• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So when will Persona 5 R discussion hours be? Wanna be here for the moment in case hearts be broken or dreams coming true.

Though I will say there has been a surprising amount of people calling it not coming to the Switch.
12 hours and 30 minutes time until the special itself starts.

Roberk

Smash Champion
So when will Persona 5 R discussion hours be? Wanna be here for the moment in case hearts be broken or dreams coming true.

Though I will say there has been a surprising amount of people calling it not coming to the Switch.
Early tomorrow morning U.S. time, unfortunately. 20:00 Japan time so convert for your zone, it's 6:00 AM central time for me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It is definitely reminiscent of contemporary styles... :p

How far along into this project are you?
Not too far in yet. For the most part we are in the planning phases. We do already have a full story worked out, I just wanna focus on character designs, models, and programming as of now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
considering atlus sent out surveys asking if people wanted ports of their games to other consoles like switch i think most people are setting expectations for a port way too high

it seems much more likely to me that joker is in smash because
a) sakurai likes persona 5 to the point of taking direct influence from it in ultimate
b) nintendo knows that joker/persona 5 is a huge name to drop for their DLC to get people hyped
c) atlus sees it as a good way to draw attention to persona 5 R, which probably isn't coming to switch

people thought cloud meant ff7 remake was a lock on NX, but nearly four years later we're not even sure if remake is coming to ps4 anymore

damn son i oneshot mr drunkard but spent like 2 hours on butterfly

she a real mean granny
Not to mention the Persona 5 R teaser specifically has a Playstation logo to start it off, meaning it's definitely not going to be just a port.

Honestly, along with the various leaks/rumors, I think it's just the definitive version of Persona 5, along the lines of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden (without the port).

Or maybe it's some other dumb spin-off, but hopefully not.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not to mention the Persona 5 R teaser specifically has a Playstation logo to start it off, meaning it's definitely not going to be just a port.

Honestly, along with the various leaks/rumors, I think it's just the definitive version of Persona 5, along the lines of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden (without the port)

honestly i'd be thinking it could be anything if not for the whole jack/jane stuff in smash, since unless sakurai's dedicating four whole slots to reskins of the dancing in moonlight crossdressing costume it makes it pretty clear that something's up with R

D

Deleted member

Honestly, along with the various leaks/rumors, I think it's just the definitive version of Persona 5, along the lines of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden (without the port)

My only hope that doesn't involve repurchasing a PS4 is that Persona 5 R is released on PS4 only but they port the original Persona 5 to Switch, as baffling as that might sound.

D

Deleted member

honestly i'd be thinking it could be anything if not for the whole jack/jane stuff in smash, since unless sakurai's dedicating four whole slots to reskins of the dancing in moonlight crossdressing costume it makes it pretty clear that something's up with R
Who tf is Jane

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who tf is Jane
Datamining within the game shows that Joker's 6th (I think) costume was dubbed "Jane" and had the designation "Ponytail physics."

People are thinking it could imply a Female Joker option ala Persona 3 protagonists.

Personally, I don't think it means anything, as if it was a female option, I think it'd be 4 skins; 2,4,6,8 being female.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

she's a precious cinnamon roll how dare you

only someone dumped the entire bag of ground cinnamon into the roll and now it kills you if you try and eat it
Someone dumped the entire bag onto Agnes's cinnamon roll, and it was Edea!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Datamining within the game shows that Joker's 6th (I think) costume was dubbed "Jane" and had the designation "Ponytail physics."

People are thinking it could imply a Female Joker option ala Persona 3 protagonists.

Personally, I don't think it means anything, as if it was a female option, I think it'd be 4 skins; 2,4,6,8 being female.
Counterpoint, 1, 2, 3, 4 are male, 5, 6, 7, 8 are female.

It'd be a deviation from the norm, yeah, but it's certainly a possibility.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Plot twist, Joker actually features alts of other characters and Flynn is #6 with a ponytail.
Flynn_render.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna assume the thread totle is in reference to me and that I did a Thing™

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Counterpoint, 1, 2, 3, 4 are male, 5, 6, 7, 8 are female.

It'd be a deviation from the norm, yeah, but it's certainly a possibility.
Well okay, then I'd expect 5 , 6, 7, and 8 to have the Jane and Ponytail designation, which they don't.

As is though, it's weird that it isn't the 2nd or 8th costume that's "special," but the 6th one.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay so I only included the characters I actually knew a decent bit about from the games I haven't played yet lol. Like I'm not gonna rank Eduardo when I haven't played Radiant Dawn and know like, nothing about him. :p

It's pretty much ordered up to and including the Really Neato tier, and kinda-sorta ordered in the Nifty tier up until around Moulder, whereupon it was mostly just interchangeable with the They Exist tier, which pretty much isn't ordered lol. The two lowest tiers are ordered too.

I'll post the tier list in a smidge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom