• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The first Xenoblade is really a special game. It tells a convincing story with great characters and good twists, has a stellar soundtrack, a surprisingly good cast of voice actors, an easy to pick up but difficult to master combat system, a large world full of different environments to explore, and I could go on.

The best part? Nintendo didn't even think it'd be worth it to bring it to America. Xenoblade Chronicles was brought to America (alongside The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) due to the coordinated efforts of dedicated fans in Operation Rainfall, and has since become one of Nintendo's flagship franchises, on par with secondary Nintendo series. And Xenoblade Chronicles was what started that. If that alone doesn't make it special, I don't know what will.
oh yeah

last story and pandoras tower exists

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is the one game that convinced me that JRPG's could still be good. Then Final Fantasy XV reminded me how mediocre they could be. The first game is a masterpiece and the other two are dependent on your tastes. I know that for X and I can see that from 2 from other people.

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is the one game that convinced me that JRPG's could still be good. Then Final Fantasy XV reminded me how mediocre they could be.
I bought a PS4 for that game.
I waited 10 years for that game.
Probably over three hundred dollars when I got a bundle for it for Christmas.

No joke, that game made me quit Final Fantasy as a whole. Only recently thanks to Nintendo and that sweet sweet Switch money was all the good Final Fantasy games coming over, and Final Fantasy IX made me a fan again.

I really cannot recommend you guys enough Final Fantasy IX. It really is the best Final Fantasy.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
oh yeah

last story and pandoras tower exists
The Last Story was a surprisingly good game. I never finished it, but I quite enjoyed it while I played it. I can't speak for Pandora's Tower other than it's ****ed up story.

Either way, those two games were always secondary to Xenoblade Chronicles, as evidenced by the fact that Nintendo only published Xenoblade Chronicles in America, leaving Pandora's Tower and The Last Story to XSEED despite owning all three IPs.

It's kind of a shame, since both Aeron and Zael could've been really cool to see in Smash Bros. I'm definitely glad we got Shulk over them though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

> be me
> get out of Midgar
> wanted to adventure around before going to Kalm
> gets trapped endlessly by huge snake
> snake follows you, can't get out
> been me the past 15 minutes

wow this really is the best RPG ever guys

View attachment 201919
Midgar Zolom? I remember that dialogs with some npc or story mention that it is a fearsome monster and you're supposed to evade, recommend going to Kalm as it unlocks a few things for exploring.

KMDP

Smash Legend
> be me
> get out of Midgar
> wanted to adventure around before going to Kalm
> gets trapped endlessly by huge snake
> snake follows you, can't get out
> been me the past 15 minutes

wow this really is the best RPG ever guys

View attachment 201919
You aren't meant to go into the swamp where the Midgar Zolom resides until you've gone to all the non-Midgar towns in the area.

It's way out of your pay-grade to fight, but you get a way to get around it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As much as I hate how they changed Shulk's art style...

He does look better in that game animation and effects wise than he ever has before or since.
Even compared to Smash, he's got Monado Purge, Monado Cyclone, Monado Buster (the real one), and his swanky new Monado Unbound which are all... pretty ****ing awesome looking.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I bought a PS4 for that game.
I waited 10 years for that game.
Probably over three hundred dollars when I got a bundle for it for Christmas.

No joke, that game made me quit Final Fantasy as a whole. Only recently thanks to Nintendo and that sweet sweet Switch money was all the good Final Fantasy games coming over, and Final Fantasy IX made me a fan again.

I really cannot recommend you guys enough Final Fantasy IX. It really is the best Final Fantasy.
Wait so the new disappointing game made you quit but you got back into it with the rereleases of older, significantly less divisive games?

D

Deleted member

Midgar Zolom? I remember that dialogs with some npc or story mention that it is a fearsome monster and you're supposed to evade, recommend going to Kalm as it unlocks a few things for exploring.
You aren't meant to go into the swamp where the Midgar Zolom resides until you've gone to all the non-Midgar towns in the area.

It's way out of your pay-grade to fight, but you get a way to get around it.
The problem I have, though, is that I LOVE to adventure around the World Maps, I want to get a feel of the game's ethos before I move over to the next story-based area. During my whole entire time trying to beat the damn thing, only to restart where that cave entrance was pretty annoying.

Not to mention, no matter what that thing will get you regardless, lmao. I had to load up an old save, but thankfully it was when I got out of Midgar.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I redownloaded Dragalia Lost today since they're adding Fire Emblem characters (it's also the 6 Month anniversary so they're handing out freebies like it's nothing) and it reminded me how I unironically want Euden in the game.

He'd be pretty cool, and I think Nintendo Mobile should be repped at some point given how large of a push Nintendo has made into the mobile market.

But he's also a sword user who uses fire and can turn into a dragon. He'd pretty much just be taking from Roy, Corrin, and Charizard.

Maybe in Smash 6 :(

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The problem I have, though, is that I LOVE to adventure around the World Maps, I want to get a feel of the game's ethos before I move over to the next story-based area. During my whole entire time trying to beat the damn thing, only to restart where that cave entrance was pretty annoying.

Not to mention, no matter what that thing will get you regardless, lmao. I had to load up an old save, but thankfully it was when I got out of Midgar.
Despite leaving Midgar, you aren't actually out of the prologue yet, and the Midgar Zolom is there to keep you there until you finish it.

Go to Kalm, trust me and @ryumo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 201921

Don't speak unless your first Xeno game was Xenogears released for the Playstation on February 11, 1998 in Japan and October 20, 1998 in America.
Alien saga? Make sense.
Alien blade? Yeah, that kinda makes sense.

Alien gears? What, is this a game about repairing a spaceship or something, come on.

D

Deleted member

Wait so the new disappointing game made you quit but you got back into it with the rereleases of older, significantly less divisive games?
Well before the Switch got all the known-good ones, my previous experience with Final Fantasy was, admittedly only Final Fantasy XIII. I didn't like the writing at all, BUT, I did love most of the characters and the music was great, too. Not to mention, so many locales that are genuinely beautiful. It was a game that had so much potential squandered, how I see it.

Then I went onto play Final Fantasy XV, felt the same way about XIII, but then as I took another playthrough at it, it genuinely made me not want to play anymore FF. I've always heard games like VII and IX where good, so when that September Direct happened last year, my interest in FF piqued again. Gave it one more shot with IX since I needed something to play and was actually interested as time went by, first time ever played it, and now I say it's one of the greatest RPGs of all time. That's the short version of how I quit and got back into FF.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Amazing Tier: Zack E, Ovaltine, Noipoi, PsySmasher, KMDP, Staindgrey, TehPonyCorn, Cutie Gwen, Gentlepanda, Faygoshill and Zinith.

Great Tier: NateVO, Smashing Ramen, Wademan94, ShinyLegendary, Arigarmy, KarneraMythos, Thesaurus 30, EarlTamm, Teeb, Mythra, Hinata, Idon, SneakyLink and Ryumo.

Awesome Tier: Letter O, Praline, Papagenos and MissingGlitch.

Pretty Good Tier: Brelooming.

Garbage Tier: Me.

Only reason I put Brelooming in "Pretty Good" is cause I know the least about them, They're still totally cool and I like them. I like everyone here so it was hard to decide on who to put where, we can agree that Steve is the best User here anyways.
Uh Please don't kill me this is mostly a joke don't take it seriously everyone here is amazing and I would've put everyone in Amazing tier but that would be a Cop Out
Me when I see this:
a55.jpeg

So I redownloaded Dragalia Lost today since they're adding Fire Emblem characters and it reminded me how I kind of unironically want Euden in the game.

He'd be pretty cool, and I think Nintendo Mobile should be repped at some point given how large of a push Nintendo has made into the mobile market.

But he's also a sword user who uses fire and can turn into a dragon. He'd pretty much just be taking from Roy, Corrin, and Charizard.

Maybe in Smash 6 :(
I'd download the game myself, but my phone's old and almost out of storage, so that ain't happening.

I agree that Nintendo Mobile definitely has gained enough traction to warrant a spot. I'm totally down for a Dragalia Lost rep.

I also see a possibility where they add someone from Fire Emblem Heroes instead of Three Houses or even Dragalia Lost to promote FE and mobile at the same time.

But then again, it's Fire Emblem. It's gonna be a controversial DLC pick regardless.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Side note:

Dammit Sakurai I'm tired of this Monado Buffing. When are you going to give me **** like purge and buster and cyclone and eater and hell, throw a bit of Malos in there and get Monado Jail in too.

Stop trying to push Monado JUMP

The mystical godlike power of the Monado should not be used so Shulk can compete with Lebron James. ****.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I supported the **** outta Shulk during Smash For. Honestly, he was my one win in that whole speculation scene. Everything else was a BIG loss. Takamaru, Saki, Isaac, Snake, Wolf, damn Smash For broke my spirit.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
View attachment 201921

Don't speak unless your first Xeno game was Xenogears, developed by Squaresoft and released for the Playstation on February 11, 1998 in Japan and October 20, 1998 in America.
I can't stop praising the story enough for this game. The first time I played it, I was completely mind blown by everything that happened.

I could go on and on about how groundbreaking the story was in Gears.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Meanwhile...

Chuggaaconroy: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm pretty sure he was pretty much lying in bed being sick back then
Well before the Switch got all the known-good ones, my previous experience with Final Fantasy was, admittedly only Final Fantasy XIII. I didn't like the writing at all, BUT, I did love most of the characters and the music was great, too. Not to mention, so many locales that are genuinely beautiful. It was a game that had so much potential squandered, how I see it.

Then I went onto play Final Fantasy XV, felt the same way about XIII, but then as I took another playthrough at it, it genuinely made me not want to play anymore FF. I've always heard games like VII and IX where good, so when that September Direct happened last year, my interest in FF piqued again. Gave it one more shot with IX since I needed something to play and was actually interested as time went by, first time ever played it, and now I say it's one of the greatest RPGs of all time. That's the short version of how I quit and got back into FF.
Not to be rude but the impact is kind of lost when you say "I played 2 of the most divisive games in the franchise and they made me quit until I played the games people actuallygenerally like". It's like saying "Playing Sonic Forces and Rise of Lyric made me quit Sonic games!" only to then play the games people actually like. Especially as they were on systems other than the Switch meaning theoretically you could have played them earlier

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Amazing Tier: Zack E, Ovaltine, Noipoi, PsySmasher, KMDP, Staindgrey, TehPonyCorn, Cutie Gwen, Gentlepanda, Faygoshill and Zinith.

Great Tier: NateVO, Smashing Ramen, Wademan94, ShinyLegendary, Arigarmy, KarneraMythos, Thesaurus 30, EarlTamm, Teeb, Mythra, Hinata, Idon, SneakyLink and Ryumo.

Awesome Tier: Letter O, Praline, Papagenos and MissingGlitch.

Pretty Good Tier: Brelooming.

Garbage Tier: Me.

Only reason I put Brelooming in "Pretty Good" is cause I know the least about them, They're still totally cool and I like them. I like everyone here so it was hard to decide on who to put where, we can agree that Steve is the best User here anyways.
Uh Please don't kill me this is mostly a joke don't take it seriously everyone here is amazing and I would've put everyone in Amazing tier but that would be a Cop Out
>Someone finally recognizing me as a top tier poster

I-I'm not crying! You're crying!
:cry:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ugh, I'm really not excited for ANOTHER open world Zelda game. -_-.

I'm sorry but BoTW is overrated. It's good but It's just TOO big. I just wanted the game end already by the time I got the 3rd Divine Beast. The Divine Beasts were actually my favorite part of the game but they're TOO short. And seriously, enough with the open world fad, it's tiresome.

D

Deleted member

Overall with how I'm feeling about Final Fantasy VII is that I'm still down to play, the story after arriving at Aerith's house after she got abducted definitely ramped up, for sure. I think the problem is that I played Final Fantasy IX first, and if you ask me, I think the writing, characterization and execution was done better during my time in Alexandria over Midgar. That is to say that VII's writing isn't good. Well... There ARE a few parts where I went "???" but aside from that, VII ain't nothing to scoff at, either.

One definite problem I have with FFVII, though, is that during my time at Midgar, I didn't get to go to the Honey Bee Inn. I don't remember if there was supposed to be any cues and thought it was a part of the main story. Didn't look at any walkthroughs and realized after the motorcycle chase, "wait, what about that Inn?" Really disappointed about that.

Other than that, the music is still pretty good, the polygons now become a charm for me, and overall I've still been having a good time, nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Side note:

Dammit Sakurai I'm tired of this Monado Buffing. When are you going to give me **** like purge and buster and cyclone and eater and hell, throw a bit of Malos in there and get Monado Jail in too.

Stop trying to push Monado JUMP

The mystical godlike power of the Monado should not be used so Shulk can compete with Lebron James. ****.
>Implying that Shulk can't dunk on LeBum with Menudo Arts

*Lakers out of the Playoffs*
*Default Dances*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom