• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

now I'm not saying Joker's reveal out of nowhere on launch night wasn't perfect but boy was he revealed too early
Imagine that he got revealed in the February Direct.

I can picture many people thinking at first that it was a trailer of a P5 port.

Roberk

Smash Champion
now I'm not saying Joker's reveal out of nowhere on launch night wasn't perfect but boy was he revealed too early
It was hype for when it was, Smash was the thing everybody was talking about then, but we’ve gotten too little info to make up for the time between announcement and release date. Sounds like another developer we know...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I highly doubt Smash would have developers stupid enough to leave data of another character inside the alternative palettes/alt data of a different one

The 24th is on a Wednesday and Nintendo directs tend to be on Thursdays so it makes sense if they showcase that the day after top
Oh god no. Please don’t make us wait THAT long. We’ve already been waiting for almost 3 months! We need to see something!

Iridium

Smash Hero

Mii Brawler sucks.

D

Deleted member

Oh god no. Please don’t make us wait THAT long. We’ve already been waiting for almost 3 months! We need to see something!
I waited longer periods as a Godzilla, Crash and Fantastic Four fan; tbh.

Godzilla was literally dead for around a decade after Final Wars, and we got nothing from the franchise until the 2014 movie. The Fantastic Four were also in a same scenario for around 5 years until 2018.

I can understand why some people want news already, but I'm personally used to long waits.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s weird that I’m much more of a Mortal Kombat fan than I am a Smash one, yet the wait for Smash is killing me and the wait for MK11 isn’t. I guess that’s what happens when your series is just doing the usual ****.

God I wish MK11 was more hype. I just can’t get into the excitement for this one. Like, nothing about it feels new or exciting. I really wish NRS were doing something else right now, like that Slasher movie Fighter everyone keeps telling them to make.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It’s weird that I’m much more of a Mortal Kombat fan than I am a Smash one, yet the wait for Smash is killing me and the wait for MK11 isn’t. I guess that’s what happens when your series is just doing the usual ****.

God I wish MK11 was more hype. I just can’t get into the excitement for this one. Like, nothing about it feels new or exciting. I really wish NRS were doing something else right now, like that Slasher movie Fighter everyone keeps telling them to make.
Also helps MK11 has like a consistent reveal trailer thing going on.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
not illegal but yes definitively wack. I dated a lot of older women at age 17 and in hindsight that **** is hella creepy
My biggest age difference was eight years. There's definitely like a generational difference when you talk that's hard to get over. But at the same time I'm attracted to maturity and self confidence; way easier to find that going up in age rather than down lol.

But we were both out of high school. One time I met a girl at a party who I only found out a few hours later was barely 17; glad I didn't pursue that. She was flirting hard too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also helps MK11 has like a consistent reveal trailer thing going on.
Helps make it feel boring and samey.

If RelaxAlax is anything to go by, I am currently experiencing what it was like for Mario fans when everyone wanted to see a new sandbox game and they got 3D World instead.

The only difference is I am the only one in the MK fandom who is disappointed.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally, same exact thing happened with Mewtwo. I have no idea why anyone's surprised. At least we got Piranha Plant as DLC as early as we did. Smash 4 had nothing like that. October-April with no news... at all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Helps make it feel boring and samey.

If RelaxAlax is anything to go by, I am currently experiencing what it was like for Mario fans when everyone wanted to see a new sandbox game and they got 3D World instead.

The only difference is I am the only one in the MK fandom who is disappointed.
I go to a toku forum and there's been some people who have been VERY unhappy with the fact they're keeping variations

D

Deleted member

Literally, same exact thing happened with Mewtwo. I have no idea why anyone's surprised. At least we got Piranha Plant as DLC as early as we did. Smash 4 had nothing like that. November-April with no news... at all.
Ouch no news for half a year. I remember watching the DLC stuff in 4 but I did not remember the drought going for that long, Yikes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Literally, same exact thing happened with Mewtwo. I have no idea why anyone's surprised. At least we got Piranha Plant as DLC as early as we did. Smash 4 had nothing like that. November-April with no news... at all.
Ehhhhh while we had to wait even longer for Mewtwo, Mewtwo's a veteran, a character with an already established moveset. We don't know a SINGLE attack from Joker, meaning everyone already kind of knew what to expect

D

Deleted member

Glad that I went to sleep, hate it when its just an announcement for an announcement. Still, looking forward to see more of this new character. I feel her role is probably something along the lines of a protagonist of another story.

My MK hype died for me after 9, that game was pretty much one of the best revivals the franchise. I couldn't get much into X honestly, felt that the variations were kind of lame as they jut divided the moveset, the environments looked kinda dull, Brutalities were more entertaining than the Fatalities, but it was kinda fun to play and an improvement over 9. Still, they could've done the kids a lot better as they just felt derivative and in the cases of Kotal Khan and his followers they were underdeveloped.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Then PlayStation is probably not a thing, either

They did inadvertently help create it, after all.
Videogames as we know them wouldn't exist; Nintendo singlehandedly revitalized the home videogame market after Atari crashed it.

Arcades probably would have lasted longer; Sega would have been in Nintendo's place in the home console market with the Sega Master System but without the visionaries at Nintendo; probably wouldn't have done well enough to generate larger investments and they would have put more money into their arcade machines. Sega only really existed as we know them because they were chasing Nintendo's money.

Portables would also take much longer to get out; the market simply wouldn't be there without the NES proving there was an untapped market. I have no idea who would have replaced Nintendo as the industry leader in the 80s and 90s. Sega just chased Nintendo, SNK was niche, Atari was basically dead, Sony only got into the industry because of failed projects with Nintendo and Sega, Microsoft only got into the industry to compete with Sony...

Damn. What WOULD gaming be like right now without Nintendo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It’s CUSTOM variations. There has been no indication that there will be pre-set ones besides the default. It’s basically Custom Characters like in Smash.
I'm aware as it was a thing in MKX and those people didn't like it then either, because variations take more time for development for single characters and means less characters. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the only robot in MKX a character who could fill the niche of the others with variations? It comes at the cost of the characters and at the end of the day, people like characters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm aware as it was a thing in MKX and those people didn't like it then either, because variations take more time for development for single characters and means less characters. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the only robot in MKX a character who could fill the niche of the others with variations? It comes at the cost of the characters and at the end of the day, people like characters
No. This is very different from MKX. But yeah. Triborg was a thing. I liked it, but I guess I’m weird. Liked Triborg, not the variations system. That was lame.

The name is tripping people up, they’re expecting one terrible thing when they’re actually getting a different terrible thing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I was bored, so I went to read a good article, which oddly reminds me of Pyra Pyra for some reason.

Videogames as we know them wouldn't exist; Nintendo singlehandedly revitalized the home videogame market after Atari crashed it.

Arcades probably would have lasted longer; Sega would have been in Nintendo's place in the home console market with the Sega Master System but without the visionaries at Nintendo; probably wouldn't have done well enough to generate larger investments and they would have put more money into their arcade machines. Sega only really existed as we know them because they were chasing Nintendo's money.

Portables would also take much longer to get out; the market simply wouldn't be there without the NES proving there was an untapped market. I have no idea who would have replaced Nintendo as the industry leader in the 80s and 90s. Sega just chased Nintendo, SNK was niche, Atari was basically dead, Sony only got into the industry because of failed projects with Nintendo and Sega, Microsoft only got into the industry to compete with Sony...

PlayStation All-Stars is the new Smash, in some otherworldly reality. If nothing really makes sense, I guess.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Absolute proof that Nintendo is the king of gaming, no matter what anyone else says

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I was bored, so I went to read a good article, which oddly reminds me of Pyra Pyra for some reason.

PlayStation All-Stars is the new Smash, in some otherworldly reality. If nothing really makes sense, I guess.
Honestly PSABR should have been a lot better. Just make health bars or the typical percentage thing and improve the roster and we've got ourselves a good game

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It wouldn't be that much more dev time really.
Triborg was easier to make than making separate versions of Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke AND Cyber Sub-Zero.

D

Deleted member

So not only was the Persona 5 R announcement lackluster, but now I got someone at work straight up calling me a baka, unironically.

God please strike me down.

Screenshot_20190322-224224_YouTube.jpg

D

Deleted member

My guess is that gaming as an industry would become way more focused on arcades through the 90s with a company like SNK tapping into the market. Then around the turn of the millenium home consoles would make a comeback as the technology is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom