• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Focus on learning to love yourself first.
It helps.

Typical millennial dark humor aside, you should spend some time getting to know yourself. It sounds really cheesy but look past that.
It starts a kind of domino effect
Looking back on my past relationships, I had way too much self-doubt for it to work well.
desperation just ****s up things. Once youre confident in yourself and it's not much an issue, i think things flow into place a lot easier and it doesnt seem so distant anymore either. just a matter of a chance encounter with someone compatible.
I have Sad Clown tendencies, that much is true, but my original post was not meant to be morose. It was just a retrospective on how I've completely suppressed the desire for companionship. Most guys never get over their situation, but I'm quite fine being single. I'm also aware of my own general ineptitude, and it's something I don't want to put someone else through. It's less self-esteem issues and more, "People deserve responsible partners because relationships are a cooperative effort."

If I want to try, I need to do more than just learn to appreciate myself. I need to not suck at life. Otherwise, I'd be wasting people's time in general, not just my own or my potential future partner. Though I feel, it's too late to give it a chance. Any woman I could have tried approaching with the intention of getting to know them is far gone now, as I'm in an age where most of them are either married, or just not interested in a relationship. Yeah, call me shallow if you must, but I've never been romantically interested in people who are younger than me.

Trust me, if I was as miffed about not having a wife by now, my personality here and in similar communities wouldn't be as colorful. I think I could probably find someone without worrying about how my personality quirks might irk them. That in itself is not the issue.

D

Deleted member

I might cut some of the Koopalings from the movie, there's so many characters in the movie already that I feel like I can't do them all justice.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
gimme the details on that script boi

if you wanna that is
First draft of a pilot script for a nine season-long animated sci-fi series that I plan to base my professional career on. So I'm taking the quality of this script very seriously, even though I'm only submitting it for my college class workshop right now. Both to hopefully impress my professor, who was an executive or producer or something apparently involved in some capacity with the productions of the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and/or A Charlie Brown Christmas TV specials, as well as Babylon 5, and someone else in the class.

Babylon 5's construction of a thoroughly planned five-season, coherent story arc where each episode is like a chapter in a novel, is much like what I intend to do, so I know my professor will understand where I'm coming from with that. Though instead of a five-season novel, it'll be more like three three-season novels, with each season being a particular story arc with a different plot and conflict, but each one building off of the previous arcs in a natural way. So after my day in class, I'm hoping to go to his office sometime and ask him for advice for how to go about starting in the industry and eventually getting to a position where I can be the showrunner of my series.

On top of that, one of my classmates is also a young woman that owns an animation studio of some sort, somehow, and on at least one occasion she went up to a student after class, having been impressed with the dialogue in his script in particular (though that was the only great quality of the script, as everything else was rather messy), and asked for his contact info to potentially hire him as a writer at her studio over the summer. I don't think I'm as particularly adept at dialogue as he might have been, but on every other level I know I can write a better script. So if I can impress her, I might have a job right out of college in the industry I plan to go into so that I can get the experience I need to get hired somewhere bigger. More importantly, it wouldn't require me to move out to California, which I'd like to avoid right now.

I'm currently 35 pages into the script. I expect it'll be around 60 by the time I'm done. I got through a couple of the harder scenes already, so it should only be one or two more sittings before I'm done. Then I'll give it to my girlfriend, who contributed the main characters but has chosen to not have any more involvement than that, to look over and give feedback, and then I'll submit it for class next week, I hope. I wanted to have it done a while ago, but my spare time and creative energy have been a little mutually exclusive lately.

I also have the first draft of my big thesis project that I'm loathing but still haven't quite started, and the clock is ticking desperately on that, so that only compounds my stress. But in a month from now, it'll all be mostly over.

D

Deleted member

I have Sad Clown tendencies, that much is true, but my original post was not meant to be morose. It was just a retrospective on how I've completely suppressed the desire for companionship. Most guys never get over their situation, but I'm quite fine being single. I'm also aware of my own general ineptitude, and it's something I don't want to put someone else through. It's less self-esteem issues and more, "People deserve responsible partners because relationships are a cooperative effort."

If I want to try, I need to do more than just learn to appreciate myself. I need to not suck at life. Otherwise, I'd be wasting people's time in general, not just my own or my potential future partner. Though I feel, it's too late to give it a chance. Any woman I could have tried approaching with the intention of getting to know them is far gone now, as I'm in an age where most of them are either married, or just not interested in a relationship. Yeah, call me shallow if you must, but I've never been romantically interested in people who are younger than me.

Trust me, if I was as miffed about not having a wife by now, my personality here and in similar communities wouldn't be as colorful. I think I could probably find someone without worrying about how my personality quirks might irk them. That in itself is not the issue.
You know what they say, a guy who works to improve himself is going to reel in the chicks (even the ones he doesn't care about). No but seriously, I've had better luck being attractive being a hard worker and chasing what I want over going to clubs.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Favorite cereal? Lucky charms, honey combs, or cheerios. I don't particularly eat cereal to have a good time so it's not on my mind much.
ooo yeah now youre talking my language.
I've kind of phased out of honey combs, but my phase out of fruit loops is done i think. retro cereals.

D

Deleted member

This is literally the most serious ****ing thing man idk about you but the first thing I always ask someone on a first date is "do you love and respect Ms. Nia Xenoblade"
Man how hard is it to find someone like that one Nia cosplayer I posted a while ago, ****s rough.

Actually wait a minute, don't Shane Dawson me you ****ers. Stop right there.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This lack of Smash news has been killing me.

Sheesh, just show me Joker already. It's been 4 months, so alot of progress must have been made. And hopefully 1 or 2 more characters as well.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How to find best grill IRL

>Bring her home
>Put the vinyl of Tarkus by Emerson, Lake & Palmer
>If she says something not positive about the music after 12 minutes then she's not a keeper.

D

Deleted member

Man how hard is it to find someone like that one Nia cosplayer I posted a while ago, ****s rough.

Actually wait a minute, don't Shane Dawson me you ****ers. Stop right there.
i did not [REDACTED] on my nia

Noipoi

Howdy!
First draft of a pilot script for a nine season-long animated sci-fi series that I plan to base my professional career on. So I'm taking the quality of this script very seriously, even though I'm only submitting it for my college class workshop right now. Both to hopefully impress my professor, who was an executive or producer or something apparently involved in some capacity with the productions of the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and/or A Charlie Brown Christmas TV specials, as well as Babylon 5, and someone else in the class.

Babylon 5's construction of a thoroughly planned five-season, coherent story arc where each episode is like a chapter in a novel, is much like what I intend to do, so I know my professor will understand where I'm coming from with that. Though instead of a five-season novel, it'll be more like three three-season novels, with each season being a particular story arc with a different plot and conflict, but each one building off of the previous arcs in a natural way. So after my day in class, I'm hoping to go to his office sometime and ask him for advice for how to go about starting in the industry and eventually getting to a position where I can be the showrunner of my series.

On top of that, one of my classmates is also a young woman that owns an animation studio of some sort, somehow, and on at least one occasion she went up to a student after class, having been impressed with the dialogue in his script in particular (though that was the only great quality of the script, as everything else was rather messy), and asked for his contact info to potentially hire him as a writer at her studio over the summer. I don't think I'm as particularly adept at dialogue as he might have been, but on every other level I know I can write a better script. So if I can impress her, I might have a job right out of college in the industry I plan to go into so that I can get the experience I need to get hired somewhere bigger. More importantly, it wouldn't require me to move out to California, which I'd like to avoid right now.

I'm currently 35 pages into the script. I expect it'll be around 60 by the time I'm done. I got through a couple of the harder scenes already, so it should only be one or two more sittings before I'm done. Then I'll give it to my girlfriend, who contributed the main characters but has chosen to not have any more involvement than that, to look over and give feedback, and then I'll submit it for class next week, I hope. I wanted to have it done a while ago, but my spare time and creative energy have been a little mutually exclusive lately.

I also have the first draft of my big thesis project that I'm loathing but still haven't quite started, and the clock is ticking desperately on that, so that only compounds my stress. But in a month from now, it'll all be mostly over.
Well look at you! Good luck on everything!

One day i'll get around to writing a pilot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know after reading how Ralph Breaks the Internet ended and basically reverses its characters and ignores the message of the first film. Makes me glad I didn't see the film...

What the **** kind of message is that supposed to be Disney!?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, thinking of changing my avatar.

I can either go back to old faithful (Tails), or draw something entirely new.

Choices choices.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Meanwhile Pixar can't learn when to let a series end perfectly.

*Cough*Toy Story*Cough*

I still call that fourth movie obvious fan service and an apology to WoodyxBo Peep shippers.

D

Deleted member

ooo yeah now youre talking my language.
I've kind of phased out of honey combs, but my phase out of fruit loops is done i think. retro cereals.
You can honestly give me any cereal and I'll eat it but damn cheerios go great with anything. It's like the water of breakfast. You can't go wrong with it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I think worrying about irking others counts as self-esteem stuff. but anyway it's ok in whatever case really.
Relationships can also mean working through issues together, and accepting each other even if imperfect. Of course, finding someone who cares and can accept you isn't always easy. But in the case where youre ok being single, then that's good because desperation wont get in the way.

With time comes maturity, and more likely to find someone decent who cares, so i dont think it's ever too late. But anyway nothing lost from just being open to the possibility. It's good that youre able to be good without it too.

imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom