• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And to add something to this I am literally the only Duster Supporter out there. I've seen Kumatora Supporters, Porky Supporters, Ninten Supporters but no Duster Supporters which is strange to me since he's a very stand out character and a super cool one too!
Sounds like he got

Left in the dust.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Was it really inspired by The Office? There wasn't an attempt at comedy there, I don't think.
It's a workplace comedy (by the author's own admission), which is a genre that's been around about as long as television itself, but I can safely assume that it's inspired by The Office, Parks and Recreation, or Brooklyn 9-9 or something. He's not the first person in the class to do a workplace comedy. His twist is that it's about a homeowner's association, which in my opinion is actually a really good premise for a show.

But that premise was all he had, apparently. There was only one funny character in the entire script, and even that character was really mundane by television comedy standards. The main character (Gary) was incredibly bland and passive, and the only motivation the author gave him was that he was just trying to "get through life," which isn't motivation at all. There's nothing compelling or interesting about that. Compare that to any comedy series' main characters, who are all almost cartoonish in their personalities and usually have really strong motivations or goals. Which is important, because the comedy usually comes from those characters trying to achieve their goals, running into conflict, and the humor that ensues in that battle.

And while that particular snippet of dialogue may not have been attempting comedy, that's the end of page 3/beginning of page 4, and there was not a funny moment at all, in the first three pages of a comedy script. Nothing really happened in the entire script, really. The episode's climax was at a frat house party (that took place at 10 A.M. or something on a Monday, which is humorous), where the dialogue continued to be flat and there was no real comedy bar the one aforementioned kinda funny character. It ended with the cops showing up and chaos ensuing, but because the characters' motivations and personalities weren't shown or developed, there was no payoff.

I should mention that I am not a comedy writer. I write more serious, dramatic works. So I'm no expert in the field when it comes to this particular genre. But the most basic rule of a series (something my professor stressed when we workshopped this script) is that a series lives and dies based on the characters. Television is a character medium. And if your characters are weak, your show isn't entertaining or engaging.

That's why I wanted to get into series writing. My work is about the characters and their goals, their motivations, and their growth over the course of the series. That's not something movies and video games can achieve very well, since those are more plot-focused mediums. Books can be good for series, but I want my work to be visual, since that's how I see it in my head.

Which is why it really confuses me when so many students in this class turn in works with underdeveloped characters whose personalities and motivations are sometimes underdeveloped. Especially since most of them came from a series development class the previous semester, so it's not like they're coming up with this stuff on the spot. Maybe this particular student wasn't in that class, which would explain some things. In which case, he's here to learn, and it's not like he boasted about his work's quality, so there's nothing wrong with him turning in this kind of work in a place where we're supposed to be improving. I'm just very confused, is all.

Tomorrow, we're going to workshop a hosptial drama script, I think, which is a new one for the class. Interested in seeing where that goes. Then after that, we have some girl's 130-page script, which makes my 84-page script seem tame by comparison. But she's the girl in the class who owns an animation studio, so I'm very curious to see the quality of her work.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And to add something to this I am literally the only Duster Supporter out there. I've seen Kumatora Supporters, Porky Supporters, Ninten Supporters but no Duster Supporters which is strange to me since he's a very stand out character and a super cool one too!
Being pretty much the only vocal Cynthia (Pokémon) supporter, I can relate.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's a workplace comedy (by the author's own admission), which is a genre that's been around about as long as television itself, but I can safely assume that it's inspired by The Office, Parks and Recreation, or Brooklyn 9-9 or something. He's not the first person in the class to do a workplace comedy. His twist is that it's about a homeowner's association, which in my opinion is actually a really good premise for a show.

But that premise was all he had, apparently. There was only one funny character in the entire script, and even that character was really mundane by television comedy standards. The main character (Gary) was incredibly bland and passive, and the only motivation the author gave him was that he was just trying to "get through life," which isn't motivation at all. There's nothing compelling or interesting about that. Compare that to any comedy series' main characters, who are all almost cartoonish in their personalities and usually have really strong motivations or goals. Which is important, because the comedy usually comes from those characters trying to achieve their goals, running into conflict, and the humor that ensues in that battle.

And while that particular snippet of dialogue may not have been attempting comedy, that's the end of page 3/beginning of page 4, and there was not a funny moment at all, in the first three pages of a comedy script. Nothing really happened in the entire script, really. The episode's climax was at a frat house party (that took place at 10 A.M. or something on a Monday, which is humorous), where the dialogue continued to be flat and there was no real comedy bar the one aforementioned kinda funny character. It ended with the cops showing up and chaos ensuing, but because the characters' motivations and personalities weren't shown or developed, there was no payoff.

I should mention that I am not a comedy writer. I write more serious, dramatic works. So I'm no expert in the field when it comes to this particular genre. But the most basic rule of a series (something my professor stressed when we workshopped this script) is that a series lives and dies based on the characters. Television is a character medium. And if your characters are weak, your show isn't entertaining or engaging.

That's why I wanted to get into series writing. My work is about the characters and their goals, their motivations, and their growth over the course of the series. That's not something movies and video games can achieve very well, since those are more plot-focused mediums. Books can be good for series, but I want my work to be visual, since that's how I see it in my head.

Which is why it really confuses me when so many students in this class turn in works with underdeveloped characters whose personalities and motivations are sometimes underdeveloped. Especially since most of them came from a series development class the previous semester, so it's not like they're coming up with this stuff on the spot. Maybe this particular student wasn't in that class, which would explain some things. In which case, he's here to learn, and it's not like he boasted about his work's quality, so there's nothing wrong with him turning in this kind of work in a place where we're supposed to be improving. I'm just very confused, is all.

Tomorrow, we're going to workshop a hosptial drama script, I think, which is a new one for the class. Interested in seeing where that goes. Then after that, we have some girl's 130-page script, which makes my 84-page script seem tame by comparison. But she's the girl in the class who owns an animation studio, so I'm very curious to see the quality of her work.
I dunno, maybe it's because cartoons is what i'm trying to do, but I don't find it that hard to make kinda funny characters with clear motivations. I'm not saying every character i've written is strong and compelling, but you could tell what they're about. You know what they want.

Also, writing comedy sounds hard. I hope i'm as funny as I think I am.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Out of all the Zelda games, I still have the most vivid memories of Skyward Sword. It may be kind of annoying at times, but it's visually beautiful and there were a lot of characters I really enjoyed. The ending had me weeping, honestly.

What is/are your biggest gaming faux pas(es?)?

One of mine.......I've never played Majora's Mask, yet I claim to be a huge Zelda fan.
I'm a fan of SMT, but the only SMT related game I've even completed is Persona 5. I've seen playthroughs of Digital Devil Saga and SMT Nocturne, but I can't get past the first dungeon of SMT IV. Sorry, Idon Idon .

D

Deleted member

Definitely start pulling now. The next few days are probably your best chances of pulling SSR characters/weapons/summons all year.

Also, you can add me and Shroob to your friend list when you get the chance.
When I get the Chance I'll definitely try to do that.
Sounds like he got

Left in the dust.
Aw man I was researching where his limp was and it was in his left leg I was going to make a pun like "Right where he belongs" cause I thought his limp was in his right leg for a second. I wish I could've responded with a pun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw man I was researching where his limp was and it was in his left leg I was going to make a pun like "Right where he belongs" cause I thought his limp was in his right leg for a second. I wish I could've responded with a pun.
Sounds like your attempt at a joke was

crippled

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Out of all the Zelda games, I still have the most vivid memories of Skyward Sword. It may be kind of annoying at times, but it's visually beautiful and there were a lot of characters I really enjoyed. The ending had me weeping, honestly.

I'm a fan of SMT, but the only SMT related game I've even completed is Persona 5. I've seen playthroughs of Digital Devil Saga and SMT Nocturne, but I can't get past the first dungeon of SMT IV. Sorry, Idon Idon .
Don't worry about it.

Minotaur is a ****ing ass-hole and your friends don't really help either.
Smirk makes matches both really volatile and really momentum based, which is tough when the boss can crit you, which lets him smirk, which lets him crit you again, while your friends attack his nulls which gives him even more smirks.

This is practically the only time I ever recommend grinding, and it's getting to a level where you can fuse Jack Frost and bufu his ass into high heaven. From then, the game's relatively fine.
flynn feeding jack frost cookie.jpg

Also yeah, Skyward Sword gets a bad rap, but honestly I'm a way bigger fan of its plot, setting, and characters than BotW's.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still support Rex wholeheartedly. I loved XBC2, despite some shortcomings.

Just wasn't as good as the first XBC.
YOU CANNOT SAY THIS KNOWING THERE WERE TIMED QUESTS, TIMED QUESTS WERE THE WORST ****ING THING. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW JIPPED WE GOT FOR KLAUS' BACKSTORY. AND THE TUTORIALS WEREN'T EVEN THAT BAD.

I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE MY GODDAMN WIIMOTE. WITHOUT THE STRAP.

scott throws a wiimote.png

Anyways, hey, it's your friendly TotsBS! Hey all, Scott here! Man, can't wait for Joker in April, right?
(should probably iterate this is a ****post but I do have some thoughts on the matter lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Skimmed through the past few pages, and damn. I kinda have the first part of my signature as a joke, but man, now it really seems as if I'm the only one who still supports Rex out here, cause sheesh.

View attachment 201931
Nah dude, I am in full support of him too. I just don't have a signature for all the characters I want at the moment. It's not just Rex I'm rooting for either. Pyra's kind of an underdog choice because of the Blade & Driver system, but I'd take either really. There's a lot that can be done with either or both.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
YOU CANNOT SAY THIS KNOWING THERE WERE TIMED QUESTS, TIMED QUESTS WERE THE WORST ****ING THING. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW JIPPED WE GOT FOR KLAUS' BACKSTORY. AND THE TUTORIALS WEREN'T EVEN THAT BAD.

I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE MY GODDAMN WIIMOTE. WITHOUT THE STRAP.

View attachment 201944
akko.PNG

H-Hey, man, no need to resort to such unhinged and violent tactics...! We're all friends here, right?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nah dude, I am in full support of him too. I just don't have a signature for all the characters I want at the moment. It's not just Rex I'm rooting for either. Pyra's kind of an underdog choice because of the Blade & Driver system, but I'd take either really. There's a lot that can be done with either or both.
Like I’m rooting for Rex and Pyra/Mythra as a team character because I feel like there’s a good amount of unique moveset potential with them together.

Shroob

Sup?
Asking the deepest L O R E questions here.

How does Kirby know what pants feel like if no one on Pop Star even wears them?

D

Deleted member

I'm not doing anything for April Fools and I don't have any ideas for it either as I'm new here so I don't even know how you would go about messing with someone like that.

D

Deleted member

One of mine.......I've never played Majora's Mask, yet I claim to be a huge Zelda fan.
Probably:
-While I've played most FF, I've not excuse for not having finished IV yet considering I always drop it in the room before the final boss
-I still need to play MGS one day even owning several PS consoles and even the collection plus V
-I have never finished any of the NES Zeldas even if they are my favorite franchise (Neither got the true ending for the oracle games, but that was due to me being dumb and never getting the codes to work :b)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm interested.
Basically, a demon possessed your girlfriend's body, and now you got a magic demon girl wearing a tight leather outfit and can cast magic who shares her body with your girlfriend's now.

Lemme tell ya, the 90's were weird.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ironically, I officially joined this site 5 days after April Fools Day last year, so I didn’t experience it firsthand.

However, I was a lurker when RidleyBoards happened last year, so I’m curious to see what character/thing we meme into Smash next.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Smashboards: The Fanfic

CHAPTER 6

THE MUSICAL

(You'll know a character is singing when their text is colored and these "~" appear around their words. Mixed colors mean the characters are singing together. Click the links if you want to know what songs the characters are singing. Ignore them if you enjoy being confused.)

Dark Queen Cyn Cyn sat on her throne, her palm placed firmly on her forehead. She sent those fools to the Hunger games to watch them die, yet somehow they were surviving. One had even defeated Hugh Neutron, her mightiest warrior. It didn't matter who she sent, Thomas, Thanos Car, Sans even joined the blue-haired idiot. It's been one of those days... With a sigh, she slumped into her throne. "I swear, i'm going to eviscerate the next fool who steps into this room." @NateVO stepped into the room. Cyndane smiled sadistically, and started charging dark energy in her hand. "Today's your lucky day! Hold still." Nate paled, and frantically tried to explain. "W-w-wait! There's someone here to see you, your cruelness!" Cyndane stopped charging, and allowed Nate to let the visitor in. It'd be better to kill some rando, as opposed to someone who works for her. Nate soon returned with an innocent looking Pokemon. It was @Brelooming Disaster the most innocent person in existence! "I heard you were being a meanie." He started "I came to ask you to stop." Cyndane was dumbfounded. in all her years and of all the heroes who tried to stop her, no one had simply asked. Was this guy that innocent? Cyndane suddenly got an idea, an awful idea, a wonderful awful idea. She could use this poor boy, she could use him to destroy those fools! She put on her best friendly face, and looked down upon her guest with the fakest, kindest smile she could muster. "Me? A meanie? Perish the thought!" She signaled her guard @NonSpecificGuy, and he proceeded to summon music from...somewhere. Then Cyndane did the most wicked, insane, dastardly thing she's ever done, she started singing. ~Hello friend, i'm Queen Cyndane, as you can clearly see. Don't worry i'm totally not one of those EVIL QUEENS! You've read about in fairy tales, or seen in the movies. And there's no reason at all to be suspicious of...ME!~ She circled Breloom as she sang, while Nonspecificguy, Nate, Idon Idon and @PeridotGX helped her preform this twisted song and dance. Breloom was inflicted with confusion. ~I'm SO not a villain, I have zero evil plans. No ulterior motives, just wanna help where I can! I wanna shower you with gifts, cuz i'm selfless and sweet. So there's no reason at all to be suspicious of...~ The chamber started shaking, and her dark throne rose from the ground as she continued to sing on it. ~Queen Cyndania Malevoli, The least evil queen in history! And if you do not believe me, I totally won't imprison your family. Cuz that'd be EVIL! And that's sooo...NOT ME!~ Everyone struck a pose at that final line, and Breloom had absolutely zero idea what to think of what just happened. "Um...Okay. I'm just gonna go..." but as he turned to leave Cyndane's guards blocked his exit. "What's wrong?" she asked with an evil grin as she appeared behind him. "Why don't you stay awhile?" She motioned for her minions. "Send in the freaks, hopefully they can deal with those idiots. me and my new friend are going to have some to have some fun."

In a tower that rose high above the large area Cyndane's Hunger Games took place in, two of her guards sat and watched. There hadn't been many murders recently, so they've been pretty bored. Not to mention the tower doesn't have WiFi. Those guards were osby osby and his boss @Just a penguin.
Yes, osby worked for a penguin. Yes, you can laugh. osby noticed the suspicious lack of chaos in the field. "Hey, you think we should check on them? They've been pretty quiet down there." The penguin looked almost offended. "You dare tell em what to do?" "No, I just "SILENCE!" The penguin cut off his explanation. "What am I?" the penguin asked. osby sighed like a broken man, and responded "Number 1." "And what are you?" asked the penguin. osby sighed even deeper, and responded "Number 2..." The penguin seemed satisfied with the answer, but he wanted to make sure his underling really understood. He pulled out a piano, and started to play. ~I'm number one, you're number two. We're criminals at large, but i'm at larger than you. I'm number one, you're number two. I believe in equality, as long as you get less than me!~ The penguin rose and continued to sing, and osby followed him while mumbling his parts. ~I'm one.~ ~You're one.~ ~You're number two!~ ~I'm number two...~ ~You may think that you're smarter, but i'm smarter-er than you. I'm number one, you're number two! You're lucky to be number two not number three!~ They walked towards the balcony of the tower, but the penguin opened the door directly into osby. He did it on purpose. ~I can see by the look in your eye you want to get a bigger piece of the pie. One day you'll get your chance, but in the mean time, you've got to dance monkey dance!~ osby reluctantly started dancing. ~Really? I hate dancing.~ ~Do it! Dance monkey dance!~ The penguin marched around the tower balcony, bursting with self importance. In the mean time, osby decided to sing to himself.
~I'm number two, he's number one. Working for a penguin really isn't that fun. I'm number two, he's number one. ~I'm number one!~ ~You know your life is absurd, when your boss is a bird.~ osby then stood up, invigorated by the potential the future holds. ~I can see it's just a matter of time before he's gone and i'm at the front of the line! It won't be long 'till I get my chance! But in the mean time, i've got to dance monkey dance...~ Once again osby danced, but this time the penguin wanted to join him. ~Dance monkey dance! Now watch me!~ The penguin started to tap dance. His feet were really happy. osby and the penguin decided to bring it on home. ~I'm number one!~ ~He's number one!~ ~You're number two!~ ~I'm number two!~ ~That's it kid! There you go! Now step aside, this ain't your show! I'm one!~ ~"i'M oNe"~ ~I'm number one!~ ~Yes we know...~ ~IIIII"M~ ~Heeee's...~ ~NUMBER OOOONE!~
The penguin did a little tap dance on osby's head. ~That's how it's done.~ osby had to admit, the song was nice. But he really wished he' wouldn't get pushed around. If only something could just whisk him away from here. Suddenly, he noticed something. He looked into the distance and saw them.
osby paled, while the penguin grinned and clapped his flippers. Wherever the resistance was, they wouldn't be here for long. The freaks were coming.

@Luigi The President and @RandomAce had led the group into the open field, searching for Noipoi. @ClaTheBae hoped Noi was okay. AndreaAC AndreaAC hoped her Ridleys were okay. Zinith Zinith was still hungry. @Mr. Wario made sure his cursed Pearl doll wasn't cold by putting a nice lil' coat on her. @tehponycorn knew **** was about to go down. But @Smashing Ramen still hadn't gotten over the death of his hero, despite his friends constantly trying to cheer him up. @staindgrey had gotten sick of his moping, and he stepped in front of him. "Look, dude. I know you're upset but there was nothing you could do." "But..." whimpered Smashing Ramen "But I killed him!" staindgrey sighed, placed his hands on his shoulders, looked deep into his eyes, and sang a song he sung to himself whenever life got him down. ~You are the ocean's grey waves.~ ~Destined to seek life beyond the shore just out of reach!~ Mr. Wario cut in and interrupted staindgrey. "Dude what the Hell, man! That was my song!" "Well you weren't singing right!" Mr. Wario stuck out his tongue, and proceeded to squid-bag. "Oh that's it!" staindgrey was about to sock Mr. Wario, when they heard the laughter. They turned to see Smashign Ramen on his back, howling with glee. Seeing their friend in a good mood cheered the grou up, and soon everyone followed. A good time was had by all. "Hey!" a voice called out, and the gang looked up to see a holographic image of the radical KarneraMythos KarneraMythos . "I've got @ShinyLegendary creating a hologram so I can speak to you, but it won't last long." "Alright, what's up?" asked Cla. "TURN AROUND AND FIND OUT!" hollered Karnera. The group turned around to see a huge dust cloud moving towards them. As the cloud approached. the beings within were soon made clear. A horde, a swarm, a stampede of Freaks. But not just any freaks, Freddie Freakers! They were all dancing, spasming, and preparing to eat our heroes alive."Oh God, Oh ****!" cried @faygoshill. "We're all gonna die!" exclaimed Cla. Tehponycorn however, wasn't scared. "Don;t worry guys, I got this. Persona!" In a flash of light, his persona materialized. Turns out it was Joker, the guy tehponycorn resembled the most. They literally looked and acted exactly alike in every single way. "W-wait hold on, are you me?" the Persona asked, confused. "Maybe..." answered an equally confused tehponycorn. "Does that mean you and I are exactly alike?" wondered the persona. tehponycorn pondered for a moment, then answered "I suppose so." The Persona decided to test their similarities, through song!

~Do you want some rice pudding?~ ~Ech, no that's gross!~ ~It was a test! Almond Brittle?~ ~Ooh, I love it the most!~ ~Me too!~ tehponycorn then pulled up a picture of a blocky game. ~Do you play Minecraft?~ ~Yeah! Just in case. ~Steve Gang posters become the dominant race!~ They then started to dance together. ~I've been alone all these years.~ ~With my irrational fears (but not the Steve gang thing, that's gonna happen.~ ~But now before me I see!~ ~Someone with whom I agree!~ ~I found a brand new best friend, and it's me!~ ~I found a brand new best friend, and it's me!~ ~Now that i've found you!~ ~We can be a duo, that's right!~ ~Twice the Joker. Double Ponycorn!~ ~Coming at you, Fridays!~ As tehponycorn finished the song, the persona blankly stared at his human. "What, are we doing a show?" tehponycorn didn't really know how to answer that question "I dunno, we could. We should!" Cla groaned, and cut in. "I hate to ruin this shining example of self love, but we're going to DIE!" As tehponycorn and his persona were singing, our heroes tried and failed to ward off the freaks. They were beaten, and they were about to be eaten. "I'd prefer not to die, sooo..." tehponycorn's Persona vanished back to wherever they go. "W-what! get back here, I thought we were besties!" cried tehpony. He then turned to face the slowly advancing freaks, hunger in their eyes. But as the group prepared for the end, they heard something. Singing.

~Food, glorious food. I'm anxious to try it.~ It was Zinith, who then pranced into the crowd of freaks, Still singing and dancing as they advanced upon him. ~Three banquets a day! my favorite diet! The freaks were even closer now, and they were ready to pounce! ~Just picture a Freaker steak, fried, roasted or stewed! Oh, food wonderful food, marvelous food, glorious food!~ He ate the small crowd that was surrounding him, and moved onto the rest. ~Food glorious food! Poached freaker served flambe. Broth made from his mom, or Freddie filled souffle!~ The only thing that stopped the singing was his own tongue, cracking like a whip at every freak who crossed his path. ~Why should I be fated to do nothing but brood on food magical food, wonderful food, glorious food!~ The rest of the guys just kinda stared at him, not out of fear or respect, mostly intrigue. How is this guy fighting, eating, and singing?
~Food glorious food, i'll pick off the dead ones. Go ahead and be rude, soon i'll be the fed one!~ He nimbly dodged and jumped over the remaining crazed Freakers lunging at him, who knew exactly what was going on and were desperate to avoid their fates. ~Just thinking of raw red meat, puts me in the mood for food glorious food, marvelous food, fabulous food, beautiful food!~ He caught the last Freaker's fist, and stared and stared him in the eyes. ~magical fooood! Glorious FOOOOD!~ And with that, no Freakers remained. "So you can speak without brackets!" exclaimed Cla. "What? Uh I mean-Yoshi?"
But the damage was done, his secret was out. Zinith could say more words than Yoshi.

Noipoi, Incineroar, and Sans sat near a rushing waterfall. If Cyndane was to be defeated, Noipoi needed to train. Hard. Incineroar wasted no time, and began shouting orders. Well, more like singing orders. ~Let's get down to business. To defeat Cyndane.~ Sans joined in too. ~you sure you can do this? cuz you're pretty lame.~ ~You're the wimpiest kid i've ever met, but you can bet before we're through. Brother i'll make a man put of you.~ Incineroar led them to the forest. Sans napped on a rock, but Noipoi and Incineroar ran through the forest as fast as they could. ~Tranquil as a forest, that's been set on fire. Just kill your opponents, you are sure to win! Noipoi ran headfirst into a tree, and he fell to the ground. Incineroar stood over him, angry. ~You're a spineless, weird, pathetic dork. And you haven't got a clue. Somehow I'll make a man out of you.~ Noipoi was then tasked with climbing an incredibly high mountain.
~I'm never gonna catch my breath, say goodbye to those who knew me. Boy was I a fool for always cutting gym.~ He fell from the mountain. Next he had to dodge Incineroar's fire blasts while balancing on a rock in the river. Sans wasn't helpful. ~good god, you look scared to death.~ ~Hope he doesn't see right through me...~ He was knocked off the rock, and sent rushing down the river. ~Now I really wish that I knew how to swim!~ That night he was tasked with facing Incineroar in a one on one fight. he was losing. ~(To Be A Man)~ ~We must be swift as the coursing river~ another blow to Noipoi's gut. ~With all the force as a great typhoon.~ Right in Noipoi's nose! He's down, and he's not getting up! ~With all the strength of a raging fire.~ He looked up as Incineroar turned from him and faced the full moon. ~Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!~ Noipoi then had to follow Incienroar as he jumped from tree to tree. Sans just teleported like a dirty cheater. ~Time is racing toward us, till Cyndane arrives. heed my every order, and you might survive.~ Noipoi couldn't quite make the next jump, and he fell to the ground hard. Incienroar looked down at him in shame. ~You're unsuited for the rage of war. So pack up, go home, you're through. How could I make a man out of you?~ Noipoi picked himself up again, and tried to climb that mountain. Sans tried to cheer him on. ~(to be a man) you must be swift as the coursing river.~ His hand slipped. ~with all the force of a great typhoon.~ He caught himself just in time. ~with all the strength of a raging fire.~ Almost there! ~mysterious as the dark side of the moon!~ He made it! Noipoi climbed the mountain! He cheered, Sans grinned, and Incineroar watched with pride from afar. Perhaps he wasn't a lost cause after all.
XD Oh my gosh. Too many yet funny songs! Great work, Noi! I might have used earplugs in some cases!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Basically, a demon possessed your girlfriend's body, and now you got a magic demon girl wearing a tight leather outfit and can cast magic who shares her body with your girlfriend's now.

I'm still interested.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I dunno, maybe it's because cartoons is what i'm trying to do, but I don't find it that hard to make kinda funny characters with clear motivations. I'm not saying every character i've written is strong and compelling, but you could tell what they're about. You know what they want.

Also, writing comedy sounds hard. I hope i'm as funny as I think I am.
It can be tricky to give characters good motivations, and making them funny can also be a bit harrowing. But for some people it comes naturally. Comedy doesn't come to me very naturally, though I did manage some comedic moments in my script where appropriate.

Motivations aren't that hard, though. Good motivations might be difficult to work out, but any motivation is better than no motivation, which is what all the characters in his script had.

I'll have to clarify that my exhaustion and attitude regarding classmates' works is that I'm in my final semester of college, I've read dozens of people's short stories and scripts, and there's very little imagination in 8 or 9 out of 10 works. If I had a dollar for every story that involved alcohol, bars, clubs, parties, relationships, or angels/demons, I could buy a nice dinner for two. Yeah, I don't get the angels/demons thing either. I think it comes from people being inspired by Supernatural or generic young adult novels.

Last semester, the screenrwiting class I took had this one girl whose script was about a serial killer who had a devil on his shoulder (named Asmodeus; oddly, another girl completely independently also had a devil named Asmodeus in her script). This devil compelled him to kill young women to keep him out of hell. As someone who's also taken several theology classes, this kind of thing drives me nuts. What's worse, the story was basically that he manages to kidnap her, brutally torture and kill her (in graphic detail), and then... that's it. No meaning, no greater message about humanity, just terrible premise with an awful execution (pun intended). Which is funny, because stories without any meaning or message was exactly what my professor told us was bad in the beginning of the class, but that somehow slipped this girl's mind. You could tell my professor was trying to be kind and constructive to her script, despite previously talking mad **** about a horror movie he saw that had the same exact problem.

What made the situation even worse was that this girl would also be the first to chime in with criticisms on other people's scripts when it was their days. I don't think a compliment ever came out of her mouth. She'd tell people that she thought their characters were flat and stuff, despite her script being no less flat than theirs. There was one day in particular where there was one minute of class yet and we were wrapping up, but she raised her hand right before the professor dismissed us just to criticize the other student's work, and then she immediately packed her things and left. I'm just thankful she wasn't there the day my script was workshopped, because by then I was pretty fed up with her.

My creative writing classes were generally better. But the last two that I took were ones that you had to apply to get into, and only 15 people would be accepted, so it filtered out a lot of the people who wouldn't have been good contributors to the class. There were still some irksome scripts there, but everyone there were nice people and more serious about the literary craft in general, so I have a lot of respect for them. Problem is, I was writing silly alien sci-fi stories set in a series, while they were all tackling more self-contained genre fiction, which made me feel like a bit of a black sheep.

In this series writing class, at least, the first script we workshopped was for a sci-fi action series, just like mine. And a handful of students' scripts are for animated works, too. So I feel more at home in this class than I have in any other class I've taken, even if I scratch my head at some of their writing.

osby

Smash Obsessed

You forgot about the part where her moveset changes depending on whether you think she's cheerful, aloof or sexy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Let’s see...
I’ve played a lot of games but not a lot of some of the more “major” sounding series’ brought up in this thread a lot.

Metroid, DMC, RE, Doom, etc

I also tend to have an open minded opinion on things a lot of people are polarized on but, unfortunately for my image, I tend to look like a contrarian because some popular games happen to not be super appealing to me at the moment

Also I play Roblox

D

Deleted member

View attachment 201947
H-Hey, man, no need to resort to such unhinged and violent tactics...! We're all friends here, right?
Look. When you're out here fighting against the front lines, things about you change. Things change very... very drastically. You begin to lose sight of who you really are, what people you saw as friends, allies... or enemies. I was out here after the eighth day of March, willingly getting ready to breach all the support for my fellow salvager. Even that one black guy with the Guile haircut pushed for... Who we call around here, the "Scarlet Dandelion". Time is a fickle thing. It makes you more giddier, thinking you'll be ready for the moment of truth, when in actuality, that's never the case.

During those times in the trenches, with my tablet in hand, I still went on my adventure through the sea of clouds and titans. I fell in love with, what I previously misjudged and incorrectly stated as "terrible"... Seein' that boy's story gripped my heart, nuts and all with a ride like you've never seen before. I felt many emotions going through me during my time out here, fighting against the crafting blocks... flames from a muscular feline and the... theorists.

Every broadcast that the Japanese man in leopard had, with his purple and yellow chairs, I was rooting for others, don't get me wrong. But I was waiting for my boy to come home from the war, much like a wife does waiting for her husband to come back. As each month went on, when I finally completed the job of seeing my boy through his adventure, I could've never wanted to push for someone in my entire life. It felt like I was a supportive father watching my son at graduation.

But on that fateful day in November... It's where it all changed. We thought we won the war. But it was too late. The reports came back that our boy was dead. I was there alongside people of all races and colors -- even the man with the Guile haircut -- it felt like world peace, before the report came. Seeing the clothes being worn on that... thing.... Then, "friends" you thought were your friends turned on you when you needed it the most. They began to spit on the legacy he had and our efforts, thus, leading to this very moment. The war had ended, but we're all still reeling back from the war.

I'm a changed man, Hinata.

It ain't Scott here anymore... Just a hollow shell with a tiny spark of soul left, wondering if it's worth it or not.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You forgot about the part where her moveset changes depending on whether you think she's cheerful, aloof or sexy.
Yeah but I have not met a single person that hasn't picked "Sexy defines her" just because of how hilarious it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom