• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The objective quality of a sword(wo)man is dependent on the sound their sword makes when it connects

I don't want some namby-pamby swish effect, gimme a satisfying thwack
:ultrobin:'s Levin Sword sound effects are crunchy as heck.
:ultridley:, as much as I love him, has some really wimpy sound effects on his tail for some reason. Yeah I know he's not a real swordsman but let me dream Harold.
:ultmarth:'s sweetspots sound more satisfying then ever in Ultimate. Such a shame they're so hard to land this time around.
:ultganondorf:'s sword sounds almost kind of soft, like it's weight is enough to effortlessly cut through you like butter. I love it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
:ultridley:, as much as I love him, has some really wimpy sound effects on his tail for some reason. Yeah I know he's not a real swordsman but let me dream Harold.
:ultmarth:'s sweetspots sound more satisfying then ever in Ultimate. Such a shame they're so hard to land this time around.
:ultganondorf:'s sword sounds almost kind of soft, like it's weight is enough to effortlessly cut through you like butter. I love it.
ok but for real, ridley is probably the closest thing we've got to a spear wielder

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ok but for real, ridley is probably the closest thing we've got to a spear wielder
Yeah, it's funny how his tail attacks are pretty much exactly like what I always imagined a spear wielder would have.

Forward thrusts with a tipper (Down B, F-tilt)
Rapid thrusts BotW style (Fair, rapid Jab)
Vertical Sweeps (Nair)
Horizontal Sweeps (D-tilt)

It's just his tail attacks though, but those still do tend to be his favorite moves in neutral, making his playstyle a bit theoretical spear fighter-esque.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Preach.

One of the most satisfying sound effects in the game. Also, not as hard as that, but Zelda ' s lightning kicks' sweet spot deserve a mention.

D

Deleted member

PEOPLE!!!
I passed the B2 exams for the title on English with the highest score of my high school!

IM SO HAPPY!

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Bad Luck: Realizing you've caught a cold.
Good Luck: Taking a nap and then finding £50 you didn't realize you had.
Let's agree on Sonic has good and bad games before and after it and that game doesn't exist.
Disclaimer: I was talking about public perceptions, not my own.

As far as the general public is concerned regarding Sonic games, the games after '06 might as well not exist except Mania and maybe Generations.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
I love the sound effects on Chrom’s sword. It just makes me think “wow, that must have hurt”.

Speaking of things hurting, which move do you all think would be the most painful to have performed on you?

For me, it’s easily Bowser Jr forward smash. You’re getting pinned between two drills. Not only does that kill you, but you feel it before you die.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What does it say about me that seeing Thanos dressing as Carol Danvers doesn't really disturb me as much as it should?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
is he a guy from kamen rider

is this all part of your propaganda plan to make me watch kamen rider

stop eexploiting my thirst, gwenshiffertyuz'kl
No he's from Super Sentai. One of his teammates is a badass who attaches strings to her swords to make them ranged attacks. One time she got kidnapped and when Captain Marvelous saved her, while he was half dead, she kicked his stomach and said "took long enough asshole. Gay rights"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
No he's from Super Sentai. One of his teammates is a badass who attaches strings to her swords to make them ranged attacks. One time she got kidnapped and when Captain Marvelous saved her, while he was half dead, she kicked his stomach and said "took long enough *******. Gay rights"
ok but why's he dressed like a pirate

KMDP

Smash Legend
gwenshiffertyuz'kl
Is that her Elder God name?

Speaking of names; according to Noipoi, my name is so incredibly powerful that I can only tell mere mortals the first letter.

Which makes me sound like the Doctor.

Which, as a British person, I am 100% okay with being a Time Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom