• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

damn people really do teabag when they're 2 stocks behind, don't they

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I watch a few, but more so for the hosts than the gameplay. Like, I'll use the Game Grumps as the easiest example. I can say confidently that nobody watches the Grumps for good gameplay, but because they're funny and oftentimes really bad at whatever they're playing. To paraphrase something from a recent episode where they were talking about linguistics podcasts...

Arin: "I feel like there'd be a lot of pressure for something like that. You're just talking about linguistics, so if you mess up one word, people will give up on listening, like, 'get a load of this guy.'"
Dan: "Yeah, it's almost like two guys doing a Let's Play channel when they suck at video games."
Heh.

I've missed Arin and Dad's weirdly insightful conversations, for some reason I just... stopped watching them at some point (I still come back occasionally, but I haven't finished a series in a while).

D

Deleted member

I'm still thinking of it myself, I've been thinking of practicing delivery and thinking of making videos more focused on the informative side considering I dont see myself as particularly funny. Plus I could try and see some spins I could do by putting certain restrictions on them.

For example, I had to make a youtube video for a presentation. One of the most important restrictions was the time, 5 min. It was quite fun as I had to create a script for something and had to cut, rewrite and plan how I presented the info on it. A lot of review videos I've seen have the problem of putting too much filler info, and putting restrictions help reduce this issue.

If I make a channel, it could be focused on trying to make quick and short informative reviews about certain games for example but still I need to plan a lot of stuff to see if its the best way to make them.
I knocked class assignments out of the mother****ing park if I was given absolute creative freedom.

E:Maybe I shouldn't post this

God this topic gets me pumped about making videos again.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I get that. A lot of people agree with you.

To my imagination, Leon went from unlucky cop thrust into a bad situation to a total parody of action hero stereotypes. He's less Resident Evil and more Devil May Cry. I mean, his mission in RE4 is literally to save the President's daughter, which is absurd in its premise all by itself. That's a big part of why people love him; it's just not my thing.

Chris is a man who saw evil in the world and sought it out. He's a boyscout with an obsessive personality and a persistent villain in Wesker that he has to overcome. He loses to him badly in his first rematch, realizing that Wesker has now gained inhuman powers, and buffs the **** up to continue pursuing him and eradicating Umbrella; then he loses to him again, loses his partner, and buffs the **** up more to the point that he can punch boulders in an active volcano. Whereas Leon went from scared rookie to action hero best-friend-of-the-president knife ninja offscreen, I got to grow up watching Chris become who he eventually became through multiple installments. And admire that obsession and dedication. I don't want to be Leon. I want to be Chris.

****ing boyscout to the end.

Plus Roger Craig Smith was born to play Chris.
I mean, when I say Chris is my least favorite that's not really saying much considering I love them all with all my heart. RE nails character better than any other series besides maybe DMC.

It is too bad Roger Craig Smith got replaced in VII. That's a big no no for me. I can get why they replaced Matt Mercer in RE2make since he's younger in that game but why replace Roger? Makes no sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!
noipoi's mean now
oh no oh god i din't mean to be mean oh no oh gosh and golly gee i'm gonna get so grounded oh man oh christ lord jesus can you ever forgive me oh man oh man god please i ask of your forgiveness of ham i'm going to h e double hockey sticks oh gosh oh man

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I watch a few, but more so for the hosts than the gameplay. Like, I'll use the Game Grumps as the easiest example. I can say confidently that nobody watches the Grumps for good gameplay, but because they're funny and oftentimes really bad at whatever they're playing. To paraphrase something from a recent episode where they were talking about linguistics podcasts...

Arin: "I feel like there'd be a lot of pressure for something like that. You're just talking about linguistics, so if you mess up one word, people will give up on listening, like, 'get a load of this guy.'"
Dan: "Yeah, it's almost like two guys doing a Let's Play channel when they suck at video games."
Interesting that you bring them up. See...

I love their music, I love Sequelitis, I love their goofy "ad" videos and the Game Grumps animated videos where they snip out like the one really funny part in an hour's worth of content. I think they're great entertainers when they're on a script.

I do not, however, like watching their actual Game Grumps videos, unedited, just playing a game and talking. I think I'm just old and stubborn. I get two minutes in and think, "Wait, why am I not just playing a game. Or hanging with a friend. Or working on my own video content." And then I change it.

So when I think about how to make quicker content with less effort, I think about Let's Plays and think to myself, "There is NO way I could be entertaining doing that."

D

Deleted member

Yes... yes they do.

I might have done it a couple of times too. But I at least take one of the stocks off afterwards... usually.
i mean like if you get something slick like a falcon combo into knee then sure but all my mans did was knock me offstage and go back to center stage and teabag

like bro chrom still has a recovery

it's not much but it exists like damn

D

Deleted member

Quick think of something witty uh.. uh...

How can Page 3000 be real if we aren't real?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
bro i'll put you in the damn fanfic just chill
Feel like this is the equivalent of the quiet little nice kid in class just dropping the f bomb on an unsuspecting classmate.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
It's page 3000!

Also kind of related: my favorite Let's Player is KZ. Don't know if anyone here even knows of him, lol.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
PAGE 3000 PARTY TIME

This fits surprisingly well with the Regi battle theme

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi is gonna have a heated bruh moment if y'all don't ****ing chill man.

D

Deleted member

I may sound like a robot right now, but why do we keep celebrating pages?
Because we have nothing better to do of course! I mean we're in this drought for the long haul so why not make milestones out of small things like this?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In Shrek 2 Gingy asks one of the Three Blind Mice to pass him a buffalo wing, implying that he's able to eat despite presumably lacking internal organs or a digestive system.

It's unsettling to think about.

D

Deleted member

oh no oh god i din't mean to be mean oh no oh gosh and golly gee i'm gonna get so grounded oh man oh christ lord jesus can you ever forgive me oh man oh man god please i ask of your forgiveness of ham i'm going to h e double hockey sticks oh gosh oh man
too late man, ive already called gwen'shhraslfleh'rkenmthaghshun'kbrothyuirenqbuillehrefshen

you ****ed up, don't you know that the image we percieve of you as on this thread is exactly how you are irl and there's no possible way that you're different and you have to be happy all the time or else we're gonna dox you smhhhh

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, when I say Chris is my least favorite that's not really saying much considering I love them all with all my heart. RE nails character better than any other series besides maybe DMC.

It is too bad Roger Craig Smith got replaced in VII. That's a big no no for me. I can get why they replaced Matt Mercer in RE2make since he's younger in that game but why replace Roger? Makes no sense.
I've never found a reason for why they did it. RE7 was recorded before the big VA strike. When they changed his face, the director apparently decided a change in voice was necessary too.

The new VA voiced Chris in RE:Vendetta, but Roger voiced him again in MvC Infinite. That could have been because that Chris was based on RE5 Chris specifically and carried over from MvC3, but who knows.

I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeally prefer if they brought RCS back in future installments, but I have no idea if they actually will since we never got an explicit reason for why they changed in the first place.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Like this post to not be S U C C E D in by the Poltergust 3000
Professor_Elvin_Gadd.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom