the top half when I return.

D

Deleted member

can't wait for joker to be like e tier or something

only the faithful shall remain
I'm half expecting him to be like Wolf with a slightly worse recovery. Like, Joker's probably gonna be a monster on-stage and only really struggle on ledge if his moveset works like a lot are thinking it's gonna.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
TBH I feel his weaknesses are overstated. His air game and tilts are super good, being able to do anything out of dash opens up some cool things, and dash attack can kill now. His run speed and frame data could use buffs, though...

On the bright side, you don't have it nearly as bad as people like me who wanted to try to play Isabelle. :upsidedown:
What happened with Isabelle? I thought at the beginning she was considered good. Now suddenly she's bottom tier.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm half expecting him to be like Wolf with a slightly worse recovery. Like, Joker's probably gonna be a monster on-stage and only really struggle on ledge if his moveset works like a lot are thinking it's gonna.
great horizontal movement but horrible vertical movement if the early datamined stats are anything to go by

it makes sense to how he moves in P5, running and leaping over things rather than jumping high, but a lack of vertical recovery could be seriously rough on him

he's also a super lightweight, tied with daisy and peach

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What happened with Isabelle? I thought at the beginning she was considered good. Now suddenly she's bottom tier.
People learned to block side B and also punch her in the face because she has literally nothing threatening up close.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We'll get actual footage of Joker tomorrow

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Bottom Text

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Her kit isn't quite as good as villager's
She's alright at zoning because she's a tad faster, but it doesnt make up for the rest, imo. It get somewhat predictable. But at least you can gimp newbs with fair.. :O

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, this isn't my first rodeo. You start every game bad and get better.

While I'm exaggerating because two nights ago really hurt my pride, I'm legitimately unsure how much time I'll dedicate to the game unless one of the DLC characters is someone I need to play. I thought I'd be able to pick up Smash again and at least start at a somewhat passable level but I underestimated just how much I missed through Smash For.

I'm deflated because I don't know if I have the time or energy at this stage of my life to commit to getting to where I want to be in this game. I've already committed far too much time in the last month to getting better at it, putting off my show in the meantime, and I feel like I have jack **** to show for it.
It's important to acknowledge that not every session is going to go the same as the previous ones. Not to say your opponent wasn't on their A-game, since I didn't watch or see (I spectate lobbies/watch Moydow's stream sometimes), but from what it sounds like, you weren't at peak A-game either.

It's cliche to say everyone has their off days, but if you feel it was bad enough that you're questioning whether you put all that work in for naught, maybe a break is what would actually benefit you the most. When I tilt, I tend to try to get my mind off of it/try some unorthodox stuff to focus on enjoyment rather than being upset at my shortcomings. I've been spending these past few days enjoying some Mario Kart 8 as opposed to grinding, and it makes me that much more determined/antsy for the next time we play Smash.

D

Deleted member

The biggest problem with her in my experience is that she just can't do what she's supposed to do very well. The frame data on Lloid Rocket is awful and leaves you wide open, the fishing rod is super slow and very easily blocked with shield, and while her recovery is good, it is also very slow and makes her a very big target off-stage. Unless you just really like Isabelle, it makes way more sense to play Villager, as they're basically just a better version of her in every way.

She was a lot like K. Rool: She was a noob trap. Once you know how to deal with her, she is not really much of a threat to anyone except maybe the Belmonts and Link.

D

Deleted member

Her kit isn't quite as good as villager's
She's alright at zoning because she's a tad faster, but it doesnt make up for the rest, imo. It get somewhat predictable. But at least you can gimp newbs with fair.. :O
Hey Teeb!
I love that new avatar!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
great horizontal movement but horrible vertical movement if the early datamined stats are anything to go by

it makes sense to how he moves in P5, running and leaping over things rather than jumping high, but a lack of vertical recovery could be seriously rough on him

I dunno, that seems to be a bit of a stretch.

I mean down shot has him leap 20 feet into the air, flip upside down, and then shoot 2 shots while upside down.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
We'll get actual footage of Joker tomorrow

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Bottom Text
Hell yeah! Me and my gamer friends are so ****in hyped for this movie! We’re gonna go there, see it, and than come home and beat the **** out of our girlfriends while playing Call Of Duty Ghosts. This movie is claimed by the gamers! No Chads allowed!!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey Teeb!
I love that new avatar!
well thanks :)
I need a lil break from jane at least until we're close enough to some more hype :p
again tho your avatar reminds me i could do a split one between the two if i wanted to.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Her kit is extremely limited. She’s supposed to be a trap character, yet she really doesn’t have those tools.

And her frame data is awful (this coming from someone who mostly plays heavies)

While I still play her more than Villager, Villager is definitely the better character.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'm no stranger to maining low tier characters.

*Stares sadly at :ultkrool:*

...*Sigh* I'll manage.

D

Deleted member

Disney: Ok, so we must put Sora in Smash. What can we do Square?

Square: Well, you see... Sora is busy with his mission to find Riku and Kair-

Disney: Wait... Is he still saving dalmatians?

Square: eeeh... yes. Why you ask.

Disney: PERFECT! We’ll make Nintendo add them as assist trophies... And Sora will have to go there to “save” the poor puppies by joining Smash, while also technically keeping himself on his quest with Donal and Goofy.

Square: Ok Disney, that’s brilliantly evil. Sure, let’s do that.

Disney: Employers! Prepare them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom