• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Like... give at least Pyra a more sensible outfit or something, because now that I’ve played the game a little I can agree it’s such a stark contrast to her personality

I’m not even gonna touch Dahlia’s look.

I get the ...robot... gag with Tora or whatever but it would have been way less hurtful to my existence if the poppi wasn’t modeled after a kid

The voice direction is just simply horrendous at times. Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s sad. And though I like Pyra’s voice, sometimes it just is delivered poorly just like everyone else either via just a bad take or it being edited to match the cutscene

Rex is annoying to look at and listen to how dare the game let him near Pyra

The story has been nice in chunks but I feel like it’s been a little dry until recently (I just finished chapter 3). Also as much as I love the combat, sometimes it gets a little annoying- I’m sure my party might be a little weak but the aggro range on some enemies is surprising lol...

The music is nice.

The side quests so far are rather samey and make me feel like they’re mmo side quests
Go here collect thing return
Kill thing
Talk to person

All in all still a great experience but I really really wish some of the things were better... I actually came to really like Pyra so seeing the thongy shorts makes me feel several different ways- on one hand I am a simple person, I see butt I hit like. On the other hand, whyyyyyyy????

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Hope you guys had a good breakfast this morning!

Speaking of, I had a bowl of those donettes and they’re not too bad, not as intense as I was thinking but not something I’d buy often. 6-7/10
Jokers on you. I’ve almost never have breakfast.
I’m not a big fan of cereal.

D

Deleted member

The story has been nice in chunks but I feel like it’s been a little dry until recently (I just finished chapter 3). Also as much as I love the combat, sometimes it gets a little annoying- I’m sure my party might be a little weak but the aggro range on some enemies is surprising lol...
the story is good up until now but it really only gets, like, good by the end of chapter 4

the entirety of chapter 4 makes me want to pull my hair out so like get ready for that

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The voice direction is just simply horrendous at times. Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s sad. And though I like Pyra’s voice, sometimes it just is delivered poorly just like everyone else either via just a bad take or it being edited to match the cutscene
This can make or break a modern story-driven game for me, I've found. I think the reason I didn't finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider for so long is how horrendous their NPC conversations were. They're so lifeless and unimaginative and it's always obvious that Lara and whatever character she's talking with were recorded in separate rooms by separate people.

The game is actually phenomenal and I love it, but holy **** is every cutscene hard to get through. It isn't B-movie bad. It's just... bad.

D

Deleted member

I dropped ****ing 50 Pounds on my thumb and gosh dang it it hurts so much, My thumb isn't broken or anything but dang it hurts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wonder what the April Fools theme is going to be this time...

If they can top Ridleyboards, then I'll be very surprised. I was already surprised enough when they managed to top Shaqboards.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This can make or break a modern story-driven game for me, I've found. I think the reason I didn't finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider for so long is how horrendous their NPC conversations were. They're so lifeless and unimaginative and it's always obvious that Lara and whatever character she's talking with were recorded in separate rooms by separate people.

The game is actually phenomenal and I love it, but holy **** is every cutscene hard to get through. It isn't B-movie bad. It's just... bad.
Yeah. In the case of Xenoblade 2, save for a small handful of the primary and secondary characters, the line delivery tends to take me out of the scene real quick. Namely, any time Rex talks, some of Nia’s lines and noises, etc

I’d say Tora but I think he’s meant to be annoying

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also Pyra Pyra , it's true that the VA & the story is rather rough around the beginning, but imo, it become much better as it goes on, it's still rough here and there in some scenes, I say Chapter 4-5 is where it become like, really good, since the plot keep going at that point.

Also, while it sort of doesn't count in a sense, the Torna DLC has muuuuuch better VA work all around, even the character you already know sound better, so I think the original game problem were due to bad direction in some places, but that's just a theory

Pakky

Smash Hero
I wonder what the April Fools theme is going to be this time...

If they can top Ridleyboards, then I'll be very surprised. I was already surprised enough when they managed to top Shaqboards.
-Thanos hole boards

-Bowser boards

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like... give at least Pyra a more sensible outfit or something, because now that I’ve played the game a little I can agree it’s such a stark contrast to her personality

I’m not even gonna touch Dahlia’s look.

I get the ...robot... gag with Tora or whatever but it would have been way less hurtful to my existence if the poppi wasn’t modeled after a kid

Rex is annoying to look at and listen to how dare the game let him near Pyra

The music is nice.

The side quests so far are rather samey and make me feel like they’re mmo side quests
Go here collect thing return
Kill thing
Talk to person

All in all still a great experience but I really really wish some of the things were better... I actually came to really like Pyra so seeing the thongy shorts makes me feel several different ways- on one hand I am a simple person, I see butt I hit like. On the other hand, whyyyyyyy????
What are things you actually like about Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also Pyra Pyra , it's true that the VA & the story is rather rough around the beginning, but imo, it become much better as it goes on, it's still rough here and there in some scenes, I say Chapter 4-5 is where it become like, really good, since the plot keep going at that point.

Also, while it sort of doesn't count in a sense, the Torna DLC has muuuuuch better VA work all around, even the character you already know sound better, so I think the original game problem were due to bad direction in some places, but that's just a theory
Oh I believe it. I’m excited to delve into the next chapters.

D

Deleted member

i believe i put the game down for a month after finishing this one
tbh after chapter 4 is when the story actually, like, gets really good

this games pacing is a bit off tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
the one where you fight a giant loli maid robot at the end, yeah
A loli?

What?

I know what you're talking about but what? She doesn't look like a loli to me. Especially when you know the character she is based around.

It's more chibi than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom