• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Seal and Seal are two different words with different meanings that are spelled and pronounced exactly the same.

English is weird.
You can be up for something, or down for something, but the meaning is the same.

I love English, tbh.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Seal and Seal are two different words with different meanings that are spelled and pronounced exactly the same.

English is weird.
Homonym words exist in pretty much every language, though.

One word in mine is used for both "face","swim" and "a hundred".

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You goddamn harlot. If I catch you doing it again you're getting the Seven Pages
Ha. This persona I'm building up here is fun.

I haven't dated in four long goddamn years. Pretty sure after a certain point you forget how.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know what I love when it comes to words?

Palindromes.

Hannah, racecar, madam, "Was it a car or a cat I saw?"

Things like that.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Btw Noipoi Noipoi you should've written in your story why I inexplicably don't go by "God Emperor Yoshi" anymore :yoshi:
Y'know, when you changed names, I don't know why I didn't think to steal your Zinith name and charge you to get it back.

Missed opportunity.

D

Deleted member

...come again? :confused:
How can Alchohol Poisoning be deadly if Normal Drinking isn't but people say Drinking is dangerous but it's not cause if it was People wouldn't do it but people do it cause they like it so is it dangerous or not? cause it's weird and I don't know people are weird and it makes sense but it doesn't cause people drink it but people also get Alchohol Poisioning. I feel like Drinking is a weird hobby but something that might make people die but not really cause Drinking isn
t good but isn't a bad either

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait a minute. You remember? *gasp*

It was you all along! How could you? My likes were blessed!
why would I remove somebody's Like button, I need the validation
I didn't have such power or influence back in those days. But now? Stripping you of your sacred Like button is two simple clicks away. Keep that in mind if you ever feel like going on another liking spree. :p

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yes you absolutely should.
I beat Route A and then started Route B, and got caught up with a bunch of other stuff. Didn't have too much motivation to get back to it because I knew Route B was just the same thing but with minor differences. I know Route C and beyond is where the real rest of the game is, but I still have a ways to go to get there, frustratingly enough.

Almost put that in my thesis project, but I had to narrow down my focus and leave that kind of storytelling out.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

English is weird.
I forget the comedian, and I'd butcher the whole bit, but I remember him trying to make sense of English.

"N-O. No.
G-O. Go.
D-O. Doe? No. That's "doo". "Doe" has an "e" at the end.
Shouldn't that be pronounced do-ee?
No that's "doughy".
The **** are u, g and h doing in there??"

Noipoi

Howdy!
There are moths so big you can actually hear the noises they make. They're like cute little squeaks.

Wonder what noises other bugs make.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still remind the confusion of my classmates when the English Teacher tried to explain the difference between read and read.

D

Deleted member

I beat Route A and then started Route B, and got caught up with a bunch of other stuff. Didn't have too much motivation to get back to it because I knew Route B was just the same thing but with minor differences. I know Route C and beyond is where the real rest of the game is, but I still have a ways to go to get there, frustratingly enough.

Almost put that in my thesis project, but I had to narrow down my focus and leave that kind of storytelling out.
If it helps route B is a bit shorter than A, it helps that some segments are skipped outright and others are easier. Route B also add a lot of background to enemies and bosses from A. Route C is also not as long as A.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There are moths so big you can actually hear the noises they make. They're like cute little squeaks.

Crickets, literally all day during summer: "So glad you asked."

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

To be fair, B has quite a number of differences in its second half. It's the first half that plays out largely the same.

But yeah. if A is Coke, and B is Pepsi, then C is ****ing orange cream soda. And like orange cream soda, it's the best.

When I was at a church summer camp at age, uh... nine, or something, cicadas came out that summer and loudly chirped through the whole camp at night. One of the older kids convinced me those were the sounds of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz up in the trees and it scared the **** out of me the whole week I was there.

True story.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How can Alchohol Poisoning be deadly if Normal Drinking isn't but people say Drinking is dangerous but it's not cause if it was People wouldn't do it but people do it cause they like it so is it dangerous or not? cause it's weird and I don't know people are weird and it makes sense but it doesn't cause people drink it but people also get Alchohol Poisioning. I feel like Drinking is a weird hobby but something that might make people die but not really cause Drinking isn
t good but isn't a bad either
Bro, water is good for you but people still drown.

Everything in moderation, buddy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When I was at a church summer camp at age, uh... nine, or something, cicadas came out that summer and loudly chirped through the whole camp at night. One of the older kids convinced me those were the sounds of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz up in the trees and it scared the **** out of me the whole week I was there.

True story.
Bro Flying Monkeys are real, they steal your shorts.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Bro, water is good for you but people still drown.

Everything in moderation, buddy.
you can also die from drinking too much water but that's neither here nor there

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I forget the comedian, and I'd butcher the whole bit, but I remember him trying to make sense of English.

"N-O. No.
G-O. Go.
D-O. Doe? No. That's "doo". "Doe" has an "e" at the end.
Shouldn't that be pronounced do-ee?
No that's "doughy".
The **** are u, g and h doing in there??"
Meanwhile I occasionally stop typing and stare at the word thinking "Damn do I REALLY spell that word like that?"

Also, fun fact, I've gotten good at reading people over the years, in middle school some ass kept calling everyone a **** (male reproductive organ). The guy was hella homophobic and we'd always fight so I said "Don't swear with what you've never put in your mouth". Because the swear for vaginas is one of the used words in his vocabulary, he forgot what he actually said and went "What makes you think I haven't" before the entire class dragged his ass

Another time I messed with a colleague who usually reacts the same way so after I made a joke about him I posed majestically and went "YOU'RE GONNA SAY 'WATCH YOUR TONGUE' AREN'T YOU?" The only other Jojo fan in the room went hysterical and my colleague was so goddamn shook

D

Deleted member

Are you ok?
Drunkeness is a state where your brain loses a lot of its inhibitions, making you more likely to do stupid ****. Getting drunk can hurt you on the long run and Alcohol poisoning just means that you ingested just too much more than your body can handle.
Alcohol intoxication happens because high amount of alcohol in blood causes brain membrane is recess and neurotransmitter system to malfunction. Alcohol poisoning is just a more serious version of it when you drink so much that your liver can't handle it.
Oooooh so that's bad right? that sounds bad, I know it can hurt people but like why do people like it then? it's kinda dumb.

= I guess it's just life or something Wild like that.

People are weird, and Strange.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Meanwhile I occasionally stop typing and stare at the word thinking "Damn do I REALLY spell that word like that?"
Ah, I do that too. For example, just the other day I was writin' an e-mail to apply for a side job, and I had to spend a good few moments staring at my OWN NAME because it looked like it was spelled weird to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Also, fun fact, I've gotten good at reading people over the years, in middle school some *** kept calling everyone a **** (male reproductive organ). The guy was hella homophobic and we'd always fight so I said "Don't swear with what you've never put in your mouth". Because the swear for vaginas is one of the used words in his vocabulary, he forgot what he actually said and went "What makes you think I haven't" before the entire class dragged his ***

Another time I messed with a colleague who usually reacts the same way so after I made a joke about him I posed majestically and went "YOU'RE GONNA SAY 'WATCH YOUR TONGUE' AREN'T YOU?" The only other Jojo fan in the room went hysterical and my colleague was so goddamn shook
Criminy I wish i was as sassy as you.

I come up with all my cool lines hours after the moment is gone.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's gonna be a nope from me, homie. Ain't no phobia of mine bigger than my fear of moths.
Out of curiosity: Have you played RE: Code Veronica?

(Don't. It's not a great game.)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

One of my worst memories comes from a trip down to Eleuthera I once had when I was in middle school.

They have bat moths there. Moths the size of bats.
Also, there's not many lights outdoor in Eleuthera, so when you go outdoor at night, a giant moth will sometimes zoom in front of your face without warning.

Another thing is, they don't disappear during the day. They go to sleep, and they're EVERYWHERE. Just a bunch of ginormous moths, sitting motionless along the ground everywhere you look.

It's like hell, but worse.

I thought I had gotten over this, but last year, I was sitting at my kitchen table doing some work, when a gigantic moth flew right past my neck and into my house somewhere.

It was the most terrified I'd been in years.

We eventually found it in my brother's room though. So I know it's not in the house anymore, at least.
That's gonna be a nope from me, homie. Ain't no phobia of mine bigger than my fear of moths.
If that's the case, never go to the Bahamas.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
If it helps route B is a bit shorter than A, it helps that some segments are skipped outright and others are easier. Route B also add a lot of background to enemies and bosses from A. Route C is also not as long as A.
Good to know. Part of what put me off was "Oh man, I have to go through all that AGAIN, and then there's still so much more to do?" Because A was pretty long in and of itself.

To be fair, B has quite a number of differences in its second half. It's the first half that plays out largely the same.

But yeah. if A is Coke, and B is Pepsi, then C is ****ing orange cream soda. And like orange cream soda, it's the best.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Because nothing much happens in A, so I knew all the good stuff had to be in C and later, but I didn't have too much motivation to go through B at the time.

I actually haven't been very spoiled on the game these past two years, so safe to say I'm still very curious as to what happens and what all the hubbub is about. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom