• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Enlighten yourself, make sure to also check out his "history of the entire world, i guess" as that one is also great.
Oh. Yeah, I saw that. Like... years ago. Kinda forgot about it.

grey my man how can you not have seen history of japan

it's a youtube rite of passage
***** I was on Youtube back before Google owned it and videos over ten minutes weren't allowed yet.

...but I'm also bad at keeping up with the internet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean as a creator. I have my parody series and idea for other videos in the future, but all of them require significant time and resources. They're all scripted with multiple actors and animation.

Like, I should just plug in my camera, get a green screen and start playing my videogames publicly to develop a "personality" for people to follow but that does not sound fun to me. My videogames are my me-time. I don't want to feel the pressure of entertaining someone else while doing something I like to relax to.

But then I see reaction videos with 200,000 views in a week and just think "what the ****".
Nah honestly the parody series is good enough but you could also do why TFS does and have a gaming channel in addition to a twitch stream for that sweet sweet consistency In viewership after you build it up

I uh... I might end up trying to go back to YouTube at some point soon lol

But then again I feel like YouTube is being shoved into a coffin recently and it’s forcefully trying to prevent being buried alive

D

Deleted member

Isn't Summoning Salt also the same person who made that "History of Super Mario Bros.'s World 1-1" speedrunning video that is in my recommendations at least every damn month?
Yep! That's him! But it's 4-2, not 1-1!

This video is one of my favorites of his, it anybody wants to start watching him!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Favorite Youtubers?

I enjoy Alpharad a good bit. I've been a subscriber since 10K, and it's been great seeing his growth over the years. He makes games look fun on his own, and his gang of friends like Turvis, Jo, and Dad make for an even better time in any video.

Dunkey is an obligatory mention as well.

D

Deleted member

My favorite youtubers are: Etika, Silvagunner, Papagenos, Scott the Woz, Jontron, Relax Alax, Rodgersbase and Jacksfilms.

I enjoy Etika cause of how hyper he is all of the time it's nice to have a Youtuber like that once in awhile. Silvagunner uploads only the highest of Quality rips so he gets an A+ From me, I enjoy Papageno's channel cause I like hearing his opinions on stuff be it that I disagree with him or not.

Scott the Woz is basically Jontron except not controversial and he has a consistent upload schedule, Jontron is a Classic and he always makes me laugh. RelaxAlax is a great youtuber with very good production value and he's fun to watch. Rodger uploads Nintendo and One Piece stuff and I like both so of course I like the dude, And finally Jacksfilms is pretty cool and his production value is decent too.

Though I watch more Anime and Streams than anything.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It can be a bit of both. If you want to go off the cuff, a lot of people like that. But many people also appreciate someone who has knowledge of what they are playing, so that they can get help in the game or things like that.

So what you're saying is I should start making Resident Evil videos.

Got it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Lol. I've said it multiple times but posts get lost here so quickly.

Chris is actually my favorite. He's the Superman/Captain America archetype, and I adore everything about him. That said, Jill is the tails to his heads on the same coin, and Chris has been the star of two straight MvC games where, unlike Jill, he was actually well-represented. Jill has closer ties to Nintendo, a classic moveset to draw from to keep a Smash character's roots closer to old RE than new RE, and she hasn't been relevant in the canonical RE timeline since 2009 when she was brainwashed by Wesker.

I vote for Jill because I miss her and because she's more likely with the rumored RE3make and fourth CGI movie both starring her, while Chris would likely get his new not-Roger-Craig-Smith VA and I'd die a little inside. Plus, in terms of making RE more popular in the Smash fandom, let's be honest: The fanbase likes girls.
I've been meaning to ask: what're your views on Leon? Both as a character and as a hypothetical addition to Smash?

I know very little/next to nothing about RE, so my perceptions might be all screwed up, but I always assumed Leon was most likely. Perhaps that's because all the previews and reviews for RE4 in the Nintendo magazines I used to read made me associated him and his game with Nintendo though

D

Deleted member

Me: Watches videos about things I like
Youtube: Let me recommend you some videos that explain why the thing you like actually sucks in great detail
Me: No thank yo-
Youtube: IT AIN'T NO MASTERPIECE, SON!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Youtube: Let me recommend you some videos that explain why the thing you like actually sucks in great detail
me: watches BBC news video
youtube: Ben Shapiro GRILLS And HUMILIATES Entitled Liberal Millennial Freeloader

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
step 1: react to nintendo direct
step 2: make this face all the way through whenever they reveal literally anything, even if we already know about it

View attachment 201460

you are now a successful youtuber
Realtalk, there are two things I hate on Youtube:
  1. Videos that start with the words "hey guys it's ______", optionally with "ya boi" thrown in.
  2. Thumbnails with poorly pasted "reaction" stills of very stupid faces.
I will never be caught doing either. I don't care how much it pays.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Got it.
Honestly yeah
Do that
Depending on whatever philosophy you develop about it you might want to play the newest games, games that are “yesterday’s” new games, or old games

New game video market is ultra saturated but now that Sekiro is the big thing right now RE would probably a good snipe. Some people might say it’s bad because of the primary viewership momentum shift though

I mean... uh... I don’t know how this works! Totally in the dark!:happysheep:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Got it.
Probably. If you're passionate about it and have the knowledge to make a good script around it, that's fine.

Granted, there's channels like SphereHunter and GamingBrit that have quite a few RE videos. But there's room for more I feel.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Videos that start with the words "hey guys it's ______", optionally with "ya boi" thrown in.
now if i had a successful youtube channel there's no way in hell that i'd be able to stop myself from going "hey guys, what's up, it's ya boi panda"

D

Deleted member

me: watches BBC news video
youtube: Ben Shapiro GRILLS And HUMILIATES Entitled Liberal Millennial Freeloader
I HATE when YouTube gives me recommendations based on one measly video.

But don't talk trash about Shapiro, that man is a treasure.

D

Deleted member

Joesph Anderson wants to know your location.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Realtalk, there are two things I hate on Youtube:
  1. Videos that start with the words "hey guys it's ______", optionally with "ya boi" thrown in.
  2. Thumbnails with poorly pasted "reaction" stills of very stupid faces.
I will never be caught doing either. I don't care how much it pays.
"Hey guys, it's ya boi Good Guy Giygas with a new reaction video here..."

D

Deleted member

Enlighten yourself, make sure to also check out his "history of the entire world, i guess" as that one is also great.
I watched the video. I enjoyed it! I remember his world history video.

They forgot about the fact that the Soviets declared war on Japan in August 15th, 1945. The Soviets liberated Manchuria and North Korea. The Soviet invasion was said to be the main cause that made Japan surrender.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wish I understood Youtube/Twitch streamer culture. I can tell it's the easiest entertainment form to mass produce for ad revenue, but I... like... don't get it.

Do I just play a game and talk? Do I make a script to follow? Is it engagement with fans that gets them coming back or do they just genuinely enjoy your antics? I've never really enjoyed the format so I have no idea how to reproduce it. I hate the idea of me becoming "a personality" or "an influencer".

I just want to make scripted videos and release them when I can but you can't maintain a channel without producing new **** like every ****ing day.
Here's what I understand.

There are two kinds of Youtube/Twitch Let's Players, the ones who focus on a single subject/series and the ones who play many series.

There are Let's Players who get their start playing the most recent fad (e.g. Indie Horror, Minecraft, GTA, Overwatch, Fortnite, whatever), and these Let's Players see major success, until the bubble inevitably bursts and they lose all their revenue; the thing is, rather than branch out, these guys often make secondary channels on the next big fad.

If you're going to be a Let's Player, you should either focus on multiple topics or focus on a single niche that is endlessly sustainable (e.g. playing a series like Mario/Sonic or being a speedrunner); it also helps if you're a personality that people will come back for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Fortnite character with a gimmick that allows them to build extra, destructible platforms on a stage, would be EPIC

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
really tho most youtube success comes by either identifying or stumbling into a fad right before its had time to pick up and going from there; most horror game youtubers don't actually play horror games anymore, but they built up enough of a solid following to be set for a long long while

and honestly if it's one in a million chances anyway, just make the stuff you like to make. if people like it back, that's already at least one person's day you've improved in some way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom