• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t know if this counts as unpopular, but I honestly love Callie, Marie, Pearl and Marina pretty equally, like I can’t really say I love one of them significantly more or less than the others. (I was kinda meh on Pearl until the Octo Expansion though) Admittedly this might have been influenced by Gomigomipomi’s art, but still...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can never take Twilight Princess Zelda seriously when people abbreviate it as TP Zelda because I just think of toilet paper.

Like someone just TP'd Zelda's castle.

D

Deleted member

Both TP Ganondorf and TP Zelda seem blank, bitter and contemplative.
I’ve never played the game, but was that more or less the theme?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Twilight Princess, over all, took on a much more somber tone than most other Zelda games, in stark contrast with Wind Waker which came immediately before it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ganondorf is all smug
All the time

If you want sad and contemplative Ganondorf, that'd be WW Ganondorf. Too bad he looks like he's made up of 90% torso.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know if this counts as unpopular, but I honestly love Callie, Marie, Pearl and Marina pretty equally, like I can’t really say I love one of them significantly more or less than the others. (I was kinda meh on Pearl until the Octo Expansion though) Admittedly this might have been influenced by Gomigomipomi’s art, but still...
Marie is beginning to cover the camera’s view with her hand. What are they about to do?
:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You crazy kids and your newfangled slang and your lack of back problems...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seen the pic already long ago, but it is kinda cute nonetheless. Thanks for thinking about me regardless. :ultpit::ultzss: It'd cheer me up after the nightmare I had.
Sigh, still wish proper justice of art of that ship would get love... I'd always be open to speak about it whenever you want to know more. I wanna make a difference one day.
Nightmare fixing/curing is always a good thing
Unpopular Opinions?
Sonic Mania and Generations are the only good Sonic games.
All the others are either decent or meh. The only bad ones were Boom and 06.

Sonic Mania and Colors are the only Sonic games I played so this may be bias.
We gonna fix that
I can never take Twilight Princess Zelda seriously when people abbreviate it as TP Zelda because I just think of toilet paper.

Like someone just TP'd Zelda's castle.
We should all TP that Zelda’s house

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game.

Honestly I'm just surprised that Ballad of the Wind Fish hasn't been in Smash yet.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Zelda games are Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword

:yoshi:
Mine are Breath of The Wild, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, A Link to The Past, and Skyward Sword.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Unpopular gaming opinions. Here we go, off the top of my head:
  • Dragon Age II is the best Dragon Age game, and possibly the best thing Bioware has made.
  • Panzer Dragoon is better than Star Fox.
    • That said, Star Fox Adventures is not a bad game.
  • Twilight Princess is the best traditional 3D Zelda game.
  • Super Mario 3D Land/World are the only 3D Mario games to properly translate 2D Mario gameplay into 3D. And I consider them better than 64/Galaxy/Odyssey because of that.
  • The Wii U is a really good console.
  • Resident Evil 4 is not survival horror. Like, not even a little bit. Misclassifying it led to severely hindering the genre for the last decade.
  • "Classic" console repros are a terrible, terrible idea both in concept and execution and I have no idea why people are crawling over each other to get one.
  • The concept of DLC has on the whole made games better.

D

Deleted member

I could be wrong, but Twilight Princess Ganondorf seems like a smug mafia boss who is secretly a samurai as well.
OOT Ganondorf is a very wicked wizard that knows spells like how to turn your bed into pigs that eat humans and breath fire.
I like them both the same.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like both LttP Zelda because she's kawaii and TP Zelda because she's stone cold.

I have more than one preference.
People forget liking both is always an option.

You can still have a preference despite liking both though and your preference should be stone cold TP Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular gaming opinions. Here we go, off the top of my head:
Dragon Age II is the best Dragon Age game, and possibly the best thing Bioware has made.
Oof
Twilight Princess is the best traditional 3D Zelda game.
Oof.
The Wii U is a really good console.
BIG TIME OOF.
Resident Evil 4 is not survival horror. Like, not even a little bit. Misclassifying it led to severely hindering the genre for the last decade.
I don't agree, but I can kind of see where you're coming from.

D

Deleted member

• Super Mario 3D Land/World are the only 3D Mario games to properly translate 2D Mario gameplay into 3D. And I consider them better than 64/Galaxy/Odyssey because of that.
Whhaaatttt No way lol. I kind of like Land and World but 64, Galaxy, Sunshine and Odyssey are far better.
  • The concept of DLC has on the whole made games better.
Now this I agree with.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Unpopular/controversial gaming opinions?

I once entered a thread on positive controversial gaming opinions and it was quite upsetting to see shared opinions considered unpopular. Am I that out of touch?

No, it's the gamers who are out of touch.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Delete this post Moderators.

D

Deleted member

TBH, the way you act, it makes me feel like you wanted it to be like this.
Well, if that's you what you think, then I apologize, but I didn't want any of this to happen. It just did. I think in hindsight I may have brought this on myself, but there'e nothing I can do about it now.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion time?

-Mother 3 has the best music out of all Nintendo RPG's

-Xenoblade 2 is the best Xenoblade game

-Smash 4 is better than Brawl

-Smash 64 hasn't aged as terrible as people say

-F-Zero should Stay dead

-Banjo-Kazooie is never coming back and the series will remain a thing of the past. Yes I hate it too but that's what it looks like.

-Earthbound is overrated.

Edit: For good measure here's a few more

-Mario 2 (US) is the best Mario of the Original Trilogy

-Sonic was never good. He had good games in the past but if your Series has a 50/50% between good and bad games that's when you know that your series isn't all that good.

-There should not be as many Pokemon in Smash as there is now. Despite it being one of Nintendo's biggest franchise Pokemon are pretty bland

-the way FE is represented makes sense. Most of the main characters are Sword wielders which is why they don't add somebody like Lyn or whatever.

-FE Fates isn't as bad as People say it is

-I have never played any of the Mario Galaxy games nor have I played any of the KH games.

-Warioware is better than Wario Land

D

Deleted member

My favorite Zelda is BOTW.

Because that's the only one i've really played.
BOTW is awesome, but other titles like Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, and Ocarina of Time are also good if you're interested.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Unpopular opinion time?

-Mother 3 has the best music out of all Nintendo RPG's

-Xenoblade 2 is the best Xenoblade game

-Smash 4 is better than Brawl

-Smash 64 hasn't aged as terrible as people say

-F-Zero should Stay dead

-Banjo-Kazooie is never coming back and the series will remain a thing of the past. Yes I hate it too but that's what it looks like.

-Earthbound is overrated.
these aren't that unpopular besides the last thing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, time to get a feel for reactions.

Sakurai, after announcing the fifth and final Fighter Pass character, announces that there's one more character left...a surprise. One that breaks previous notions of what sorts of characters are allowed, after making an unprecedented agreement. Sakurai states that for just this once, and this once only, a character who didn't originate in a video game will be joining Smash. He says that this was tough to accomplish, but given that this character performed really well on the Ballot, Sakurai was determined to make it work.

The trailer plays. A misty mountaintop is seen, above a jungle. The camera zooms in on the jungle, to Wario being chased by...something. A shadow looms over Wario as he's trapped beside a mountain. Out from the bushes jumps a snarling...squirrel. Wario, unamused, shakes his head...only for another, larger shadow to loom over. Out from the bushes emerges...

"Ah! Wario. You're the last one I needed for Smash Bros. Bingo."
KRONK
Squeaks By!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom