• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Dang, that sucks. At least you got Gala Ranzal though, all I have to show for my efforts is a Poseidon so far.

At least the QoL updates are nice as it makes grinding for wyrmite easier.

I guess to rephrase: How did they make the event stand out from Granblue's typical fare? Did they do anything new for it? Or was it just a reskinned version of the usual event?

Also, was Joker free or Gacha? I've heard of it going either way depending on which game you're talking about (P&D for instance is Gacha), so I'm curious how they usually give out those type of characters.
Usually events are about 6 "Chapters" of story with a mini boss halfway through and a main boss at the end, for crossover events, there's an extra 3rd boss after about a week of waiting.

It's 'reskinned' in that crossover events all follow the same formula, but they're different in the bosses, music, characters, etc. Like, they composed an entirely new song for Granblue to 'feel' like Persona 5 as shown above.

For example:

The Detective Conan collab added some Professor-Layton like brain teasers you had to solve to progress the story.

Joker was free, not gacha. Cross-over event characters in Granblue are always free.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You just gotta put in one. Infernape > Gallade any day of the week.

You could easily get rid of Regigigas. The whole "large normal type" thing is already done by Snorlax, and Melmetal and Golurk are similar bulky bois. Besides, no one really cares for Regigigas given his obscurity and uselessness (Slow Start is a terrible ability and I get it was to balance him, but when we've got **** like Mega Rayquaza, Ultra Necrozma, and Zygarde Complete running around there's no reason to handicap him).
Speaking of Regigigas, they should retcon Slow Start to where you still go second before your opponent, but to compensate for the handicap, your defense and special defense are temporarily 2x greater in that span of time in order to capture the essence of where its energy is being put to use.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Progress 3. The underlined ones have 10:

Gen I: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Eevee, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Snorlax, Mewtwo.
Gen II: Feraligatr, Scizor, Heracross, Quagsire, Ampharos, Granbull, Azumarill, Tyranitar
Gen III: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Mawile, Sableye, Ludicolo, Aggron, Deoxys,
Gen IV: Empoleon, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Croagunk, Electivire, Abomasnow, Lopunny, Darkrai, Regigigas.
Gen V: Zoroark, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Lilligant, Bisharp, Mienshao, Golurk, Hydreigon, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI: Greninja, Braixen, Hawlucha, Noivern, Pangoro, Goodra
Gen VII: Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Bewear, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Marshadow, Zeraora, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.

Other: Pikachu and Melmetal.
No Typhlosion? This is a great insult to me, the second greatest Typhlosion related insult ever (Number one was removing his fire in his idle stance). It must be fixed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Bois...
I just 3 stocked a :ultkrool: w/ :ultwolf:.
I took the 1st stock w/ a semi-charged D Smash at ledge... and it killed at 50% (this was w/ very little rage)
And a took the last stock w/ a completely uncharged D Smash at ledge... and that also killed at 50% (this was w/ 160% rage).

This character is broken as ****.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Usually events are about 6 "Chapters" of story with a mini boss halfway through and a main boss at the end, for crossover events, there's an extra 3rd boss after about a week of waiting.

It's 'reskinned' in that crossover events all follow the same formula, but they're different in the bosses, music, characters, etc. Like, they composed an entirely new song for Granblue to 'feel' like Persona 5 as shown above.

For example:

The Detective Conan collab added some Professor-Layton like brain teasers you had to solve to progress the story.

Joker was free, not gacha. Cross-over event characters in Granblue are always free.
Thanks, that sounds similar to DL's other events, so I imagine they'll do something similar with the addition of an FE map or something being thrown in (and vice versa if FEH does the same). The question I have then is what they'll use for a mini boss and main boss since DL prefers larger bosses and FEH doesn't really have one of those unless they dip into the regular FE games and use Grima or Duma.

Also, that's a relief that Joker was free. Hopefully that means whoever they add from FEH will be the same because knowing my luck I'll probably pull another Poseidon before I get any of the FE characters.

Lily?

You mean:

View attachment 202618

THIS Lily?
Yep.

They also brought over Albert, Jeanne D'Arc, and a couple others from my understanding.

Edit: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Lily holds a special place in my heart since her event story was what was going on in Granblue when I started back in November 2016. I had less than 23 hours to finish it before the next event happened.

And this coming month she's getting her update(Since she's old as dirt kit-wise).

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Bois...
I just 3 stocked a :ultkrool: w/ :ultwolf:.
I took the 1st stock w/ a semi-charged D Smash at ledge... and it killed at 50% (this was w/ very little rage)
And a took the last stock w/ a completely uncharged D Smash at ledge... and that also killed at 50% (this was w/ 160% rage).

This character is broken as ****.
My :ultcorrinf:can't kill at 50% with a charged Fsmash at the very tip.

**** your :ultwolf:.

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks, that sounds similar to DL's other events, so I imagine they'll do something similar with the addition of an FE map or something being thrown in (and vice versa if FEH does the same). The question I have then is what they'll use for a mini boss and main boss since DL prefers larger bosses and FEH doesn't really have one of those unless they dip into the regular FE games and use Grima or Duma.

Also, that's a relief that Joker was free. Hopefully that means whoever they add from FEH will be the same because knowing my luck I'll probably pull another Poseidon before I get any of the FE characters.

Yep.

They also brought over Albert, Jeanne D'Arc, and a couple others from my understanding.

Edit: :ultgreninja:
Honestly, I dunno much about Dragalia, but of every f2p game I've ever played, Cygames is ****ing generous in Granblue.

Tomorrow's the game's Legendary Fes(Doubled rates for SSR characters), and if they have the 1 character I want, I'm going to spark(Roll 300 times and if I don't get them via that I get to choose them), all based on currency I saved up in the span of 5 months of just playing the game casually, without spending a dime.

That, and every 3~ months they give players the option to just pick any non-limited character with a 10 draw attached that can be saved for later for 25 bucks.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Totally non-related to anything here, but you know what sucks?

Being IP banned from 4chan because I use my college's wi-fi server.

Of ****ing course of go to see why I'm currently banned and I'm not.

Carry on.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
My :ultcorrinf:can't kill at 50% with a charged Fsmash at the very tip.

**** your :ultwolf:.
tfw :ultmegaman: has two of the most worthless smash attacks in the game for being super slow, super short-ranged, and super weak for the previous negatives. Don't get me wrong, the buster works wonders, but he may as well not even have an up smash or down smash, because it's suicide the instant you use one of them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
tfw :ultmegaman: has two of the most worthless smash attacks in the game for being super slow, super short-ranged, and super weak for the previous negatives. Don't get me wrong, the buster works wonders, but he may as well not even have an up smash or down smash, because it's suicide the instant you use one of them.
Hey, at least the shoryuken is cool looking.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Lucina's moveset weren't known inside and out by everyone I played against, I would've tried harder to main her. I swear she doesn't have a single move that isn't worth using.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Lucina's moveset weren't known inside and out by everyone I played against, I would've tried harder to main her. I swear she doesn't have a single move that isn't worth using.
Lucina is Marth gimmickless and optimized. When people talk about "swordie" they're really saying "Lucina feat. Ike/Roy occasionally"

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hey, at least the shoryuken is cool looking.
His up-tilt is actually way more efficient, ironically. Get a lucky read with a parry, and pop a sucker with a shoryuken. And it kills way earlier than his up smash, which for some reason can't kill most characters at 120% >_>;

I...want to use her because she was essentially a main in Sm4sh, but she's too effective to the point where literally everything about her is Ike's Nair in terms of effectiveness. It's kind of boring. Hell, she's super strong too for no reason. Why? The balancing on some characters is ridiculous. Some are fast AND strong, and have a ton of range and virtually no landing lag for no reason, while others have so many low points and not enough to compensate for their issues.

Characters like Pichu, Chrom, and the Inklings are headache-inducing in this regard, because they get to be easy-to-use, high-reward, low-risk combo monsters, while Bayonetta, Ken, and Ryu suffer despite being designed as combo characters. I wanted to main Inkling too, but her gun has the hitbox of a sword character with shield pokes and a mixup game that makes certain Soul Calibur character creations seem balanced. I remember back in V, some people would cheese matches by surrounding their custom character with the thunder god drums, so every movement they made was completely ambiguous and impossible to read. It was NOT fun fighting them.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lucina is Marth gimmickless and optimized. When people talk about "swordie" they're really saying "Lucina feat. Ike/Roy occasionally"
So you'd think she'd be an easy main. But I prefer the lack of matchup knowledge with my ****tier swordie.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well I'm gonna add :ultdarksamus: to the "list of characters I'll keep in mind". Been playing her for the last 1/2 hour and she feels pretty good actually. Only lost 1 match during that entire time period.

Gonna play a bit of :ultpiranha: now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Honestly, I dunno much about Dragalia, but of every f2p game I've ever played, Cygames is ****ing generous in Granblue.

Tomorrow's the game's Legendary Fes(Doubled rates for SSR characters), and if they have the 1 character I want, I'm going to spark(Roll 300 times and if I don't get them via that I get to choose them), all based on currency I saved up in the span of 5 months of just playing the game casually, without spending a dime.

That, and every 3~ months they give players the option to just pick any non-limited character with a 10 draw attached that can be saved for later for 25 bucks.
Wow, that's very generous I have to say. Dragalia Lost is pretty good in that department as offhand it's given two free five stars and it's very loose in giving free summons, but Granblue seems to be even better then that. That's pretty much gold standard for a F2P player since you get enough to enjoy the game without feeling like you have to spend anything to do it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, while I appreciate Ike's extreme effectiveness this game, I've been feeling kinda linear with how I've been playing him. Smash 4 had this weird "grappler swordsman" archetype that was super fun albeit pretty bad, but Ultimate Ike seems like everything he does revolves around using, spacing, conditioning and generally optimizing with nair.

I've been rotating around the swordie users around the cast for this reason. Roy's fun to just mash buttons with and win randomly, Shulk's got a disjoint that can make the Belmonts feel a bit nervous, and Marth just feels like he's contantly dancing on the razor's edge.

Shroob

Sup?
Wow, that's very generous I have to say. Dragalia Lost is pretty good in that department as offhand it's given two free five stars and it's very loose in giving free summons, but Granblue seems to be even better then that. That's pretty much gold standard for a F2P player since you get enough to enjoy the game without feeling like you have to spend anything to do it.
That's not even to add that 3 times a year(New Years, anniversary, summer) we get the Roulette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom