• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The pack Joker is in is called the Challenger Pack. Every single character is coming from an unrepresented series. You didn't read what I said about the new packs.
What I was saying with that is if the third parties are as good as Joker, Erdrick, and Banjo, I want more third parties for future packs instead of less.

Assist Trophy pack.

Also I said first parties because Bandana Dee is my most wanted character. Not sure why you're disagreeing...
I also want Bandana Dee, but the assist trophy pack was my serious answer to your question. I'm not trying to be aggressive.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is really just my nostalgia talking, but I miss the annoying songs they'd play on the radio in 2009. They sucked, but I still listen to them sometimes. They're legit catchy.

The annoying songs they play on the radio now make me want to die.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I didn't need to play XC1 before playing this right

I don't anticipate doing that anytime soon so if there's some kinda thing I'd be in the dark on i'll just read or watch some summary

D

Deleted member

Wait, I just realized. Both Wolfenstein: Youngblood AND Fire Emblem: Three Houses comes out on July 26th this year.

So when are we killing Nazis with dragons? :nifty:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wait, I just realized. Both Wolfenstein: Youngblood AND Fire Emblem: Three Houses comes out on July 26th this year.

i can't wait for the WW2-themed fire emblem in the vein of valkyria chronicles

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
What I was saying with that is if the third parties are as good as Joker, Erdrick, and Banjo, I want more third parties for future packs instead of less.

I also want Bandana Dee, but the assist trophy pack was my serious answer to your question. I'm not trying to be aggressive.

Oooh, gotcha. All good, no harm no foul. My b

D

Deleted member

Wasn’t there already a Wolfenstein game with dragons or am I misremembering?

Roberk

Smash Champion
This is really just my nostalgia talking, but I miss the annoying songs they'd play on the radio in 2009. They sucked, but I still listen to them sometimes. They're legit catchy.

Old good
New bad

Nah, I agree, late 2000s pop was annoying but I’d rather listen to it than what’s on now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
bravely second's soundtrack would have been perfectly fine if it wasn't in the uncomfortable position of having to be compared to mother****ing revo
But Supercell is just as good tho. You dont have to compare the two, they have two totaly different styles

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
citation needed
This is also under the assumption that there will be additional DLC packs. If this is the only one, then no guarantee. If there are multiple packs, then I'm damn near confident that everybody is an unrepped third party in this pack. Erdrick / Banjo all the way!

D

Deleted member

WE
ARE NEVER EVER EVER

D

Deleted member

i can't wait for the WW2-themed fire emblem in the vein of valkyria chronicles
Hey now in THIS THREAD

WE LOVE AND SUPPORT

ALICIA MELCHIOTT

I don't anticipate doing that anytime soon so if there's some kinda thing I'd be in the dark on i'll just read or watch some summary
In the late/endgame of Xenoblade 2, there will be some big stuff that connects both Xenoblade 1 and 2 in possibly the most mind-**** moment imaginable, so you'll miss out on a HUGE mind-****, but nothing too major.

D

Deleted member

Which game are you playing?
If it is another Xenoblade game, then it is true that you can skip XC1 if you want. The Xenoblade games don’t share a specific timeline like the one of Metroid or Metal Gear, so you can play any game in the order you want without worrying about getting confused.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
for reference, here's default's boss theme versus second's boss theme

yeah that transition was ****ing rough
The second one isn't terrible. But the first one clearly has more personality and a much better riff.

The big problem with the second one on first listen is just the seeming randomness of its melody. Like it's going all over the place in the middle because it lost track of where it was. The first one is just much more confident in what the song is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In the late/endgame of Xenoblade 2, there will be some big stuff that connects both Xenoblade 1 and 2 in possibly the most mind-**** moment imaginable, so you'll miss out on a HUGE mind-****, but nothing too major.
I'll watch a plot summary of 1 then, thanks for the info

i like being mind-****ed

However, I feel like the actual event in question has been mentioned here several times, but I'd still like to try and somewhat familiarize myself

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hey now in THIS THREAD

WE LOVE AND SUPPORT

ALICIA MELCHIOTT

>Alicia in Smash
>Specials and Final Smash call upon tank support from Welkin
>Welkin and Alicia victory screen a la Chrom and Robin
Never ever

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
But Supercell is just as good tho. You dont have to compare the two, they have two totaly different styles
great distance slaps and i love the dude's music in general, but i wasn't feeling most of second's ost tbh

you could kind of feel his influence in some of the better boss themes like anne 1, but for the most part it just got swept up in some pretty short and generic midi tracks that could've been made by anyone

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I respectfully disagree. I think when you have a sequel, it's natural to compare it to the first, and Supercell's work is vastly unremarkable compared to Revo's more structured composition and less reliance on guitars to substitute the lack of melody.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t listen to the radio anymore but if y’all talking about like... ****ing Cardi B or Shawn Mendes or something then yeah modern pop songs are mostly trash

Been feeling that way since Katy Perry’s Dark Horse tbh

EDM still slaps tho

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I respectfully disagree. I think when you have a sequel, it's natural to compare it to the first, and Supercell's work is vastly unremarkable compared to Revo's more structured composition and less reliance on guitars to substitute the lack of melody.
Eh, REVO is REVO and supercell is supercell and I find it not right to compare two drastically different styles to one another. You know, apples to oranges and what not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom