• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Amazing Tier: Zack E, Ovaltine, Noipoi, PsySmasher, KMDP, Staindgrey, TehPonyCorn, Cutie Gwen, Gentlepanda, Faygoshill and Zinith.

Great Tier: NateVO, Smashing Ramen, Wademan94, ShinyLegendary, Arigarmy, KarneraMythos, Thesaurus 30, EarlTamm, Teeb, Mythra, Hinata, Idon, SneakyLink and Ryumo.

Awesome Tier: Letter O, Praline, Papagenos and MissingGlitch.

Pretty Good Tier: Brelooming.

Garbage Tier: Me.

Only reason I put Brelooming in "Pretty Good" is cause I know the least about them, They're still totally cool and I like them. I like everyone here so it was hard to decide on who to put where, we can agree that Steve is the best User here anyways.
Uh Please don't kill me this is mostly a joke don't take it seriously everyone here is amazing and I would've put everyone in Amazing tier but that would be a Cop Out
Ah, I see, you're challenging me to a fight.

When and where?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ugh, I'm really not excited for ANOTHER open world Zelda game. -_-.

I'm sorry but BoTW is overrated. It's good but It's just TOO big. I just wanted the game end already by the time I got the 3rd Divine Beast. The Divine Beasts were actually my favorite part of the game but they're TOO short. And seriously, enough with the open world fad, it's tiresome.
I liked the open world but the Divine Beasts were not enough imo. I would want to keep the large world and have the traditional dungeons headed by a unique boss sprinkled about.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I'm sorry but BoTW is overrated. It's good but It's just TOO big. I just wanted the game end already by the time I got the 3rd Divine Beast. The Divine Beasts were actually my favorite part of the game but they're TOO short. And seriously, enough with the open world fad, it's tiresome.
tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500 (1).jpg

Being serious, I look forward to another open world Zelda game if only for seeing the BoTW approach refined.

Open world Legend of Zelda with actual dungeons? Sign me the **** up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I need about 3 more of 'em

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I found FFXV to be great, I could look over most of it's misgivings as being the fault of Nomura's ****ing around with Dev changing hands and Square forcing it out earlier because, enough is enough, you gotta release it before it becomes unprofitable.

Maybe it's because I came at it from that scope but I genuinely loved it. The music is great, combat is fun, the world is beautiful albeit a touch restrictive, the characters are all ones I want to be around and Ardyn is genuinely one of my favourite villains ever.

The story was a decent attempt but having to cut stuff made things difficult, Luna should have had a far greater presence so I actually care about her beyond being told she's getting married to Noctis.

Game Development ****ing sucks

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Was one announced?

I enjoyed Breath of the Wild a lot. On my first run, I got all the shrines and about half the Korok seeds. On my second, I made it a 100% completionist run where I explored every location, did every shrine, did every sidequest, and found all 900 Korok seeds.

But the game's sidequests mostly suck (get X amount of item, bring to person, get Rupees), the Divine Beasts are too short and too similar for how significant and built-up they are, and the story is anemic.

What the game does get right is its world and exploration. Given that you enjoyed the Divine Beasts most, I'm guessing you're pining for the more traditional 3D Zelda format with less exploration and more dungeons.

Which is what I prefer, too. Open-world sandbox games are a dime a dozen nowadays and it just comes off as token, like crafting systems and RNG cosmetics. The older Zelda games are much more linear, but I don't mind linear games any more than open-world ones and replay them just the same. I've probably beaten Twilight Princess about 10 times, and Wind Waker, OoT, and Majora's Mask all twice as well, with most of those being 100% runs.

How many of the old 3D Zeldas have you played?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
BotW capitalized on the feeling of exploration and freedom which was fantastic.

It's just everything that I actually liked about Zelda and what I bought Zelda games for was gone or heavily limited.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Just give me more dungeons. Like, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword level dungeons. Everything else can stay the same. Everything else was perfect.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You've been a top tier poster for me since day 1.

When I was lurking I knew you were rad.
7d5f4db87e2217b2eafd8ed910bbb909.jpg

THE POSITIVITY IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE! I CA-

tehponycorn.exe has stopped functioning.
Reboot?
[YES] [NO]

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Side note:

Dammit Sakurai I'm tired of this Monado Buffing. When are you going to give me **** like purge and buster and cyclone and eater and hell, throw a bit of Malos in there and get Monado Jail in too.

Stop trying to push Monado JUMP

The mystical godlike power of the Monado should not be used so Shulk can compete with Lebron James. ****.
Days since Idon hasn't complained about Shulk: in Smash: 1,672

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Robin Hood searches for a water source.

Edea Lee receives medical supplies from an unknown sponsor.

Nicktendo stabs Negan while his back is turned.

K. Rool, Farmer with a shotgun, Barte, and Lobo the Duck raid Thanos Police Officers's camp while he is hunting.

Dorothy Gale makes a wooden spear.
11.jpeg
**** Negan. **** his hair, weird beard, and jawline. Took me forever to figure out how to draw him. Anyway, sorry this didn't come out sooner. Tuesday was all taken up and I needed time to myself for studying. I almost didn't finish this today too, but I'm lucky to have an audience as patient as you guys, and I'm not going to abuse that.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I found FFXV to be great, I could look over most of it's misgivings as being the fault of Nomura's ****ing around with Dev changing hands and Square forcing it out earlier because, enough is enough, you gotta release it before it becomes unprofitable.

Maybe it's because I came at it from that scope but I genuinely loved it. The music is great, combat is fun, the world is beautiful albeit a touch restrictive, the characters are all ones I want to be around and Ardyn is genuinely one of my favourite villains ever.

The story was a decent attempt but having to cut stuff made things difficult, Luna should have had a far greater presence so I actually care about her beyond being told she's getting married to Noctis.

Game Development ****ing sucks
I feel like Nomura himself is very overrated. You can have a few good games but when it boils down to you putting literally everyone around you from the fans, to Square, to your coworkers, through hell and the game still turns out just ok because of your choices there's a big problem. Nomura could be a good developer and make amazing games, he could, but he flips and flops directions so often that the game ALWAYS ends up feeling like a total mess. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are GREAT examples. They're just ok.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone see how Tien's level 1 has him summon clones to do the Kikoho now? Pretty cool.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Me, never getting mentioned by anyone:

It's 'cause I don't like anime, isn't it
Diem you should know that I appreciate you because you and I are like the only two guys here who post long, well thought out posts (alongside Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones but he doesn't come here that much anymore and I kinda miss him).

Also you're from Arizona too so you understand what it's like to literally live in Hell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure he was pretty much lying in bed being sick back then

Not to be rude but the impact is kind of lost when you say "I played 2 of the most divisive games in the franchise and they made me quit until I played the games people actuallygenerally like". It's like saying "Playing Sonic Forces and Rise of Lyric made me quit Sonic games!" only to then play the games people actually like. Especially as they were on systems other than the Switch meaning theoretically you could have played them earlier
Oh no, I get where you're coming from, though again I've been playing these games people really like blind and just so happen to like them as well. Probably could've worded differently, but at the very least, it's how I kinda felt after going from XV to then IX.

It's kinda like how I viewed Xenoblade 2 before it came out, for better words -- pretty hesitant, then I came around to loving it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
BotW 2 could just be the first game but with a hell of a lot more mobility upgrades and no rain and it'd be GOTY TBH
What BOTW needed was a way to circumvent rain making you slip while climbing.

Like a climbing hook or something.

Maybe stuff like that could be the Dungeon items of the game, rather than essential equipment.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Was one announced?

I enjoyed Breath of the Wild a lot. On my first run, I got all the shrines and about half the Korok seeds. On my second, I made it a 100% completionist run where I explored every location, did every shrine, did every sidequest, and found all 900 Korok seeds.

But the game's sidequests mostly suck (get X amount of item, bring to person, get Rupees), the Divine Beasts are too short and too similar for how significant and built-up they are, and the story is anemic.

What the game does get right is its world and exploration. Given that you enjoyed the Divine Beasts most, I'm guessing you're pining for the more traditional 3D Zelda format with less exploration and more dungeons.

Which is what I prefer, too. Open-world sandbox games are a dime a dozen nowadays and it just comes off as token, like crafting systems and RNG cosmetics. The older Zelda games are much more linear, but I don't mind linear games any more than open-world ones and replay them just the same. I've probably beaten Twilight Princess about 10 times, and Wind Waker, OoT, and Majora's Mask all twice as well, with most of those being 100% runs.

How many of the old 3D Zeldas have you played?
Monolith is hiring people for a Zelda game.

Also I know I just said this but I cannot stress enough how more enjoyable BotW would be with mobility upgrades. Bring back the Spinner from TP to go down hills super fast or something, a Pegasus Boots upgrade that makes Link faster, an eel outfit or something that makes climbing slippery surfaces easier than regular cliffs and a goddamn hookshot that can make you just avoid half of the climbwork

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Make that -1 because I plan on continuing this rant tomorrow.

AND ANOTHER THING, CAN WE TALK ABOUT HIS FACE?
LOOK AT THIS FACE.
WHAT IS THIS?

View attachment 201927
His face actually looks fine in his trailer.

It's in Ultimate's victory screens where it looks awful.

Also, I wonder if you actually noticed the number of days I put down.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Diem you should know that I appreciate you because you and I are like the only two guys here who post long, well thought out posts (alongside Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones but he doesn't come here that much anymore and I kinda miss him).

Also you're from Arizona too so you understand what it's like to live in Hell.
I post short, but no less thought out, posts.

Word quantity is less important than word quality.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really wanna see the original concept for Zelda come to fruition with the whole traveling between the past and the future and the Triforce being mircochips.
Make that -1 because I plan on continuing this rant tomorrow.

AND ANOTHER THING, CAN WE TALK ABOUT HIS FACE?
LOOK AT THIS FACE.
WHAT IS THIS?

View attachment 201927
He’s really feeling it, don’t judge him!

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I agree, but Diem's posts are a happy mix of quality and quantity and I really appreciate that about him.
So I'm feeling pretty depressed tonight, in a lot of pain too so that isn't helping much. :drshrug:
I'm sorry to hear about that. Anything we can do to help?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also, I wonder if you actually noticed the number of days I put down.
I did, but I have absolutely zero clue what they could mean.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of the reference or joke, but I'm drawing a blank.

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people tend to just let their minds wander upon a longform post and spill out random thoughts upon a page, which isn't great for conversation and letting people address points. In fact, I see a lot of filibuster, which kinda degrades the point.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What is/are your biggest gaming faux pas(es?)?

One of mine.......I've never played Majora's Mask, yet I claim to be a huge Zelda fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom