• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True. Persona 3's story is way more symbolic.

This moves onto gameplay:
-In Persona 4, you can control your party members so they don't mess up your precise plans during boss fights. (You can switch them to automatic though.)
-You're not relegated to one dungeon throughout the whole game, but multiple diverse areas.
-The Reaper is gone.
-Most of your party serve a utility instead of Persona 3 where they give you too many party members worth.
-Other minor conveniences go here.
I feel like these are just gameplay improvements once ATLUS get used to their new style. Also, Reaper is still there, you just encounter with it differently.

D

Deleted member

By the way, speaking of Axiom Verge, I highly recommend y'all go buy it on the Switch eShop. It honestly feels like a much better Super Metroid.

And while also because I love it, do it since they've been going through a 7+ year long legal battle with really ****ty publishers that stopped them from releasing physical copies of the Wii U port up until now. Knowing how the Wii U is, they're not even gonna come anywhere close to breaking even.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/axiom-verge-switch

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm getting a premonition. We will receive a new direct in the next couple weeks. I won't tell you what's in it though. Just know that you will be delighted.
everything will be revealed,
don't worry
even the stuff you don't expect, for as they say,
anything is possible in the world of sakurai

i'm hopeful for something that isn't erdrick
so i can feel alive again

i spent too long doing this strange poetry ****
now read the first letter of each sentence

osby

Smash Obsessed
So. I have a confession to make.

I was going to make a joke about new Persona girl lookling like a typical anime girl by saying, "Why do you keep using that picture of _____?" But I couldn't think of a generic redhead anime character off the top of my head. So I instead googled "anime redheads" and found this list of the top 15 anime redheads to grab an idea from.

I do not know who any of these characters are and they all also look the same to me so now the joke is ruined.
*Kushina, Ranma and Yoko look same*

What do you call this? Anime blindness?

D

Deleted member

Wait, why would you ever get the bad ending of P4? Unless you were personally went out of your way to get depressing endings, P4 seems generally happier.
(Well, at least until Golden where if you don't do the post-game stuff one characters gets the bum end of the deal.)
True. You honestly forget how serious the situation is sometimes. Though, I imagine it's easy to get the bad ending if you don't know about it and answer one question wrong. It's not like Persona 5 where you basically just go, "**** you, Sae" and then "**** you, God."

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

everything will be revealed,
don't worry
even the stuff you don't expect, for as they say,
anything is possible in the world of sakurai

i'm hopeful for something that isn't erdrick
so i can feel alive again

i spent too long doing this strange poetry ****
now read the first letter of each sentence
eh i dont really know about her
like edea? really? shes kinda obscure
my character would be better
a

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Steven Universe and TLOZ crossover happens
>The Goron race immediately goes extinct thanks to Greg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

Allright @Brelooming Disaster , I did it!
Neutral Air: Stun Spore.
Forward Air: Whacks its head at you, the same way that Mewtwo whacks its hand at you.
Back Air: Whacks you with its tail, same way as Mewtwo does it.
Forward Tilt: Whacks its tail forward at you when you go forward, vice versa.
Up Tilt: Sky Uppercut. It extends its fist to make it go like Mewtwo's, but it has slightly more knockback. It also can kill earlier.
Down Tilt: Whacks its tail at you really fast.
Dash Attack: Headbutt. Sends you pretty far.
Forward Smash Attack: Dynamic Punch. A lot like Ganon's Forward Smash.
Upward Smash Attack: It spits spores in the air.
Downward Smash Attack: Low Sweep.
Grab: It grabs you with it's arms and whacks you with its tail.
Pummel: It throws you down.
Forward Throw: Seed Bomb. It spits seeds at you.
Back Throw: It whacks you back with it's head.
Up Throw: Grass Knot. The Grass Knot carries you up.
Forward Floor Attack: Spins its tail.
Backward Floor Attack: Spins its tail.
Tripping Forward Attack: Makes its tail go around a circle.
Edge Attack: Swings its tail in front of itself while getting up.
Neutral Special: Energy Ball. Shoots a green energy ball at your face.
Down Special: Spore. It makes you fall asleep, rather than getting confused.
Up Special: Feint: It goes so fast that you can not see it move, thus making it look like it teleports. It has slightly shorter range than Mewtwo, but you can get hit by it.
Jab: Mach Punch, but it is like Mewtwo's. Comes out at Frame 1.
Taunt 1: Spores spew out of its head while it makes a happy face.
Taunt 2: Makes its signature cry while making an intimidating pose.
Taunt 3: Kind of like Little Mac's, but it makes fast punches.
Final Smash: Solar Beam, a lot like Mewtwo's Final Smash.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
D

Deleted member

>gets out of Union Cave
>Chikorita is dead because he sucks
>Geodude is the only one left
>gets into a fight with a trainer
>lvl 6 Geodude against lvl 18 Geodude
>lol ez
>one shots him
>sends out lvl 10 Machop
>lol still easy
>outspeeds me and one shots me with a critical hit Low Kick

D

Deleted member

Those are INCREDIBLY bold words. Real talk what do people like about it? I didn't quite get it by seeing gameplay, it's Metroid 1 with a map, 'glitches' and lotsa weapons
For starters, it has a REALLY good take on the "Bethesda Weapon Wheel" which can allow you to switch out between any weapon you have collected in an instant, IIRC it slows down time too, just like in games with said wheel.

When you get stuff like the Lab Coat and Red Coat, movement becomes SO much more fun and smooth to go about. When you get the Red Coat, you can dash, damage enemies and go through walls and have double the dash speed as the regular Coat.

It also implements a lot of stuff Mega Man has with trying to find the right weapon to defeat an enemy or boss, though once you get the Flamethrower, you're pretty much set, lmao.

The atmosphere too is definitely more appealing and the pixel art design and music are absolutely top notch. Even if it's a short OST with only just a handful of songs, they really encapsulate the story and feel of the game. The story is also pretty good, too, with a whole lot of mind****s at the end with who Trace really is.

D

Deleted member

Allright @Brelooming Disaster , I did it!
Neutral Air: Stun Spore.
Forward Air: Whacks its head at you, the same way that Mewtwo whacks its hand at you.
Back Air: Whacks you with its tail, same way as Mewtwo does it.
Forward Tilt: Whacks its tail forward at you when you go forward, vice versa.
Up Tilt: Sky Uppercut. It extends its fist to make it go like Mewtwo's, but it has slightly more knockback. It also can kill earlier.
Down Tilt: Whacks its tail at you really fast.
Dash Attack: Headbutt. Sends you pretty far.
Forward Smash Attack: Dynamic Punch. A lot like Ganon's Forward Smash.
Upward Smash Attack: It spits spores in the air.
Downward Smash Attack: Low Sweep.
Grab: It grabs you with it's arms and whacks you with its tail.
Pummel: It throws you down.
Forward Throw: Seed Bomb. It spits seeds at you.
Back Throw: It whacks you back with it's head.
Up Throw: Grass Knot. The Grass Knot carries you up.
Forward Floor Attack: Spins its tail.
Backward Floor Attack: Spins its tail.
Tripping Forward Attack: Makes its tail go around a circle.
Edge Attack: Swings its tail in front of itself while getting up.
Neutral Special: Energy Ball. Shoots a green energy ball at your face.
Down Special: Spore. It makes you fall asleep, rather than getting confused.
Up Special: Feint: It goes so fast that you can not see it move, thus making it look like it teleports. It has slightly shorter range than Mewtwo, but you can get hit by it.
Jab: Mach Punch, but it is like Mewtwo's. Comes out at Frame 1.
Taunt 1: Spores spew out of its head while it makes a happy face.
Taunt 2: Makes its signature cry while making an intimidating pose.
Taunt 3: Kind of like Little Mac's, but it makes fast punches.
Final Smash: Solar Beam, a lot like Mewtwo's Final Smash.
I love this! Thank you so much!

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
So, we all know Joker's Final Smash is going to be an All-Out Attack, but how many of his Party Members do you think will appear in it? Like, Shulk doesn't have all of his Party Members in his, so which ones will show up in Jokers?

Also,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Those are INCREDIBLY bold words. Real talk what do people like about it? I didn't quite get it by seeing gameplay, it's Metroid 1 with a map, 'glitches' and lotsa weapons
Axiom Verge is really fun because of how much it subverts expectations for Metroid fans. You see small holes and you think Morph Balls but the game then goes and gives you a complete different power up for that same purpose but that's also useful for other things and much more fun. Movement is also a lot of fun because you get a lot of different powers that make it really wacky and fun.
The different weapons also make gameplay pretty varied and all can be used for different situations or as you prefer them. Most aren't even mandatory and I didn't even get all of them by the end of the game.

Gltiches are a fun gimmick and you can glitch enemies too which can lead to some interesting stuff. Most of the times it'll weaken an enemy but sometimes it'll also buff them in another way(such as removing armor from a slow enemy to make the ****** jump all over the place and it's terrifying).

Plot is really convoluted and it doesn't pay off imo but the overall experience is worth it.

Also, bosses are ****ing horrifying in a good way, the retro aethetic really helps the hplorror direction it goes for at times.

Tl;dr it's a very different kind of Metroid with a lot of things that make it distinct but still having the same feeling that a Metroid fan will easily enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom