• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Counterpoint, 1, 2, 3, 4 are male, 5, 6, 7, 8 are female.

It'd be a deviation from the norm, yeah, but it's certainly a possibility.
Counterpoint counterpoint, why has only alt #6 been found to have a ponytail but no others? Wouldn't #5 having it as the base form for Fem Joker make more sense by your system?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well okay, then I'd expect 5 , 6, 7, and 8 to have the Jane and Ponytail designation. As is though, it's weird that it isn't the 2nd or 8th costume that's "special."
Fair point, but from what I understand, there's nothing that suggests only c06 has the ponytail bone. It was just the example they used to show that the designation exists.

There are many possibilities for what that ponytail bone could be, and I just want Joker's gameplay to be revealed so we can find out what the **** it means.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It was just the example they used to show that the designation exists.
this is correct - and I believe reading somewhere on the twitter conversations (i'll see if I can find it) that the costume is present on c02, 04, 06, and 08

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The persona concert is gonna end with a higher ups from sega coming in and kicking the atlus marketers asses one by one for being awful at marketing games

After that all atlus games will no longer be announced 5 years before they come out and no more announcements for announcements

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The persona concert is gonna end with a higher ups from sega coming in and kicking the atlus marketers ***** one by one for being awful at marketing games

After that all atlus games will no longer be announced 5 years before they come out and no more announcements for announcements
Real talk, I’d pay money to see that happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The persona concert is gonna end with a higher ups from sega coming in and kicking the atlus marketers ***** one by one for being awful at marketing games

PERSONA 5 IS GOING TO COME OUT
WINTER 2014.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
this is correct - and I believe reading somewhere on the twitter conversations (i'll see if I can find it) that the costume is present on c02, 04, 06, and 08
I think you might be remembering the numbers wrong. Smash costumes are based on a zero-index system, meaning the first costume for a character is c00. So if those numbers were right, that would mean Female Joker is on costumes 3, 5, 7, and 9.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>me on the outside vs me on the inside.
View attachment 200236
Mr SMT gave birth to his son, Persona. Mr SMT was with his son all his life, his name attached to his son until he said "Today, you are your own person" And made Persona a primary and took his name off his sons insurance

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time to make other people happy and/or upset. :p Also refer to my second to last post for a disclaimer.
Oh Man Here We Go.png
In retrospect I probably should've left out the characters I don't really have an opinion on lol.

D

Deleted member

I think you might be remembering the numbers wrong. Smash costumes are based on a zero-index system, meaning the first costume for a character is c00. So if those numbers were right, that would mean Female Joker is on costumes 3, 5, 7, and 9.
Actually with a zero-index the costumes would be 0,2,4,6 and 1,3,5,7. Anything after 7 would imply more than 8 costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Actually with a zero-index the costumes would be 0,2,4,6 and 1,3,5,7. Anything after 7 would imply more than 8 costumes.
I know, but I'm saying Gentlepanda said they read that the ponytail bones were on c02, 04, 06, and 08, which would result in costumes 3, 5, 7, and 9. I was saying that didn't make sense.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
*Looks at thread title*

Okay so there's suppose to be Persona information tomorrow? Hopefully Joker's render and character trailer will be posted tomorrow or sometime soon now if the female protagonist rumor is real.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei, fingers crossed for news about V at E3. It's been two years since we heard news about the game and the wait has been killing me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i see you were the one who actually uploaded news of the discovery to reddit in the first place so i'll trust your authority on this

MainJPW

M.T.A
The customizable characters in Forces remind me of that bug eyed girl from the poster in Speed Highway act 2 back in Sonic Adventure.

Oh man, oh god.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Real talk, I’d pay money to see that happen.
Say, was there something of yours I missed today?

Time to make other people happy and/or upset. :p Also refer to my second to last post for a disclaimer.
In retrospect I probably should've left out the characters I don't really have an opinion on lol.
A longer challenge would be doing this, but with every character belonging to a franchise in Smash.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
this isn't the tweet i remember but it is one on the matter

i.e. data is fragmented anyway so even if there are multiple 'jane' skins we probably don't have them all atm

D

Deleted member

I know, but I'm saying Gentlepanda said they read that the ponytail bones were on c02, 04, 06, and 08, which would result in costumes 3, 5, 7, and 9. I was saying that didn't make sense.
I see, I thought that the only costume info we had was c06 and there wasn't any info about the others.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Forrest: *only "Nifty"*
Moydow Moydow wishes to know your location.

(Boy I hope I got the user right, otherwise the joke is wasted).

Also, Charlotte is in the exist pile? Whelp, praline praline and I are going to have to reeducate you on your dreadful mistake.

D

Deleted member

Not everything I do here revolves around you, you know.
The thread ***** disagrees
What's so bad about Jedah and Soleil? Like, to me the problems surrounding them are just that, they're not problems inherit to themselves. Jedah is actually a pretty good and understandable villain imo(not in a moral way, it's just easy to understand the motivations of a religious fanatic).
also loki and squidward are good you guys are just mean

>Joshua and Forrest only at nifty
Time to die, *****

D

Deleted member

considering atlus sent out surveys asking if people wanted ports of their games to other consoles like switch i think most people are setting expectations for a port way too high

it seems much more likely to me that joker is in smash because
a) sakurai likes persona 5 to the point of taking direct influence from it in ultimate
b) nintendo knows that joker/persona 5 is a huge name to drop for their DLC to get people hyped
c) atlus sees it as a good way to draw attention to persona 5 R, which probably isn't coming to switch

people thought cloud meant ff7 remake was a lock on NX, but nearly four years later we're not even sure if remake is coming to ps4 anymore

damn son i oneshot mr drunkard but spent like 2 hours on butterfly

she a real mean granny
See, this is what gets me when people say "UHHH BUT LEAKERS SAID" about Persona 5 coming to Switch. Leakers said Final Fantasy VII Remake was coming to the NX LITERAL HOURS after Cloud's reveal in that November Direct, and look what happened. Just the port of the original game doesn't count in their favor.

I'm ready for the ****storm when people riot about P5R not coming to Switch, though at this point, who even knows with current Nintendo plans. Hard to tell what'll happen unless the news from the mouth drops. Like I don't think anyone expected Cuphead on Switch in April. And to be fair for the optimist side, Persona 5 waaas developed for the PS3 too, and while CTR: Nitro-Fueled is a multi-platform including Switch, it DID show the PS logo first.

I just hope waking up at 4 in the morning so I can have something of worth while eating breakfast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when u tryna avoid all spoilers but catch a snippet of sekiro's final boss theme anyway

1553296222727.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quick note: ground zero for the entire Jane c06 Ponytail shenanigans.

Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei, fingers crossed for news about V at E3. It's been two years since we heard news about the game and the wait has been killing me.
Psst, check out my character
support thread for SMT guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom