• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My top three favorite Zelda Games from most to least are 1) Majora's Mask 2) Wind Waker 3) Skyward Sword.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What is/are your biggest gaming faux pas(es?)?

One of mine.......I've never played Majora's Mask, yet I claim to be a huge Zelda fan.
Let's see...

Even though I claim to be a semi-causal FE fan, the only FE game I've played is Heroes.
Even though I talk about Xeno/Xenoblade a lot, the only game I've played from the series is Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Despite me claiming to be a major Granblue Fantasy fan, I've only been playing the game for 2 months (and I'm not even Rank 40 yet).
Never played a Metroid game despite maining Ridley and playing Dark Samus occasionally.

Shroob

Sup?
My only gripe(besides the controls) was a lack of locales.

You had Desert, Volcano, and Forest, and you went to each what, 3~ times each? There was Skyloft and Thunderhead too but those were more like hubs.

I understand it's supposed to be 'the first game in the timeline', but the locales felt stale.

Now you 'can' make the same place interesting like what they did with the sand ship, but the other two areas were...meh.

D

Deleted member

What is/are your biggest gaming faux pas(es?)?

One of mine.......I've never played Majora's Mask, yet I claim to be a huge Zelda fan.
Despite me claiming that I'm a fan of the Mother Franchise the only game in it that I really like is Mother 3.

I claim to be a Banjo fan but the only game I played in it's franchise is Banjo-Kazooie and a little bit of Nuts & Bolts.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah, old RE was amateur hour. But at least it has the excuse of being a game from 1996, back when the standard for video game dialogue was pretty low, and almost no games attempted that level of voice acting.

This script is from a guy who's trying to do a workplace comedy, like The Office or Parks and Recreation. You know, some of the most popular and influential TV comedies of the generation. And all his characters are flat and unfunny, somehow. He didn't seem too enthusiastic about his script and seemed to acknowledge its issues, so it's not like he thought his work was great, but I don't know how you get inspired by comedy shows and somehow not write anything comedic.
Was it really inspired by The Office? There wasn't an attempt at comedy there, I don't think.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Give me a Link with a robot arm that can be transformed with the items he gathers in his adventures:
Link concept art.jpg

Metal Gear Solid V, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro, and now Zelda.
One Arm Wonders

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh, and another video game faux pas...

I should've been the "Yoshi guy" MUCH sooner :yoshi:
Woah woah woah

You're telling me you didn't pop out the womb saying "Have you heard about Yoshi?" despite the fact that the character wouldn't be a droplet in Miyamoto's mind at the time?

God, I gotta rewrite my list of headcanons I have about your lives.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Despite Pokemon being my absolute favorite game series of all time, i've never played the original Red and Blue.
To be honest, beyond historical knowledge, you aren't really missing much.

D

Deleted member

Skimmed through the past few pages, and damn. I kinda have the first part of my signature as a joke, but man, now it really seems as if I'm the only one who still supports Rex out here, cause sheesh.

stumped scott.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Woah woah woah

You're telling me you didn't pop out the womb saying "Have you heard about Yoshi?" despite the fact that the character wouldn't be a droplet in Miyamoto's mind at the time?

I was born exactly 80 days after Super Mario World launched. :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah this thread kind of convinced me to try out Granblue so earlier today I downloaded Granblue and I'm gonna give it a try in a little bit.

I've been wanting to try a new gatcha game that isn't Dokkan, Treasure Cruise or Heroes so I hope they aren't stingy with their pulls cause those games certainly can be at times.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Woah woah woah

What's your headcanon of my life?
Not to mention that Miyamoto wanted Yoshi (or something similar) to be a part of Mario since SMB1.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Then why didn't you tell the doctor's about Yoshi???

You have one job

Skimmed through the past few pages, and damn. I kinda have the first part of my signature as a joke, but man, now it really seems as if I'm the only one who still supports Rex out here, cause sheesh.

View attachment 201931
Bro, i'm out here supporting Frisk and Sans.

Frisk and Sans.

You're not alone.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah this thread kind of convinced me to try out Granblue so earlier today I downloaded Granblue and I'm gonna give it a try in a little bit.

I've been wanting to try a new gatcha game that isn't Dokkan, Treasure Cruise or Heroes so I hope they aren't stingy with their pulls cause those games certainly can be at times.
*Car Crash Noise*

D

Deleted member

View attachment 201931
I still support Rex I'm just not very Vocal about it as they're practically deconfirmed, Maybe a Season 2 can spice up things.

And sometimes it feels like I'm the last surviving Geno supporter in this thread so you aren't alone in that feeling.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You're name is so powerful you have to abbreviate it all the time, and you just tell people it's too weird to say.
I have only told my true name to one user on this site (unless you count the Admins who can presumably look at my E-Mail address at any time).

That one user is Mythra.

But yes, I'm like the Doctor, my name is not only a source of great power, but it's also unpronounceable in your mortal tongues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For Smash or just in general?
I mean, I guess you could look at it both ways.

Bro, i'm out here supporting Frisk and Sans.

Frisk and Sans.

You're not alone.
The problem is that your game you're pushing for is universally loved, where as the latter on mine is universally hated on here.
It really be rough out here.

Shroob

Sup?

But ya, ya got any questions, hmu, I'm the biggest Granblue nut on the whole site.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Shroob Shroob

We got another one. :bee:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still support Rex I'm just not very Vocal about it as they're practically deconfirmed, Maybe a Season 2 can spice up things.

And sometimes it feels like I'm the last surviving Geno supporter in this thread so you aren't alone in that feeling.
I’m gonna admit, I don’t have as many issues with Rex as others do, but my support for him in Smash mostly boils down to his unique moveset potential rather than anything character related.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have only told my true name to one user on this site (unless you count the Admins who can presumably look at my E-Mail address at any time).

That one user is Mythra.

But yes, I'm like the Doctor, my name is not only a source of great power, but it's also unpronounceable in your mortal tongues.
"Your"

Weak.

My name is so powerful that even I can't pronounce it.

D

Deleted member

But ya, ya got any questions, hmu, I'm the biggest Granblue nut on the whole site.
Alright I'll make sure to whenever I need some advice. I'm thinking about posting like a journal for my first week playing Granblue for Pulls and stuff just to spice things up for the fun of it.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright I'll make sure to whenever I need some advice. I'm thinking about posting like a journal for my first week playing Granblue for Pulls and stuff just to spice things up for the fun of it.
If you're going to start, do so now. There's 3 days left in the free draw roulette wheel.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

View attachment 201931
I still support Rex wholeheartedly. I loved XBC2, despite some shortcomings.

Just wasn't as good as the first XBC.

D

Deleted member

If you're going to start, do so now. There's 3 days left in the free draw roulette wheel.
Alright I already have it installed so I'll try to play tonight or tomorrow, likely tomorrow though since it's late but if I do play some tonight it'll likely only be past the Tutorial.

And to add something to this I am literally the only Duster Supporter out there. I've seen Kumatora Supporters, Porky Supporters, Ninten Supporters but no Duster Supporters which is strange to me since he's a very stand out character and a super cool one too!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Definitely start pulling now. The next few days are probably your best chances of pulling SSR characters/weapons/summons all year.

Also, you can add me and Shroob to your friend list when you get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom