• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ranking them is tough, but here's a knee jerk list:
  1. tehponycorn & Joker (if only for the Steve Master Race bit) = Zinith Food Murder Spree
  2. Number 1 (Penguin) and Number 2 (osby)
  3. Be a man, brother Noipoi
  4. Cyndane's totally not evil song
All of them are A+ tier though. I had a tough time putting Cyndane's song to music in my head. Number 1 and Number 2 was similarly tough, but I got a classical show tune feel out of it around half way through and it worked.

Forget Smashboards the Anime, I want Smashboards the Musical!
I'm really glad you liked it!

Quick thing though, i did provide links to the songs they're based on. So if you wanna hear where I got the ideas, it's available.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know of any games where the main quest isn't overly emphasized/doesn't end or impact the game significantly? I'm talking like Elder Scrolls, where the main quest can be totally ignored and there's still plenty of game to be played.
Probably any sandbox RPG like the Fallout games. BOTW counts somewhat as well.
If KI gets on Game Pass, would that also make it available on Switch?

Lol, but you didn't know the difference piqued and peaked. Can't be that great. "Mr. Intellectual."

View attachment 201908
While I would think that we should see how xCloud would be implemented on other systems first, as there could be a chance that some games may not be added in an hypoyhetical gamepass for Nintendo, I feel that for MS published games there should be little to no issue.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Probably any sandbox RPG like the Fallout games. BOTW counts somewhat as well.

While I would think that we should see how xCloud would be implemented on other systems first, as there could be a chance that some games may not be added in an hypoyhetical gamepass for Nintendo, I feel that for MS published games there should be little to no issue.
Yeah, I'm hoping so. I honestly only want KI3 now that Cuphead is for sure coming to the system.

Though I guess if older Rare owned titles popped up, I would be fine with that too. Even the first 2 KI games, as jank as they were. (I played some of KI1 on SNES a while back, fun but weird.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We doing tier lists again?

Let's do a tier list tier list

SS: No tier list
S:
A:
B:
C:
D:
E:
F: User Ranking Tier Lists
G: Just toasterbrains
H: People who list themselves last on a tier list
I: People who list themselves last on a tier list that wasn't even about people

D

Deleted member

We doing tier lists again?

Let's do a tier list tier list

SS: No tier list
S:
A:
B:
C:
D:
E:
F: User Ranking Tier Lists
G: Just toasterbrains
H: People who list themselves last on a tier list
I: People who list themselves last on a tier list that wasn't even about people
J: ShinyLegendary's Annoying Ego

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not that it affects you’re entire arguement, but...

I’ll always, always, always say this when this is used as “supporting evidence”. He did NOT work on Smash Ultimate, nor is he working on it. He only worked on Smash 64 which is what he is credited for.
Whoops, that's my bad then.

D

Deleted member

Not that it affects you’re entire arguement, but...

I’ll always, always, always say this when this is used as “supporting evidence”. He did NOT work on Smash Ultimate, nor is he working on it. He only worked on Smash 64 which is what he is credited for.
Heyyy, I knew that was false!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We have David Bowie. The way of Bowie is the way of fabulousness, and the way of fabulousness is paved with rainbows, which only manifest in the light. With Bowie on my side, you've already lost. But fear me, love me, do as I say, and I may yet forgive you.
Oh, ****. ****, you got me there. I love me some Bowie. Rest in Peace you beautiful prince...

Aw, man... Prince is dead too...

Funny how you should think Bowie, the villainous Goblin King, is yours. He was on our side ALL ALONG. We have many agents doing our bidding. Sorry, Bowie is ours.
hahahahahahah WE WIN AGAIN!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How do you all feel about XC2?
A huge mixed bag.

On one hand some designs line Morag, Nia and Wulfric are amazing, the music is fantastic, environments are great as usual and the later story beats are great.

One the other hand there's loads of garbage designs like Pyra, Brokeback Rabbit and Rex, combat is dreadful, it's possible for the RNG to roadblock progress and the story doesn't do much until much later in the game.

The Torna expansion was great however. Being more condensed, no RNG bull**** locking you out of story progress and having an infinitely better battle system helps it a lot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A huge mixed bag.

On one hand some designs line Morag, Nia and Wulfric are amazing, the music is fantastic, environments are great as usual and the later story beats are great.

One the other hand there's loads of garbage designs like Pyra, Brokeback Rabbit and Rex, combat is dreadful, it's possible for the RNG to roadblock progress and the story doesn't do much until much later in the game.

The Torna expansion was great however. Being more condensed, no RNG bull**** locking you out of story progress and having an infinitely better battle system helps it a lot.
is there even a XC3 at this point though that could continue the main story

inb4 meyneth split herself too and now there's a third universe

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't help but like it.
Mind, I just finished chapter two so I'm not a lot of the way in-

Because of the odd voice direction, it's just absurd enough for my brain to look past a lot of the downfalls of it.
For instance, Rex and Pyra's designs are... terrible. At the very least, their outfits are.
Rex is your run of the mill "MY FRIEND. ME PROTECT. ME YOUNG NOT DUMB" character (so far...)
Pyra is notable in my mind because, juxtaposed to a lot of the rest of the cast, I actually look forward to hearing her talk. Haha.
Despite her awful outfit, I enjoy the character.

Disclaimer: me enjoying a character does not equate to me thinking they're written well (this goes for everything, ever).

I just... it's charmed me.
It's one of those games where I totally get where people are coming from when they say they don't like it... but I just... I really like it so far.

Not to mention flying number RPGs are satisfying to me, and there's that whole character gatcha thing they have going on which I also am weak for...

D

Deleted member

Amazing Tier: Zack E, Ovaltine, Noipoi, PsySmasher, KMDP, Staindgrey, TehPonyCorn, Cutie Gwen, Gentlepanda, Faygoshill and Zinith.

Great Tier: NateVO, Smashing Ramen, Wademan94, ShinyLegendary, Arigarmy, KarneraMythos, Thesaurus 30, EarlTamm, Teeb, Mythra, Hinata, Idon, SneakyLink and Ryumo.

Awesome Tier: Letter O, Praline, Papagenos and MissingGlitch.

Pretty Good Tier: Brelooming.

Garbage Tier: Me.

Only reason I put Brelooming in "Pretty Good" is cause I know the least about them, They're still totally cool and I like them. I like everyone here so it was hard to decide on who to put where, we can agree that Steve is the best User here anyways.
Uh Please don't kill me this is mostly a joke don't take it seriously everyone here is amazing and I would've put everyone in Amazing tier but that would be a Cop Out

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
XC2 Update:

holy **** i love this game
I skimmed through the first few posts you've made and I was expecting you to have regretted purchasing the game based on how some of your commentary was phrased.

I'm still holding onto this opinion until you're done with it, lol

I love it obviously, but I'm super reserved about discussions unless they're brought up (like now). I can't really explain why I love it, but I can tell you that I'm very mellow about most of its "lows". Liking the game at all is basically a contrarian opinion by default if you look everywhere, sort of how most of the internet has beef with Pokemon Gen 5, and yet /v/ adores the hell out of Unova. I always ignore comments that badmouth XB2. It comes with the territory.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Amazing Tier: Zack E, Ovaltine, Noipoi, PsySmasher, KMDP, Staindgrey, TehPonyCorn, Cutie Gwen, Gentlepanda, Faygoshill and Zinith.

Great Tier: NateVO, Smashing Ramen, Wademan94, ShinyLegendary, Arigarmy, KarneraMythos, Thesaurus 30, EarlTamm, Teeb, Mythra, Hinata, Idon, SneakyLink and Ryumo.

Awesome Tier: Letter O, Praline, Papagenos and MissingGlitch.

Pretty Good Tier: Brelooming.

Garbage Tier: Me.

Only reason I put Brelooming in "Pretty Good" is cause I know the least about them, They're still totally cool and I like them. I like everyone here so it was hard to decide on who to put where, we can agree that Steve is the best User here anyways.
Uh Please don't kill me this is mostly a joke don't take it seriously everyone here is amazing and I would've put everyone in Amazing tier but that would be a Cop Out
You put yourself in the Amazing tier right now young man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom