• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Okay, like, I adore Lucina and the scene between her and Robin is probably very sad but I mean.

That's just wrong. She's a baby in his timeline. He met her before she was born.
Sicko Robin flat out went too many steps ahead.
yQHcnJ2_d.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, like, I adore Lucina and the scene between her and Robin is probably very sad but I mean.

That's just wrong. She's a baby in his timeline. He met her before she was born.
Morality has never stopped me in my pursuit for MORE. POWER.

D

Deleted member

That new Yatch Club Games title looks pretty fantastic.

I will probably pick it some time after it releases.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This is what it feels like every time everyone but me changes their avatar

0D58B97D-991F-4884-A4F6-1F51F28C52EB.jpeg

Not pictured: me with the same avatar.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No, but you see that's the entire point.

Everyone else has some cool anime trait that makes them different, except for the protagonist, making them more of a middle-ground between the whacky weirdos and making them more of a template for easier self-insertion.

Atlus knows what they're doing, man.

And Atlus knows that there's already some guy out there frothing at the mouth for a figure of her to add to his collection.

EVERYTHING'S BEEN PLANNED FROM THE START, GREY. IT'S ALL CALCULATED.
I know. I mean, I'm a cog in the system.

20190201_211821.jpg

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Morning yall
For a minor course I'm supposed to make a game (analog or digital) in the upcomming 48 hours.
Quick, give me inspiration!
Ultimately we got the theme: "Make the player feel a complex emotion"
So now we've settled on a boardgame where you travel around the world getting points for murdering endangered animals and when you kill one, you get An "emotion-card" which forces you to act out a certain emotion untill you draw a new emotion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, Breloom could be a great echo fighter for Mewtwo! I can't see a single move that can't be replicated by him, now that I think about it!
Ok so I tried to think but how the **** would Breloom teleport or reflect ****?
That new Yatch Club Games title looks pretty fantastic.

I will probably pick it some time after it releases.
Wait we know what it is? Link plz

D

Deleted member

Well, literally yes, they do use rainbows a lot in P4.

Also there's a whole murder-mystery thing with some supernatural baddie at the end, but compared to like, the downer endings of games before, it is generally a bit on the brighter side.
Humanity probably wont end if you get the bad ending of Persona 4, but you'll feel like it does. Persona 4's stakes are more personal than grand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Ultimately we got the theme: "Make the player feel a complex emotion"
So now we've settled on a boardgame where you travel around the world getting points for murdering endangered animals and when you kill one, you get An "emotion-card" which forces you to act out a certain emotion untill you draw a new emotion.
Emperor Penguin status: Near Threatened.

Not endangered. Just thought you'd like to know that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Humanity probably wont end if you get the bad ending of Persona 4, but you'll feel like it does. Persona 4's stakes are more personal than grand. Plus rainbows are cool don't @ me.
This. Persona 3 was better at telling a thematic story, and Persona 4 was better at character stories. It's a matter of preference which affects you more strongly.

Also yeah, rainbows are super cool.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Morality has never stopped me in my pursuit for MORE. POWER.
Of course my ten thousandth post was about banging time-traveling babies from the future for so that my future progeny with perfect eugenics could then travel from the even further future to join my army.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Katana ZERO and whatever Yacht Club has going on looks nice and all.

But we need to ask the real questions.

WHEN IS AXIOM VERGE 2?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How dare you imply Cynthia doesn't carry the blood of heroes in her veins.
And how dare you imply that I implied that!

I've got nothing. Here's a funny comic.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Humanity probably wont end if you get the bad ending of Persona 4, but you'll feel like it does. Persona 4's stakes are more personal than grand.
Wait, why would you ever get the bad ending of P4? Unless you were personally went out of your way to get depressing endings, P4 seems generally happier.
(Well, at least until Golden where if you don't do the post-game stuff one characters gets the bum end of the deal.)

D

Deleted member

This. Persona 3 was better at telling a thematic story, and Persona 4 was better at character stories. It's a matter of preference which affects you more strongly.

Also yeah, rainbows are super cool.
True. Persona 3's story is way more symbolic.

This moves onto gameplay:
-In Persona 4, you can control your party members so they don't mess up your precise plans during boss fights. (You can switch them to automatic though.)
-You're not relegated to one dungeon throughout the whole game, but multiple diverse areas.
-The Reaper is gone.
-Most of your party serve a utility instead of Persona 3 where they give you too many party members worth.
-Other minor conveniences go here.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
A new challenger appears
View attachment 201693

Did you notice I like this image?
So. I have a confession to make.

I was going to make a joke about new Persona girl lookling like a typical anime girl by saying, "Why do you keep using that picture of _____?" But I couldn't think of a generic redhead anime character off the top of my head. So I instead googled "anime redheads" and found this list of the top 15 anime redheads to grab an idea from.

I do not know who any of these characters are and they all also look the same to me so now the joke is ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom