• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm almost to 15,000 posts. That means that I made 5000 in a 3-month period meaning I make roughly 333 posts a week :yoshi:
Interesting...

I just hit 10k posts two days ago, which means I make ~100 posts a day.

I wonder if the math checks out compared to the length of time I've been here.
i think you have an addiction
Well, we knew that already.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been meaning to ask: what're your views on Leon? Both as a character and as a hypothetical addition to Smash?

I know very little/next to nothing about RE, so my perceptions might be all screwed up, but I always assumed Leon was most likely. Perhaps that's because all the previews and reviews for RE4 in the Nintendo magazines I used to read made me associated him and his game with Nintendo though
I don't bring him up much because, personally, he's my least favorite of the main RE protagonists. But he's just as likely as anyone.

Capcom's clearly favored him since RE4. He's been the cover star of all three of the Capcom-produced CGI movies, and obviously starred in the RE2make that sold extremely well. RE4 is commonly treated with "best game of the generation" status for Xbox/PS2/Gamecube era lists, much like Ocarina of Time for the generation prior, so the fact that it came out on Gamecube first certainly helps his case in a "ties to Nintendo" argument.

So it begs the question of how would Leon be represented:
In his RE2 R.P.D. uniform? (Released on N64)

His RE4 secret service uniform? (Released on Gamecube/Wii)

Or the least likely scenario, his RE6/CGI movie look, which never was affiliated with Nintendo consoles.

RE4 has an interesting history in that it was supposed to save the Gamecube, but Capcom undercut Nintendo by announcing a PS2 version just a month before the Gamecube version released, obviously hurting sales of what was once touted as "Gamecube exclusive" (the PS2 version eventually outsold the Gamecube version). Considering RE2make's recency and popularity, I think it would be safe to assume that RE2 Leon is what we would get-- though, it should be noted that RE4 Leon would have the most unique moveset if for no other reason than he gained ninja-esque knife fighting abilities and a penchant for high leg kicks, while RE2 Leon is just a dude holding a gun. Obviously different facets of the character can be combined into one, but regardless of what version they choose, there would undoubtedly be RE4 references. No question.

Any RE character would need to have a moveset that revolves around weaponry in some way, like Snake, but every character has a unique trait about them that can translate into a unique moveset. Jill has her RE5/Revelations acrobatics and her REmake tasers, Chris has his boulder punching and haymakers, and Leon has his kicks and knife; every RE character can use a knife, but no one uses a knife quite like Leon does.

D

Deleted member

So I tried my hand at lifting hand wights while sitting and standing up and now my legs are weak
Like squating? That's a good excercise, if you feel confident I would recommend also trying lunges for the legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
really tho most youtube success comes by either identifying or stumbling into a fad right before its had time to pick up and going from there; most horror game youtubers don't actually play horror games anymore, but they built up enough of a solid following to be set for a long long while

and honestly if it's one in a million chances anyway, just make the stuff you like to make. if people like it back, that's already at least one person's day you've improved in some way.
This is what I was referring to with my post above (this one).

Markiplier started with Indie Horror before it was popular, which was great when FNAF became a break-out success and he rode the waves to stardom, but when the FNAF bubble burst, he didn't complain about losing his following and revenue (looking at you, Treesicle), he moved on and kept on doing what he wanted, with a following of people who like him, and not the games he plays.

The best Youtubers are not necessarily the ones playing the hot new thing, even if their ad revenue says otherwise.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't bring him up much because, personally, he's my least favorite of the main RE protagonists. But he's just as likely as anyone.
Oof, that stings. He's my favorite. Chris has always been my least favorite to be honest. He always seemed like a stereotype of a "tough guy" from the Zombie movies, even when he really shouldn't have in RE1. Leon was the opposite. He was a normal guy on his first day on the force and got dragged into a hell of earth that melded him into a bad ass. But to each their own.

D

Deleted member

All of the talk over YouTube reaction videos makes me want to record my Nintendo direct reactions for you all. Any advice on how to setup?

D

Deleted member

While we're on the topic here's a question, If you made Videos what kind of videos would they be?

Personally I would do some Essay/Speculation and Do some Streams over on Twitch playing some Smash and maybe some of my favorite games like SMRPG/Mother 3/Banjo-Kazooie as well.

Also don't ask about my Profile Pic I tried to make it look like me and I got into a fight a few days ago which is why I made the character look like that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Like squating? That's a good excercise, if you feel confident I would recommend also trying lunges for the legs.
I actually was forced to do lunges all weekend at my moms house visiting because my hip just wouldnt pop/loosen up. I was getti g those random "I have to pop, but I wont" hip pains

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is what I was referring to with my post above (this one).

Markiplier started with Indie Horror before it was popular, which was great when FNAF became a break-out success and he rode the waves to stardom, but when the FNAF bubble burst, he didn't complain about losing his following and revenue (looking at you, Treesicle), he moved on and kept on doing what he wanted, with a following of people who like him, and not the games he plays.

The best Youtubers are not necessarily the ones playing the hot new thing, even if their ad revenue says otherwise.
Finding a public, even niche, helps a lot in having a steady revenue. Plus going for the most popular thing can backfire pretty easily due to the amount of people trying to do the same thing, you would need to truly stand out to differentiate and success in those cases. And if you're a small channel or a beginner, it can take a few tries before finding the right style for the videos.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

And these aren’t mean words, also ooh I’m quivering in my goulashes that I’m wearing at indoor job for some reason.

Should I ask for you to go into more detail?
you better stop or i'll call my uncle to shut down ur nintendo switch he works at sony so he can do it

D

Deleted member

Swallow the microphone.

While we're on the topic here's a question, If you made Videos what kind of videos would they be?

Personally I would do some Essay/Speculation and Do some Streams over on Twitch playing some Smash and maybe some of my favorite games like SMRPG/Mother 3/Banjo-Kazooie as well.

Also don't ask about my Profile Pic I tried to make it look like me and I got into a fight a few days ago which is why I made the character look like that.
Reactions to Smash and Nintendo content and Egoraptor styled analysis videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
really tho most youtube success comes by either identifying or stumbling into a fad right before its had time to pick up and going from there; most horror game youtubers don't actually play horror games anymore, but they built up enough of a solid following to be set for a long long while

and honestly if it's one in a million chances anyway, just make the stuff you like to make. if people like it back, that's already at least one person's day you've improved in some way.
No I get that. I'm talking about revenue streams.

I've run two retail businesses, so I understand the concept of having a product to get them in the door and having the products that generate all the revenue. For my current business, the "get them in" is locally made customizable sofas with a lousy markup that I don't make much money on. The revenue generation comes from much cheaper imported furniture and consignments.

But I want to one day transfer my time over to my Youtube channel because I really, really love making scripted comedy content. But I need that revenue to make that a thing; working full time plus overtime doesn't leave much time or energy to commit to what feels like a second job. I need to try and generate revenue through Youtube to justify taking time off work to progress the channel.

The easy answer is let's plays. I already play videogames in my downtime; just put a camera in front of me and try to entertain. But that doesn't sound fun in the least for me and I don't even know what's supposed to be entertaining about it considering I don't find let's plays or streamers entertaining.

There's gotta be some way to spin it into something I want to do, but still doesn't demand the same effort as my main videos so I can pump them out regularly. I'm gonna ponder this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom