• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
?

I’m confused.

I know you’re upset with me, but why?

Had that gif went on any longer we’d be in the zone.

Now I see why you like Jill so much.
People talk about this like he's the only developer and is the sole maker of every decisions. Just look at all those credits! It's not fair to all those developers.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Real Smash fans know the CSS is actually a beautiful painting and there is no actual game to be played.
until you realise that adding five characters after piranha plant will irreparably damage its beautiful structure and the only solution is to delete all my wonderful miis

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So am I the only one preparing for disappointment given how Smash always ends Base and DLC? Especially given Nintendo is choosing.

Still predict Byleth/Edelgard, Erdrick, Gen 8 Pokemon and Steve (No way in hell is Nintendo gonna pass this opportunity up)
You kinda keep repeating the same thing over and over, man.

And honestly that'd be a pretty great lineup.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah real DLC Pessimism hours! Seriously though I can't get hyped for the DLC there wasn't a single new character that I was hyped for in base and the DLC won't have a single character that I'm hyped for.

I'm just here for the ride and the salt cause gosh knows this DLC will break the Smash Bubble by the end of it.
This is why I said its best if you let expectstions for characters die

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
At this point i'm interested in Erdrick. I was ambivalent before, but after all this time I genuinely wanna see what he could do.

Doesn't hurt that i adore the Toriyama artstyle. Wish i could draw like that.

D

Deleted member

Not sure why people liked my previous post. I was asking an honest question. I'd actually prefer Erdrick over other SE characters (except maybe Slime).

This thread needs to turn things down a notch.
Nah, nothing new on the Erdrick front, just more speculating.
And I think you should know by now that we have no room for jokes here, serious discussion only.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Real Smash fans know the CSS is actually a beautiful painting and there is no actual game to be played.
BEAUTIFUL? But they put in a unique Pokemon instead of a Ness clone that barely looks different!

D

Deleted member

At this point i'm interested in Erdrick. I was ambivalent before, but after all this time I genuinely wanna see what he could do.

Doesn't hurt that i adore the Toriyama artstyle. Wish i could draw like that.
just draw some lines stupid

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You kinda keep repeating the same thing over and over, man.

And honestly that'd be a pretty great lineup.
didn't you get the memo?

steve is literally hitler and he killed edea in the night with a pickaxe lobotomy

D

Deleted member

Okay I'm gonna try DQ one last time I've given it two chances now neither of which impressed me so I really do hope I like this one. Maybe I can also get hype for Erdrick if I start to enjoy DQ, Wish me luck!

D

Deleted member

People talk about this like he's the only developer and is the sole maker of every decisions. Just look at all those credits! It's not fair to all those developers.
Of course he can’t take all the credit, but does he not choose all the character (with exception of DLC characters) in the game?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Had that gif went on any longer we’d be in the zone.

Now I see why you like Jill so much.
I actually prefer her in pants.

Her RE3 outfit and RE5 Battlesuit are just easier to find images for for some reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
didn't you get the memo?

steve is literally hitler and he killed edea in the night with a pickaxe lobotomy
Speaking of which, I dropped a gameplay idea over in the Steve thread if anyone wants to give it a look.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
i understand. well have fun, but now youre not as unique :O
Even after the fad ends, I’ll continue to keep this pic.

While I’m here, have a Dorothy post:

93136934-D107-43CA-9D13-96C0CFA96A95.jpeg

Not smiling here since her friends are now ornaments under the Nome King’s powers.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Besides, I can't be pessimistic when i know one of my favorite games is 104% (with a 4% margin of error) guaranteed to be represented.

d5d924f7a1311d1fb1989f27b03ced33f1579d11_00.gif

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Of course he can’t take all the credit, but does he not choose all the character (with exception of DLC characters) in the game?
I assume so, but it's not like his word is god. He has to defend his descisions to other people on the dev team. I'm sure they have the ability to convince him to change his mind (either positively or negatively) on any one character.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
i know nothing about jill but her mvc2 design is the best and no-one can tell me otherwise
That's just her RE1 look but with more personality. And large biceps.

Seriously she's kinda jacked.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’m at kind of a weird point with DLC speculation. My two most wanted characters (K. Rool / Isabelle) got in the base roster, and all of my other picks (Waluigi / Shovel Knight / Skull Kid) are stuck in Assist Trophies, so I don’t really have a horse in the race.

I think Crash Bandicoot is lowkey underrated tbh. The Trilogy is on Switch, CTR is coming to Switch, he’s a fairly big name mascot and pretty popular throughout all regions. Definitely lines up with the suprises Reggie told us to expect. He’s not a character I’m rooting for, but I kind of expect him tbh

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Master Chief has been deconfirmed disconfirmed (seriously guys deconfirmed isn't a word and disconfirmed is the grammatically correct word) tho.
Frankie (the person who "disconfirmed" Master Chief), while high up at 343, is not the top dog. I somehow don’t think he’d be on the inside track for something like IP rights negotiations. Besides, back when he was a community liaison for Bungie, he was known to say misleading/silly things to build up to surprises.

Chief is still very much in the game. What better way to draw in the western market than with Mr. American video game?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now that we're actually discussing Smash, I have no idea how to feel.

I'm soo used to this thread talking about everything BUT Smash.

osby

Smash Obsessed
As the director, he makes the bulk of the creative decisions, though. He can't take credit for a lot of stuff like UI design, but character choices, he can, with few exception like Corrin.

D

Deleted member

Besides, I can't be pessimistic when i know one of my favorite games is 104% (with a 4% margin of error) guaranteed to be represented.

View attachment 199991
How could I forget about Sans? Scratch what I was joking about earlier maybe there really will be Characters I want. Undertale is a great game and I would love for it to get a rep especially our boy Sans.

D

Deleted member

That's just her RE1 look but with more personality. And large biceps.

Seriously she's kinda jacked.
bro idk what's up with media and not letting girls be jacked

like damn give em some muscles if theyre gonna be punching god

D

Deleted member

View attachment 199991
You feel your sins crawling down your back.

SANNSSSSSS dodges with ease.

“Hehehehegeyeheejfjeiehgisugiwitbrhtu”

SANNSSSSS happily dances with you.

Too late for that, pal. badtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom