• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Age of Ultron was just a garbagefest all around, half-assed the origins of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, butchered the entire character of Ultron (and his design was hideous), tried to set up like ten sequels in the span of ten minutes, added a romance subplot out of complete nowhere, killed off the character with the most potential, added a diet Vision who barely ever even uses his phasing...
(Vision was my second favorite Marvel character, what they did to him in the MCU is just depressing)
Ugh, what a mess.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
also putting banner and nat together feels forced to me for some reason
Because it was forced. Natasha's most established relationship until then was with Clint. If they really need her to be together with someone, he makes more sense than Bruce.

And shoehorned family was unnecessary either way.

D

Deleted member

You know who really strikes me as being under-utilised? Ultron himself. Dude’s supposed to be an Avengers-level threat, constantly coming back with new more powerful forms and with a frankly pretty terrifying goal of assimilation. But they kill him off in one movie and seemingly butcher his character too.

D

Deleted member

Damn!
Tarzan’s world in KH1 felt great!

It was a blast to play through! But now I must pass the part I could never get through: the Colliseum. I think I became better at the game since the last time I played it, so there’s hope about finally completing it.

You know who really strikes me as being under-utilised? Ultron himself. Dude’s supposed to be an Avengers-level threat, constantly coming back with new more powerful forms and with a frankly pretty terrifying goal of assimilation. But they kill him off in one movie and seemingly butcher his character too.
Yeah, that sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Damn!
Tarzan’s world in KH1 felt great!

It was a blast to play through! But now I must pass the part I could never get through: the Colliseum. I think I became better at the game since the last time I played it, so there’s hope about finally completing it.
hey i'm glad you're back
we're talking about marvel and i think you'll be a welcome addition to this conversation

D

Deleted member

Because it was forced. Natasha's most established relationship until then was with Clint. If they really need her to be together with someone, he makes more sense than Bruce.

And shoehorned family was unnecessary either way.
every damn movie doesn't need a romance sub-plot jesus ****

thor ragnarok, captain marvel, infinity war, etc etc were all perfectly fine without one

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
i like wanda and also vision to an extent but this was a total waste of ultron as a villain and also putting banner and nat together feels forced to me for some reason
I'm not sure what their goal was with Banner and Nat OR Ultron. That movies seems so rushed looking at it. The movie is fine in the end but looking at it... it just seems like Whedon wanted to make an Ultron movie. And in the process wasted Ultron. And James Spader.

I thought it would've been cool if they had reused a villain from one of the previous Phase 2 movies. Like, maybe even the Mandarine, the real Mandarine, is unleashing terror on parts of the world using old Stark weaponry and is blaming it on the Avengers. That would've added some depth not only to the dynamic of Tony and the Manderine but also to past movies AND it could've made for an interesting Villain. Or hell even if Ultron had survived, went to space, found Thanos and plotted to take revenge on the earth would be cool.

Wasted potential with Quicksilver. Wasted potential with Ultron. Way to go Joss.
i'm so confused
oh well life is just confusing sometimes
Banner, The Hulk, and Black Widow were canon together in Age of Ultron. They really haven't touched on that since though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure what their goal was with Banner and Nat OR Ultron. That movies seems so rushed looking at it. The movie is fine in the end but looking at it... it just seems like Whedon wanted to make an Ultron movie. And in the process wasted Ultron. And James Spader.

I thought it would've been cool if they had reused a villain from one of the previous Phase 2 movies. Like, maybe even the Mandarine, the real Mandarine, is unleashing terror on parts of the world using old Stark weaponry and is blaming it on the Avengers. That would've added some depth not only to the dynamic of Tony and the Manderine but also to past movies AND it could've made for an interesting Villain. Or hell even if Ultron had survived, went to space, found Thanos and plotted to take revenge on the earth would be cool.

Wasted potential with Quicksilver. Wasted potential with Ultron. Way to go Joss.

Banner, The Hulk, and Black Widow were canon together in Age of Ultron. They really haven't touched on that since though.
Honestly, Hulk in the MCU is a weird case.

Marvel owns him, but Universal has the distribution rights. So Marvel Studios is always trying to find ways to use him without having to make a solo movie for Universal (more so after the stuff that happened with The Incredible Hulk). It has made the character do weird stuff or situations in the MCU, like the Black Widow thing or Ragnarok having a part that kind of adapted Planet Hulk.

With some luck, something changes and Marvel will finally be able to disconnect Hulk from Universal to see these messes over.

The Black Widow thing will be hard to deal with doh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pokémon black and white
I didn’t play it because I was avoiding controversial topics involving the racial divide in America.

Anyway black was pretty okay

Oh hey, I can recognize people again.

Chibi-Robo
haha I actually haven’t played that
Reason being is that every time I went to look for it in the past I couldn’t find it and then I just stopped trying

Persona.

You could, still...you know, read their names. :p
I haven’t gotten far enough into Jojo’s yet! I don’t want to be spoiled.

Deal or No Deal for the Wii.
View attachment 203789
I didn’t get that because I would always lose due to being distracted by the sheer beauty of the case girls

Super Mario RPG
I only play terrible games like smash So I didn’t touch that one

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah

April 2nd, is Autism Awareness Day... Blue is the official color of it

As someone some who has Asperger's, I wanted to do something for it...

I'll go back to normal red Jane, tomorrow
One of my friends has Asperger too.
I wonder how he is doing today, since he lives in Madrid.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I for one, welcomed our temporary Reggie overlords
All Hail Reggie
ohhh my god they released a special look video for endgame and it's taking all my willpower to not watch it

gwen says **** your essay here's my counteressay
That trailer got me worked up and once again I’m ready/not even close to being ****ing ready for this movie
idk folks i still think edea has a shot

muffled sobs
She looks good...but not hot tier for me
I legit only watched Antman & The Wasp in hopes that it ended with The Wasp getting dusted.
I hoped the child got snapped to make things more emotional...oh well...Janet worked enough
every damn movie doesn't need a romance sub-plot jesus ****

thor ragnarok, captain marvel, infinity war, etc etc were all perfectly fine without one
Infinity War and Captain Marvel did have sub-plot romance
Peter Quill having to kill Gamora, Thanos and his love for balance, Spidey and old movies, and most importantly...the love drained from the depression /s
Nick Fury and the love for being a normal person before life said **** you and got the Flerkin as well as Talos and his family...that’s it

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I want to say that since April Fools is over I need to stop ****posting in overdrive mode but it was nice being in my element for a while

D

Deleted member

i have no willpower and just watched the new trailer/special look or whatever

it actually wasn't too spoilery, like it shows less than the infinity war trailers for example

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm honestly not even sure what happened in that scene. Did he move the car in front of them? And then just stand there and get lit up? Did he move them behind the car and then stand there and get lit up? Did he like run to each individual bullet and get hit by them?
It's just not very clear. And if he was fast enough to do any of those then he was fast enough to survive.

But yeah, Quicksilver would've made the team much more dynamic. For instance the chase with Crossbones in Civil War would've had to have been better thought out. And imagine if Pietro and Wanda were on opposite sides of that Civil War. Would've added a hell of a dynamic to the story.

Killing off Quicksilver is the ONE thing I still hate about the Avengers movies. What a waste of potential.
I heard that it was done because they wanted the Avengers to experience a meaningful death, and Coulson’s was apparently rendered meaningless by Agents of SHEILD.

Seriously, there’s like this whole petty feud between the guy who runs the tv shows and the guy who runs the films. It’s like they’re connected out of spite more than anything else.

D

Deleted member

And all because we apparently couldn’t have two Quicksilver’s on the big screen. :glare:
Basically that.
I still find it stupid too.

They don’t have any trouble with Madame Hydra appearing both in the second Wolverine movie and Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., yet apparently Quicksilver has to die.

Why not just name him different?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We didn't read into "By the End of April" close enough it seems. 24th is a very likely date for Joker now. I could see us getting a Direct this week or next though, maybe.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We didn't read into "By the End of April" close enough it seems. 24th is a very likely date for Joker now. I could see us getting a Direct this week or next though, maybe.
Nothing saying we can’t have the next character announcement before jokers released either

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

#Marvel’sFirstThrupple

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I heard that it was done because they wanted the Avengers to experience a meaningful death, and Coulson’s was apparently rendered meaningless by Agents of SHEILD.

Seriously, there’s like this whole petty feud between the guy who runs the tv shows and the guy who runs the films. It’s like they’re connected out of spite more than anything else.
Nah, Jeph Loeb (TV) is just super jealous of Kevin Feige(MCU) because of how much attention he gets. He deserves it though. Hes been partly responsible for every good Marvel movie there's ever been, X-Men, Spider-Man, X2, Spider-Man 2, all had Feige working on them. Jeph Loeb just wanted that same attention. Yeah, and he also completely robbed Feige of Inhumans and then gave us ****. So, that's probably why Feige is heading up the Loki and Scarlet Witch/Vision shows now.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"by the end of april" is a marketing talk for 'the very end of april' that leaves hope for an earlier date open

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom